Defense

DEATH OR LOVE?! {ON HIATUS UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE}

"Maybe we should split up." Hoya suggested, bending down to catch his breath. Sunggyu glared at him, "Are you crazy?! Splitting up equals to lesser chance of survival!" the older male grabbed onto the younger's collar as he hissed.

"Look, we can solve this without violence." L said, pulling both apart with the help of Woohyun. "Look, I can explain why I wanted the spilt. If we keep walking rounds and rounds on the same damn path together, we'll just bring down everyone else!" Hoya yelled back.

Sunggyu was tongue-tied, he knew Hoya had been right but it was his duty to protect the remaining members of Infinite, as a leader. Or at least, that was what he promised Dongwoo.

-FLASHBACK-

Sunggyu and Dongwoo were on a beach with the gang, on a usual monthly outing. This time, it was donghae that they have chosen to come. 

"Hyung." Dongwoo called, lying down next to the older male on the mat. "Yeah?" Sunggyu answered, flipping another page of the latest fashion magazine. 

"Isn't it nice to feel the breeze?" the blue-haired male asked, taking a sufficient amount air in. "Silly, it's summer right now. How could there be breeze?" Sunggyu chuckled. "It's summer, but I feel breeze." Dongwoo sounded final. 

"Aren't you the weird one in the gang. It's summer, Mr Jang." Sunggyu laughed. "At least it's a thing that you can joke with." Dongwoo continued. Sunggyu frowned, he had failed to understand the meaning behind the sentence.

"Pardon?" he closed his magazine shut as his eyes travelled to the younger male. 

Dongwoo sighed. Sunggyu narrowed his eyeslits at Dongwoo with misunderstanding, waiting for his answer. 

"Nothing much." Dongwoo gave a small yet delicate smile. "You need to be on medications." Sunggyu shook his head as he stood up to join the rest in beach volleyball.

"Hyung!" Dongwoo called. Sunggyu stopped in his steps and looked over his shoulder, "What do you want, Mr Jang?"

"Promise me, that you'll keep Infinite alive." Dongwoo said. "Of course I will! Who am I, Kim Sunggyu! Isn't it?" Sunggyu pounded his chest immediately. "Thanks." Dongwoo muttered. 

"You really need to be on pills." Sunggyu frown at him as he shook his head.

-FLASHBACK-

"I still think it's better to split up. It has more advantages." Hoya strongly held onto his argument. "Look, there's no need for a split." Sunggyu sighed.

"There is! Hyung, there is!" Hoya burst out. Everyone was taken aback by his sudden outburst. His yell this time had certainly became louder than the ones before.

"Just stop it!" Yoojin shouted at the both, covering her ears. "I've a solution." she continued.

"Tell." Hoya ordered, seething in anger as he glared at the older male.

Woohyun gave Hoya a hard push, which landed him on the ground. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? GLARING AT YOUR HYUNG? DO YOU WANT A BEATING?" 

L looked at his elder friends exchange punches as he stared. "This ..." he cursed under his breath as he walked away.

"Myung!" Yoojin called. L did not stop at the call but he tucked his hands into his jeans pocket and continued walking away.

Helpless, Yoojin sighed and tried to seperate the two fighting friends away.

It was a hard task for Yoojin, for that she is a girl and she's the least strong member out of the four. "Gyu, some help here!" she yelled, snapping the leader back to his senses.

It took the both of them great strength to finally seperate the two males. "USE THOSE EYES AND STARE AT US AGAIN AND I'LL MAKE SURE I DIG OUT YOUR EYES PERSONALLY." Woohyun warned harshly. 

"STOP IT!" Yoojin screamed on top of her voice for the first time. The three snapped their attention to her as she sighed.

"I've told you guys I've got a solution, didn't I?" Yoojin said, gritting her teeth.

"Say it then!" Hoya stomped his feet and harshly combed his hair with his fingers.

"I will, so you should stop being so damn rude to us!" Yoojin raised her voice at male.

"Continue, Yoojin. Just ignore," Sunggyu sighed. 

"I suggest that we try Hoya's suggestion for once. We'll just try it for a day. One day and that's all. Tomorrow night, we'll meet here. Same place." Yoojin explained.

"Good idea, I'm getting outta here." Hoya scoffed, walking away.

"Gyu oppa, just trust us for this once. This once, if anything happens, we'll call for help, certainly. And, I've told Myung this already so, you have nothing to worry about." Yoojin assured.

"What else can I do now when two out of five has left." Sunggyu said, feeling defeated.

"Thanks, oppa. See you tomorrow, stay alert." Yoojin waved goodbye as she went into the opposite direction of theirs.

Just as Yoojin walked, she couldn't help but to have  bad feeling that something bad is going to happen. "Gyu!" she called.

Sunggyu and Woohyun stopped in tracks, looking over their shoulders, "Wae?"

Yoojin ran over to hug the both of them and whispered, "Please stay safe, the both of you. May the odds ever be in your favor."

"Sure, we will. We're going on duo so there's lesser chance that we'll get killed. You too take care." Sunggyu ruffled her hair, really leaving this time.

When Yoojin witnessed the both of them walking away from the meeting point, it seems like one of them were gonna walk into a death trap.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, a wrong feeling, a bad feeling is bugging her. And she couldn't figure out what was it. She didn't get why she was crying either.

She wiped away her tears, sniffled, took a deep breath and walked to her direction.

-*Not YooJin*- Take a guess :)

"Where's this?" you looked around as you entered a corner of the rundown amusement park.

What was in view was rundown shops and old and dusty facilities of the amusement park. 

You looked down at your worn out shoe, 'It's time to change those shoes.'

The soles of your shoe had came out due to the long hours of running and walking, the sides has been stained by the mud while crossing the mud swamp awhile ago, trying to get to another side of the amusement park secretly.

You walked into the shop, looked around for the right pair of shoes. There were heels, wedges, flats, slippers, scandals but just not sneakers. 

You cursed uncomfortably, you could really need some change in the shoe or else you might get more blisters on your foot.

While you were browsing through the suitable shoes, you heard sounds of broken shards of glasses getting stepped on. You looked over you shoulders as you reach over to get a stiletto before cautiously making your way out of the store.

You winced as you felt one of the blisters bursting, stabbing pain absorb your strength to stand still, but you gritted your teeth and moved on.

Your head scanned the area, making sure the attacker wasn't near. You payed close attention to every single thing, heightening your senses. A slight disturbance was caused not far right from you, you sprang into action and ran towards that directions, with the stiletto as a weapon.

As you get nearer, you could spot a familiar back view of your attacker. You frowned, unable to match it with any of the survivors trapped in the place.

Your eyes widened, finally to know match the view with someone you knew, so familiar with. "I-Isn't he a-already d-dead."

"Well, hi my friend?" he came out from his hiding area. Your jaws dropped, putting the stiletto on ready position. "What do you want." you hissed, backing away from him.

"Do you want to survive?" he put up a smirk, tucking his hands into his jeans pocket as he signals the lack of danger to you.

"O-of c-course." you replied, swallowing a lump down your throat. "Here's a condition. Come join me, and you'll live a very good life." 

"Do I get to escape this place?" you asked, constantly backing away. "No, unless all of the rest have been killed." the male shook his head. "I'll reject. Go away, or else I'll shout for help." you threatened. 

"Do you think I'm that stupid? You snuck in here without anyone knowing! It's our headquarters, do you know that?" he chuckled. "Our? Who's our?!" you snapped.

"I'll let you know, under two conditions." he pointed out. "Spit." you ordered. "Either you die, or you join us." he listed. 

"I'll go." you said, getting ready to sprint. "Oh no you don't." he smirked, fetching a pistol out of his coat. "I'll make it look like you're killed by someone else." he assured.

', , .' you thought, eyes darting to different places, trying to work up an escape plan.

"Say bye-bye." he waved in triumph as he aimed the pistol at you. You shut your eyes and gritted your teeth. 'It's a dream. It's a dream.' you convinced.

"OPPA! WHERE ARE YOU?!" a familiar voice broke the silence between you and him, forcing you to open your eyes. 

"OVER HERE! HURRY UP!" you yelled back. "Not possible, how did she came to know this place?" he stepped back, eyes as big as saucers.

"You won't live long." he warned, running off. "Oh god, I thought I lost you in this place." Yoojin ran towards you. 'Thank god, you saved my life.' I sighed.

"You called this defense? Tch, so much for defending." you scoffed.

"Whatever, why are you even following me?" you hissed. "Keep you and me safe. I'm helpless without you guys." she said. "Maybe, in the end you got murdered instead of me." I snickered. 

She threw me a pointed glance and dryly laughed, "Let's see about that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heylo guys! Sorry for a rushed update! There are clues for you to spot. Have a good time reading this! 

BTW, this story is going on a hiatus because I lost my inspiration for this.

I may want to reconstruct the whole story but don't worry I will keep the leads the same and ideas same.

It's just the events that I want to change. I realised I've made everyone single character die way too fast, even before I develop further.