Chapter 26

What Happened to Us?

 

Jessica’s POV

 

When Tiffany said that we were having our date, I didn’t expect things to turn out like this. I should’ve known it from the start. Dating, in Tiffany’s perspective, means that I have to follow her around while she shops for clothes just like what we usually do back in high school.

 

This is not exactly what I had in mind when I hear the word ‘date’. Isn’t it like the ones you’ve watched on TV? When people go out on a date, they go watch a movie, eat in a fancy restaurant and watch the sunset together at the end of the day.

 

I guess I’m just being delusional huh?

 

I really thought I scored a date with her today and I was really expecting a lot! Instead, I’m stuck here in front of a fitting room waiting for Tiffany to come out. I don’t even know what she’s trying on. All I can remember is that she dragged me to store and started picking out whatever she thinks is cute while I, on the other hand, was busy admiring staring at her.

 

The truth is, I’m thinking of ways to confess to her.

 

Yes. I’m planning to confess to her when we get to Jeju. But, as of now, I really don’t have any idea how to do it. Should I be straightforward? Or should I take it easy on her? Ugh. This is killing me!

 

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL HER HOW I FEEL?!!

 

I have never confessed to anyone before and thinking about doing it drives me crazy. But this is Tiffany we’re talking about. She’s an exception for everything. But what if she rejects me?

 

“No Jessica! Stop being so pessimistic!” I scolded myself.

 

Great. Now I’m talking to myself. This is getting creepy. I looked around and saw people staring at me. I shot them a glare and they stopped. Pretty easy.

 

Back to my dilemma. Since when did I become this crazy? Oh yeah. Ever since I fell in love with Tiffany.

 

I heard the sound of a curtain so I looked up. And there she was… as perfect as she can be. If only I can lend you my eyes right now. Then maybe you could see how beautiful my future wife is. But I can’t and I’m not sharing her with anyone of you. I am THAT stingy!

 

“Jessi, what do you think?”

 

I gulped. NO ONE should see her in this. I picked out another dress from the racks and gave it to her. “Try this one instead.”

 

“But it’s pink.” Tiffany said, frowning at the dress.

 

“You like pink.”

 

She stared at the dress she was wearing and pouted. “But you like red.”

 

I became speechless with what she said. She wants to wear a red dress because I like it?

 

“That was before.” I said to her.

 

“Before what?” She asked me.

 

“Before I loved you.” I whispered so she couldn’t hear it.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing. Um... If you want that red dress then just buy it already! I’m already hungry!” I whined. Thankfully, she did as what I told her to.

 

After hours shopping, it’s finally time to eat! YAY!

 

Huh? I’m beginning to sound like Soo.

 

“So… how are you and Taeyeon doing?” Tiffany asked as we ate our food.

 

“Eh? What do you mean?”

 

“Yoona said that you two are dating, right?”

 

Crap. I forgot about that.

 

“Aniyo. You got it wrong! Taeng and I are just friends. Yoona was just teasing me with Taeng.”

 

“Really?” Is it an illusion or did I just see Tiffany’s eyes twinkle?

 

“Uh. Yeah.”

 

“That’s good then.” Tiffany said while smiling.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. “What’s so good about it?”

 

Tiffany looked at me with her creepy smile. What’s gotten into her? Is she palnning something devious? She seems… different.

 

“Do you want to hear my secret?” I heard her say.

 

“What secret?”

 

She leaned her head closer to me so I did the same. Curiosity took over me.

 

“You see, Jess, I like… someone.” She whispered to my ear. Suddenly, I feel the chills in my body. She leaned back in her chair and smiled widely.

 

Does she still like Yuri? That can’t be. They broke up already. And she seems happy about their breakup. There must be someone else then. I should know her namae and give it to Chaerin. Surely, she will help me deal with that person. Kekeke.

 

“Jessi, you’re dozing off again.”

 

“Uh. Mianhe. But… can you tell me more about that someone?”

 

“Why are you interested? Are you perhaps… jealous?” She said with a smirk on her face.

 

“WHAT? NO! I-I was just curious. After all, I’m still your friend.” I said, whispering the last sentence.

 

Tiffany nodded her head. “If you’re THAT eager to know, then I will tell you.”

 

I nodded my head and smiled. The more information I can give to Chaerin, the better.

 

“First of all, she’s beautiful.” Beautiful? Psh. I am hot AND beautiful! I am not called Gorjess for nothing! Beat that, whoever you are.

 

“And she’s also sweet and caring.” Gaah! I AM sweet and caring too. But only for you Tiff. I hope you can see that.

 

“She’s smart.” I graduated in college with flying colors and I also have a Master’s degree in Business Administration. Maybe it’s time to get my Doctorate degree?

 

“But… she’s dense.”

 

“She’s like someone I know.” I mumbled.

 

Beautiful, sweet, caring, smart and dense? It clearly sums up to Tiffany! Don’t tell me Tiffany is a narcissist?

 

“You do know her Jessi! I think you know her better than I do.”

 

I know her better that Tiffany does? There’s only one person then.

 

“It’s… Taeng. Right?” I said, trying to hide the sadness in my voice. That’s why she’s been asking about me and Taeyeon earlier. Aish!

 

“Kim Taeyeon? Please. I am NOT interested in her.” Tiffany said in a low voice. She stopped smiling and I feel bad about this. My instincts tell me that she’s on DarkFany mode right now. I gulped. Did I say something wrong?

 

“Then, who is it?” I asked nervously.

 

She smirked at me, making my heart beat furiously. Then, she leaned towards me and gestured for me to do the same. I leaned my head closer to her, anticipating to hear the person’s name which will soon be written in CL’s Death Note. Our faces were only inches apart which made it harder for me to breath. Her words were soft but it knocked my heart out.

 

“That someone is… you. I’ve always been in love you, Jessi. I.Love.You.”

 

And before I could react I already felt her soft lips upon mine. This time, I won’t hesitate so I kissed her back. It was slow but it filled the empty spaces in my lonely life.

 

It was just one kiss. One kiss was enough for me to forgive her for all though she didn’t tell me her reason yet. One kiss was enough for all the pain to be washed away. One kiss was enough to feel alive. One kiss was enough for me to fall for her.

 

Over and over again.

 


A/N: HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON! Yeah. This chapter is close to my heart. XD

And awesome thanks to prizzychic1 and Bluebrain for voting! Hello to the new subscribers and my loyal readers!

This is what you've been waiting for right? JETI! Leave some comments please! Thanks! And finally, let's campaign against cucumbers today! XD