Chapter 34

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

“WHAT?!!”

 

Chaerin went closer to her friend and grabbed her tightly on using both of her hands. The girl was frantically shaking and was close to breaking down. Her eyes avoided gazing at Chaerin as the latter was clearly not amused of the news she just heard.

 

“I… I didn’t… I just…” She kept on mumbling words that makes no sense at all.

 

On the other hand, Chaerin stared at her. What she felt was a mix of pity, anger, worry and panic. Her eyes looked for explanations; rather, her eyes hoped that everything was just an illusion. She couldn’t bear watching her friends in this situation. Chaerin had always hated it when things go wrong. Seeing her friend whimper, she let go of her grip.

 

After taking a deep breath, she crossed her arms and bit her lower lip. She needs to do something.

 

“Where is she?” Chaerin asked in a dangerous tone.

 

She could shake her head in reply.

 

The blonde scoffed. “You didn’t go after her?”

 

She shakes her head again.

 

Chaerin gritted her teeth. Her fists were clenched as she stops herself from hurting anyone. She took deep breaths, trying to calm herself. Leaning her back against the wall, she gazed at her feet. Her eyes still showed frustration though it was glistening because of the tears. Then, she heard footsteps coming towards her. She looked up when it stopped in front of her.

 

“It’s alright, Chaerin. I think we… we just need time to –“

 

*SLAP*

 

That did it for Chaerin. Before she could even recover from the tingling pain in her cheek, Chaerin pinned her on the wall.

 

“You… you took advantage of her. You knew Taeyeon was just drunk but still…”  Chaerin’s voice was low and dark.

 

She growled before continuing. “And now you’re telling me that the both of you just need time? That’s just plain stupid, Sunny. Don’t cover up your mistake for a stupid reason.”

 

Chaerin backed away from her and took out a card from her wallet. She threw it across Sunny’s face.

 

“You badly need some counseling.”

 

With that said, she walked away, leaving Sunny panting out of fear. Sunny closed her eyes as she tried to catch up her breath. When she opened her eyes again, she caught a glimpse of the card that Chaerin threw at her. She picked it up and read it.

 

“Dr. Kim Hyoyeon…”

 

~~~~~~~

 

Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jieun had just finished eating at a fast food chain inside the amusement park. Taeyeon was walking around with Jieun holding her hand while the couple followed them from behind. Tiffany was sulking and Jessica tried her best to comfort her girlfriend. One may simply wonder what happened and believe me when I say; it’s not pleasant at all.

 

For instance, their seating arrangement in the fast food chain was an implied conflict for them. Jessica was the first one to take a seat. She took a seat next to the wall just so she could have something to lean on. Tiffany was about to sit next to her but Taeyeon stopped her by blocking the way. Before Jessica could even suspect anything, Jieun had already occupied the most desired seat of all.

 

Luckily for Tiffany, she was quick enough to take the seat across Jessica, leaving Taeyeon with no other choice but to sit next to her. Tiffany smirked in triumph.

 

Tiffany’s victory didn’t last long though. Her celebration was cut short when they ordered their food. They all agreed to order the same thing; hamburger.

 

“Oh. Absolutely no cucumbers and tomatoes please.” Taeyeon said.

 

This made Tiffany chuckle. “I didn’t know you hated tomatoes, Taeyeon-ssi.”

 

Taeyeon looked at her with a grin on her face. “I see that you’re mistaken. It’s Jieun here who doesn’t like to eat tomatoes. Tsk. To think that she already considers you as her umma, it seems… a little too early for that.” The short girl shook her head.

 

Tiffany shifted her gaze to Jieun and bit her lip but the kid pouted and looked away.

 

Wrong move, Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was surprised when she felt a hand on top of hers. She looked at Jessica with a sad face. The latter smiled sweetly at her and mouthed, ‘it’s okay.’ Tiffany tried to smile back but Jessica saw through her girlfriend’s uneasiness so she took Tiffany’s hand and kissed it before putting it in her puffed cheeks.

 

“So… are you two official now?” Taeyeon’s voice interrupted their not-so-intimate moment.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Tiffany whispered. Her hands still enjoys the warmth of Jessica’s face and she wouldn’t let Taeyeon ruin it…

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica for confirmation and the latter smiled and nodded. Happiness was evident in her eyes.

 

“I see.” Taeyeon said softly.

 

The youngest Jung saw the hint of sadness in Taeyeon’s eyes so she changed the topic with the first thing that came in her mind.

 

“Taeng unnie… you still owe me ice cream.”

 

Taeyeon laughed a little, hearing Jieun’s words. “Yes, my princess. I’ll get you your ice cream later, arasso?”

 

“YAY!”

 

~~~~~~~

 

Now, it all comes down to this; a crane machine. Jieun ran towards it the moment her eyes found it. The three adults had no other choice but to follow her. When they caught up with her, Jieun turned around, looking serious.

 

“I want one of these.” Jieun said in an autocratic tone. She pointed at the pink bunny plush toy inside the machine. Her sweet childish features disappeared in an instant. Her face was rather serious.

 

“I’m not good at it.” Jessica said coolly.

 

Jieun’s gaze shifted to Taeyeon. “Unnie…”

 

“I VOLUNTEER!” A loud voice said.

 

Hearing Tiffany’s voice, Jessica dragged her a little farther from Jieun and Taeyeon.

 

“Are you sure you can do this?”

 

“Uh. I can try, right?”

 

“Of course you can… but Jieun gets what she wants. If you don’t get her one of those then…”

 

“Come on Jessi. How hard can it be? Besides, I really want to this for Jieun. I still feel bad for what happened earlier. I want to prove that I deserve to be Jieun’s umma too…”

 

Jessica sighed. She can never go against her girlfriend’s willingness. “Alright. But just in case you can’t do it, you can ask Taeyeon for help.”

 

Never ever, Jessi. Never ever.

 

Tiffany happily skipped and stopped when she was in front of the crane machine. She took a quick glance at Jieun before exhaling loudly. She inserted a coin in the coin the slot and pressed the start button.

 

Tiffany, you can do this.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“I’m a failure…”

 

“You’re not. It’s just —“

 

“Just what Jess? I played and tried for more than fifty times and I didn’t get to win a prize.”

 

“It’s okay Tiff. At least Taeng got one for Jieun. The kid is still happy.” Jessica put an arm around Tiffany.

 

“Yeah. She’s happy with Taeyeon and not me.” Tiffany said, crossing her arms.

 

Jessica couldn’t deny that. The kid practically ignored Tiffany after failing to get one of those bunnies. Jieun clung to Taeyeon ever since.

 

~~~~~~~

 

They had already dropped off Jieun to where she was staying with her father. There were only the three of them left.

 

“So what hotel are you staying at Taeng?” Jessica asked her.

 

“Huh? Oh. I’m actually headed for home now.”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t it a little late? Seoul is miles away from here.”

 

You’re wrong Sica. My home is wherever you are.

 

“I know… but I had to do something important early tomorrow.”

 

“Tae—“

 

Jessica’s phone rang. She looked at the screen before answering it. Jessica looked like she was focused on the call so Taeyeon took this opportunity to slowly disappear. Before walking away, she took one final glance at Tiffany who was watching Jessica talk on the phone. Taeyeon saw how Tiffany stared at Jessica lovingly.

 

Taeyeon scoffed. “You may be her first love, but you won’t be the last.”

 

Jessica finished talking on the phone when she caught Tiffany staring at her with a smug look.

 

“Where’s Taeng?”

 

Tiffany looked around before facing Jessica. “She was just here a while ago.”

 

“I guess she left already. That kid needs to change her ways.”

 

“We better get back to the hotel, Jessi. I’m tired already.”

 

The two made their way back into their hotel. They took a shower… separately and are now both lying on the bed. Tiffany had an arm around Jessica’s waist and with her other hand, she intertwined their fingers. Jessica was enjoying the smell of Tiffany’s hair.

 

“I forgot to ask you who called earlier.”

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

“No.” Tiffany pinched Jessica’s tummy and the latter giggled.

 

“It was just Chaerin, Tiff.” Jessica said before planting a kiss on Tiffany’s cheek.

 

“Our boss? What does she want?”

 

“I told you she’s my friend too. Well, she just asked if Sooyoung called me.”

 

“Oh.”

 

There was a moment of silence between them. It was until Tiffany grinned to herself when she thought of a good idea.

 

“Mmm… Jessi?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Tiffany rolled so that she laid on top of Jessica. She brushed her lips on Jessica’s ears and whispered,

 

“Ready for a long night?”

 


A/N: Not a good chapter in my opinion. Sigh. I told you I'm bipolar.

For those who subscribed to my other fics especially 'Let Go', I'll be updating those once this fic is complete. I just felt the need to post the foreword of that though I originnaly want to post it the same time as the epilogue of this. I guess I got too excited.

Bunnies FTW!