Chapter 21

What Happened to Us?

 

Previously…

 

A seemingly normal day at Lee Enterprises turned into a twist of cruel fate. With Sooyoung, Sunny and Chaerin working in the company, they were hoping to find some progress in helping Jessica regarding Tiffany’s cold attitude to the former.

 

But the question remains, will they succeed in clearing things between the two if Taeyeon is around?

 

The task at hand seems to grow more difficult for the game master as she was stuck between dealing with her friend’s love problems and finding the real culprit behind these unlikely coincidences.

 

Author’s POV

 

Chaerin was finally alone in her office after Taeyeon showed up and excitedly dragged Sooyoung and Jessica for their meeting. The blonde girl could only massage her temples as she tries to soothe the pain that was hitting her.

 

She admits it. Stress was finally taking over her. She badly wants to help Jessica but it was just too complicated. People around her are complicated.

 

Scratch that.

 

Love itself is complicated.

 

 Then, there’s Tiffany. The girl just magically disappeared from her office the moment Taeyeon came into the room. The girl’s action makes Chaerin more curious in what really happened.

 

She figures that she had to be the one to push Tiffany. She can’t let Taeyeon do that part anymore. If there was one thing that made the game master fear Taeyeon, it’s because Taeyeon fights back,

 

But she doesn’t fight fair.

 

That was one of the reasons why she didn’t want to bring Taeyeon into the picture until the ex-best friends clears things between them. She knows that Taeyeon’s constant presence in the company will make Jessica and Tiffany hesitant.

 

From the scene she witnessed earlier, Chaerin was certain that more awkward moments will come especially now when the dork is part of the development team along with the shikshin, the ice princess and the girl of the hour.

 

Chaos is bound to happen.

 

Cadherin shook her head at the thought. Now, she had to step in and do her part. She has to make her moves faster than she planned if she wants to succeed.

 

She needs to talk to Tiffany soon.

 

Chaerin pressed the button on her desk, calling for her secretary. A few seconds later, the secretary came in.

 

“What can I do for you, Ms. CL?”

 

“Get Ms. Tiffany Hwang here in my office now.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” With that, the secretary left.

 

Chaerin looked out the window, waiting for Tiffany. No matter how complicated things may be, she still finds all of these amusing.

 

“Whoever you are, dear opponent, I will never back down.”

 

On the other side of Seoul…

 

A blonde girl was staring nervously at an apartment door. Her mind was debating if she should ring the doorbell or just turn back and walk away. It would have been better if she dragged Nicole along but she figured that she should take this matter into her own hands.

 

“Hyoyeon?” A voice from behind her said. The blonde turned her head around and found the tanned girl smiling at her.

 

“Yuri-”

 

“I know. We need to talk, huh? You’re just in time then. I wanted to tell you something too.” Yuri said, opening the door and gesturing for Hyoyeon to come in.

 

Hyoyeon stepped in and looked around the unfamiliar place. It was actually the first time she came in here though they had been friends since the odd circumstances happened. Usually, it was Yuri who comes over to Hyoyeon’s clinic whenever the tanned girl finds time.

 

“Have a seat. Do you want something to drink?” Yuri offered.

 

“No thanks.” Hyoyeon replied as she sat on the couch.

 

Yuri eyed the blonde girl before taking a seat across her. “So, to whom I owe this surprise visit?”

 

Hyoyeon looked at Yuri seriously. “Yuri, I know that what I’m trying to do here is risky. But, I want to hear the whole story coming from you. I want to hear your side instead of what she usually rambles about.”

 

Yuri showed her an amused smile. “I know. Is my life story THAT interesting to you?”

 

The blonde let out a sigh. “It’s just… Ugh. I’m getting tired of this, Yul. The guilt inside is killing me! I told you, all of these happened because of me.”

 

“Cut that crap. It’s practically all of us. We were just victims here, Hyo.”

 

Hyoyeon frowned. “It’s true though. Umm. Tell me something, Yuri. Do you love that Tiffany girl?

 

Yuri scoffed. “What kind of question is that?”

 

“The kind of question you should’ve answered a long time ago.” Hyoyeon retorted.

 

Yuri crossed her arms and looked away. “No.”

 

“Then, why are you doing this?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Yuri stared at Hyoyeon and sighed. “I did it for love.”

 

“But you just said you don’t love Tiffany.”

 

Yuri kept a straight face, not wanting to let out her emotions. “I never loved Tiffany. There’s always been someone else.”

 

Hyoyeon widened her eyes and realization hits her hard. “That means, all these times-“

 

“Yes Hyo. I had always been in love with her.” Yuri smiled weakly.

 

Hyoyeon let out a gasp. “Then you must really love her for you to do all those things. You’re definitely a masochist.”

 

The tanned girl chuckled. “Yeah. The things you do for love… you just do them without even thinking whether it’s right or wrong. I feel like I’ve worn sunglasses. It makes me see things differently.”

 

The blonde girl bit her lip. “I don’t understand her though. No matter how many times I try to put the pieces together, I don’t get it. It doesn’t make sense at all. Think about it. What does Jessica have to do with Kyuhyun? Ugh.”

 

‘Love. That’s the only reason.’ Yuri thought.

 

“Can I ask you a favor, Hyo?” Yuri said.

 

Hyoyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “W-what is it?”

 

“Can you look out for Tiffany while I’m gone?”

 

“What the hell? You’re leaving?!” Hyoyeon said, trying not to raise her voice.

 

“I have to, Hyo. Things are getting out of hand. I need to find the correct solutions for all of us. That takes time. Come on, Hyo. Help Tiffany. Help her become happy. She deserves it. She had suffered long enough.”

 

The blonde stared blankly on the floor, not knowing what to say. Yuri laughed at Hyoyeon’s expression for a few seconds then turned serious again.

 

“I’m leaving for the States tomorrow.  I’ll find help from the people you recommended back then. I’m putting a stop to this.”

 

“But she won’t allow that! She might make everything worse if you leave!”

 

Yuri shook her head. “She doesn’t have to know. And if she does know, I doubt she’ll come after me. Besides, she has another pawn to play with.”

 

“Another pawn? Who?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Yuri only shrugged her shoulders. “I have no idea. She won’t tell me. But I heard that her new pawn is got her way into the company as well.”

 

“She used too many people already. By the way, do you want me to send you off?”

 

Yuri smiled sincerely. “No. I’m good. I can take care of myself. Just one thing though. Remember my favor about Tiffany.”

 

The blonde nodded. “You give me no choice, right? I’ll do what I can. But… I honestly don’t know how I could help her.”

 

Yuri grinned at her friend.

 

“That’s easy. Give her Jessica Jung.” 

 


A/N: This was supposed to be posted yesterday but I went out to watch a movie. Sorry. There you go! Another revelation, huh? Yuri IS NOT the enemy. I think it's now pretty obvious who the REAL enemy is. Right?

Oh. And if you wanted to ask me about anything. Just leave some comments. Or you could ask me here. http://ask.fm/BlackELF21

Have a nice day!