Chapter 31

What Happened to Us?

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Now we’re here inside the amusement park after the Minhyuk guy left. Jieun was in Jessi’s arms as we walked around so it wasn’t possible for me to hold hands with Jessi or even to cling to her arm. It was hopeless. All I can do was to walk beside her while she has her full attention to the kid.

 

I know it’s not right to feel or think this way but I’ll admit I’m jealous of that kid. Who wouldn’t? Jessi has her arms wrapped around the kid’s body while I only have the cool breeze to surround me. Sigh.

 

I can only watch as Jessi tickled Jieun while we were walking. I can’t help but smile at the adorable scene. I’ve never seen Jessi get so close to a child before. I can see just how much she loves and cares for her niece. I can picture it in my head; Jessi would be a great mother in the future.

 

Mother huh? Should I be the father then? But Jessi said she’s the guy in the relationship. Wait a minute…

 

We totally look like a family now, right? OMO!

 

No Tiffany. You’re just being delusional. Again.

 

Sigh. There goes my imagination. Thanks a lot dude.

 

You’re always welcome!

 

To tell you the truth, I don’t really mind that Jieun came here with us today though it was supposed to be a date with Jessi. Besides, I wanted to get along with Jieun since she looks like a good child. I just have to push the ‘maid’ thingy to the back of my head and I think we’re good to be friends!

 

One thing I don’t understand is that Jessi had been ignoring me. Did I do something wrong?

 

I crossed my arms and pouted while we walk. I wanted to make it obvious to Jessi that I am certainly not amused with the current situation. I looked at her and she still didn’t notice me so I went closer to her until our arms touched. That’s the only time she got to look at me.

 

“What’s up Tiff?”

 

I stopped walking and stared at her in disbelief. What’s up? The sky.

She also stopped walking and put down Jieun. I saw the kid frown. I guess she’s too lazy to walk by herself. Yup. She’s definitely a Jung.

 

Jessi walked over to me and cupped my face with her right hand and held my hand with her left. I blushed at her sudden action.

 

“Is something bothering you, Tiff?” Jessi said, looking worried.

 

“Uh. No. Nothing Jessi.” I replied.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

I nodded my head. I was about to give her a peck on the lips when I heard a cough, making me pull back. I looked at the source of the interruption and saw Jieun merong at me.

 

This kid…

 

Jessi must have seen my disappointment because I heard her laugh. I gazed at her and she gave me a quick peck on my cheek, making me freeze in my position for a few seconds. Then she leaned closer to me and whispered to my ears.

 

“Jieun is here with us right now. I will give you more once we get back.”

 

I felt the burning sensation in cheeks as her hot breath touched my ears. She kissed me on my other cheek and winked at me. I stifle a laugh as she showed her flirty side. I can’t wait to get back to the hotel.

 

“Now that my baby is finally smiling again, what do you want to do first?” Jessi asked.

 

“Umma! Don’t forget about Jieun too! Hmp.” Jieun crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks. She’s cute! If only she didn’t call me a maid…

 

Jessi smiled at her niece and bent down to Jieun’s level. “Aigoo. Umma won’t ever forget about Jieun. Do you have something in mind then?”

 

The kid glanced at me and smiled cheekily. “I want ice cream right now! N.O.W”

 

Jessi pinched Jieun’s cheeks. “Yah! That’s my line! You have no originality.”

 

“But Cole umma said that it’s for cute people only and I’m cute so I can use that line too.”

 

“Arasso, princess. If that’s what you believe in, then I won’t say anything else. Let’s go get some ice cream.”

 

“YAY!” the kid grabbed Jessi’s right hand so I immediately went over to the other side and held her left hand before it’s too late. Jessi turned to me and I gave her my signature eye smile which she gladly returned. We were approaching an ice cream store when Jessi asked a question.

 

“So, what flavor do you want?”

 

“STRAWBERRY!

 

 I turned my head to the kid and realized that we both said the same thing. I guess little girls likes strawberry too huh? That’s understandable. Strawberry is delicious. And it’s pink!

 

“Okay. It’s strawberry then. Why don’t you two just sit here while I buy some?” Jessi said as we stopped by a bench.

 

Jieun and I looked at each other before nodding at Jessi.

 

“Don’t take too long umma. I’m hungry.”

 

“Yes princess. Tiff, look out for Jieun for a while. She might run off again.” Jessi said to me.

 

“I won’t run off, umma. I’m a good girl.”

 

“You better be. Don’t give your Fany unnie some troubles.”

 

“Yes mom.” Jieun replied in English and rolled her eyes.

 

“Hahahaha!” I laughed at Jieun’s expression. She looks just like Jessi when she did that. Even her English accent sounds the same as her. I was laughing so hard that I didn’t notice that they were already staring at me.

 

“W-what?”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA” They are now laughing at me. These two are driving me crazy! What did I do this time?

 

I glared at Jessi and thankfully, she stopped as soon as she noticed my intense glare at her. On the other hand, the little Jung didn’t stop laughing at all.

 

“Unnie, you look ugly when you laugh! Hahahahaha!” Jieun said.

 

I put on my pokerface and turned to Jessi. I gave her a look that says,

 

‘Stop this kid or it’s you who’ll suffer my wrath’.

 

It worked because Jessi tried her best to stop Jieun. It was a good thing that the kid listens to her umma.

 

“Well… I’ll go get ice cream now.” Jessi said as she walked to the ice cream stand.

 

I leaned back on the bench and sighed. I shifted my gaze at the little Jung who was also staring at me with her round eyes. I don’t know how to put it but she seemed… odd.

 

What she did next surprised me. She rested her head on my lap and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

 

“Unnie…” she called out to me.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Don’t you dare hurt my umma.”

 


A/N: Short... I don't know what got into me but I am not in my usual self today... again. So pardon me if this chap is boring. sigh. I was supposed to give something about Jieun's background but... yeah.

Anyway, thanks a lot to Jannys and milkymilk19 for the vote! And... welcome aboard to all the new subbies!

Till next time!