Chapter 1

What Happened to Us?

 

                In everyday that I see you, I can’t help but wonder. What happened to us?

                We were once inseparable and many people were jealous of the kind of friendship that we had. We used to laugh and cry together. We had sleepovers. We shared our passions and dreams. We can even share eating ice cream in cones without hesitation. So, tell me, where did it all start going wrong?

                Was it because I zone out too much? Was it because I love sleeping more than I like hanging out with you? Was it because I prefer to stay at home than go shopping? Was it because I took a long time to shower? You didn’t even tell me what’s wrong! Whatever happened to ‘best friends forever’?

                No.

Wait.

I think I have the answer... It’s because of HER. Right?

 

Flashback

I was furiously looking for you. You didn’t attend our classes earlier and for the first time, you didn’t answer my calls and messages. I tried to call your house but nobody was home. I was frantically looking everywhere for you. I sighed.

 

It was getting late and I know the chances of me finding are getting slim. This is the very first time you got me really worried. You didn’t even tell me what’s going on. So much for being best friends huh?

 

Then I remembered the place where you would sneak off to when you’re either happy or upset. That’s the only place where I haven’t searched yet. I ran and ran until I finally found you. You were staring up the sky.

 

For a moment there, I stared at you. The moonlight was illuminating on you. The breeze was blowing your hair. Everything was in slow motion as I look at the most beautiful sight a human can ever see.

 

You noticed my presence and looked my way. You smiled at me and as if on cue, my heart skipped a beat. I came closer to you and gave you a hug.

 

                “Do you know how long I’ve been looking for you? Why aren’t you answering my calls? Seriously, you almost have me killed by worrying! Don’t ever do that again. Please.”

 

                You remained silent. I reluctantly broke the hug and asked, “What’s the problem?”

 

                Again, you smiled at me. I’ve been your best friend for 10 years and yet I can’t even read what’s on your mind that time. I really felt confused on your actions.

                You looked straight into my eyes and said the words I’d never thought I’d hear from you.

 

 

               

                “Jessi, I’m in love”.

 


 

 

A/N:      Whew. Who knew writing can be stressful? This is supposed to be my stress reliever but I guess not? Lol. It’s my first time writing a fic and I’m not really expecting much from myself since I’m still new with this. I just hope you guys liked it. Drop in some comments if you want! Thanks!

                By the way, this is supposed to be a one-shot story but I’m planning to make it two-shots or even an ongoing one. What do you guys think? Should I leave this as an open ended story as is? Don’t mind me. I’m just undecided.

                Good day to everyone! Thanks again!