Chapter 33

What Happened to Us?

 

Jieun’s POV

 

“Taeng unnie!” I shouted, calling the attention of everyone around the vicinity. I didn’t care about the stares that I got from those other people. All I wanted to do was to make sure that my eyes weren’t tricking me again. My speculation was confirmed when she I saw her smiling widely at me.

 

“Jieun-ah!” Taeng unnie ran towards me with open arms. I also ran to her and let her hug me tightly. She pulled away and pinched my cheeks.

 

“Aigoo. You’ve grown so much since I last saw you.”

 

I grinned at her. “I know unnie. I drink a lot of milk! I don’t want to end up like you.”

 

She pinched my cheeks once more and pouted. Taeng unnie is such a kid sometimes…

 

Okay. Most of the time then!

 

“YAH! You’re so mean. You’re becoming like your umma.”

 

I nodded my head enthusiastically. “I AM! I take after Fany umma.”

 

“…”

 

There was no response. Taeng unnie lost her smile and was only staring at me. I retained my smile as I examined her face. I looked up to see Sica umma staring at something behind me. I turned around and found a blushing Fany umma. She hung her head low but since I’m short, I can clearly see how red her cheeks are.

 

I’m so happy! She likes it when I call her ‘umma’. I mentally jumped up and down and did the wiggle dance..

 

“Since when did she become your umma?” Taeng unnie said.

 

She was staring at my Fany umma. That’s weird. There’s something unusual in Taeng unnie’s eyes. Somehow, her voice didn’t sound right too. I noticed Sica umma’s eyes were on me too. I guess she was just as curious as Taeng unnie but the difference was noticeacble. Sica umma’s eyes were hopeful.

 

“Well, Jieun?” Taeng unnie gripped me on my shoulders. I can feel that she was shaking. I pretended not to notice.

 

“Uh... I can’t tell you unnie. It’s a secret between us. Right, Fany umma?” I turned to Fany umma and saw her confused face. I sent her a telepathic message that says, ‘just play along’. Luckily, she got what I meant. Now, all eyes are on her.

 

“Uh. Y-yeah. It’s our little secret.” Fanny flashed an awkward smile. I stifled a laugh because she looks… constipated.

 

I mentally sighed. That was close! I know that Fany umma doesn’t have a tiny bit of idea why I call her umma but I can’t possibly tell them the true reason why.

 

Nope.

 

Sica umma would totally strangle me if I say that I enjoyed resting my head on Fany umma’s laps. Well… it was soft and comfy.

 

“Sica umma, where’s my ice cream?” I said that purposely to change the topic. I looked at both of her hands and found nothing. I ran to her and began tugging her clothes.

 

Yes. I’d start acting my age.

 

“Ummaaaa… I want my ice creaaaammmm!” I whined. I also began trying Krystal umma’s technique on pissing Sica umma. I put on my best pout and looked at SIca umma with teary eyes. I also continued tugging her clothes while bouncing up and down.

 

“…”

 

“Ummaaa…” I groaned.

 

Then I felt someone lift me off the ground. It was Taeng unnie. She was carrying me in her arms.

 

“Mianhae Jieun-ah. It’s my fault that your Sica umma didn’t buy you ice cream. I guess she enjoyed talking to me that much.” Taeng unnie said to me. A smirk was plastered on her face. The way she said it, it was as if she was implying something.

 

I smell something bad. I took a quick glance at Sica and she was… blushing? Seriously?

 

“Of course! Jessi enjoys talking to her friends.” Fany umma’s voice is husky. I like it. Go Fany umma!

 

I shift my gaze at Fany umma and she had this scary aura around her. It was even scarier because she was smiling like a total psycho. I gulped. Something bad is bound to happen. If I don’t do something now, I may never see the sun again. My worries were washed away when my stomach growled. Sigh. I’d have to deal with these three later.

 

“Unniiiee…” I whined while I was clutching my tummy, “I’m hungry…”

 

“Why don’t we just eat ice cream later after getting our stomach filled with hamburgers? You like that?” Taeng unnie suggested.

 

I immediately nodded my head excitedly. As long as it fills my tummy, I’m good.

 

“What do you say, Sica?”

 

Sica umma was oblivious to the glare that Fany umma was sending her. I shook my head in disappointment. To my dismay, she smiled at unnie. “Sure.”

 

Based on observation, a bomb will soon explode. In order to prevent that, I have to cut some wires.

 

Just what did I just get myself into?

 

 

Author’s POV

 

A young man was focused on reading documents in his laptop. He had one hand supporting his chin and the other one was tapping on the desk. He held an amused expression in his face while working.

 

A sly grin was clearly visible but it faded away when he heard a knock on his office door.

 

“Come in.”

 

The door opened and a girl walked in and took a seat in front of him. The man’s expression turned into a confused one as he stared at the person in front of him. He closed his laptop and leaned back in his chair. His infamous smirk made its way in his handsome face.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be in Seoul, Seohyun? You seemed to miss me too much”

 

Seohyun kept a straight face while staring at the guy before her. “I’m not here to fool around. I was just checking on you. I had to make sure you’re doing your job.”

 

“Of course I am! I take this job seriously.” He said defensively.

 

“You should… unless you want to lose everything again.”

 

He frowned at the thought of Seohyun’s words. “I won’t let that happen. Not on my watch.”

 

Seohyun curtly nodded.

 

The guy sighed and opened his laptop again. “I was about to call you to bring the good news but since you paid me a visit, I might as well show you instead.”

 

He clicked a file to open before turning his laptop around to face Seohyun. Her grinned and clasped his hands in anticipation of Seohyun’s reaction.

 

“Go on. Read it.”

 

Seohyun pulled the laptop closer to her and began reading the entire document. A few minutes later, she looked up and saw a pair of eyes that were watching her carefully.

 

“So when will this take effect? I assume it will be sooner as I ordered you to.” Seohyun’s voice was cold and dark.

 

“Everything is set two days from now. They can’t do anything about it. As for their companies in Korea, the takeover will happen in a week’s time. I’m pleased to tell you that everything has been taken care of as you wished.”

 

“Good. At least now, you’ve proven to me that your company was worth saving after all.”

 

He chuckled. “Our company is very grateful for your help Seohyun. If not for you, my family will not have their chance of revenge against the Lees. I’ll make sure that they will be on their knees begging.”

 

“I’m sure you can do that. Just… don’t hold back. I expect a lot from you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

 

Back in Seoul…

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Sunny was pacing back and forth around the living room. I watched as she constantly checked her phone for any message. She was obviously upset.

 

“Yah! Could you please stay still? I’m getting dizzy just by looking at you.”

 

She stopped in her tracks and took a seat beside me. Instead of a glare that I was expecting, her face showed only a concerned look. “I’m sorry Soo. I’m just… where the hell is that midget?”

 

Taeyeon? Tss. It’s all about her again.

 

I held in whatever unnecessary emotion I have and placed my hand on Sunny’s. igave it a light squeeze to calm her down. “Taeyeon is grown up. She’s not a baby you know. It’s not really unusual for her to disappear suddenly. She always does that. Wherever she is, I’m sure she’s doing fine.”

 

She sighed for the nth time today. She moved closer to me and rested her head on my shoulders. “I’m just worried about her. She seems to be a different person these past few days.”

 

“I don’t see anything wrong with her when I was working with her. She just became a little determined on getting Sica but it’s not that bad right?”

 

She sat up and looked at me in the eyes. “That’s not what I meant when I said she’s different. Well… most of the time that I saw her, she’s just staring blankly at something. She also became a little distant to us. And then there’s this one time…”

 

I raised my eyebrow, waiting for her to complete her sentence. I noticed that she was fidgeting. This made my heart beat a little faster.

 

“W-what happened?” I asked.

 

She closed her eyes and breathed deeply.

 

“Taeyeon… s-she kissed me.”

 


A/N: The end is near people... Drama's coming up and I hate it. T_T

HInt: I'm sticking with the title till the very end... and I don't promise you that it will be all good. Even I, who wrote this, feels hesitant but that's the way it should be. At least I have two alternatives for the final chapter...

Am I kidding you guys? Maybe... I'm bipolar after all! The ending will depend on my mood when i finally write it down! Keke. Don't worry Wave Surfers. >_< Just hope that I won't feel emo on that special day.

Have a nice day!

P.S: As I had predicted, you guys want another JeTi fic from me and I will make one after this. Thanks for all those who answered my poll. ^_^v