Aftermath

DEATH OR LOVE?! {ON HIATUS UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE}

-MURDERER POV-

"Time for you to go out and get some breather!" I joked, pressing the button to open the gate. As expected, there were no reply for my 'buddy'.

"Come back in 15minutes." I reminded, before letting them into the Arena. "Or else... You'll suffer." I smirked, ending up laughing by myself.

 

-SUNGJONG POV-

The noises made by the opening and closing of gates had awoken me. I stretched out my hands and groaned but stopped swiftly after realising I was still in the Arena. I slowly sat up, making sure I wouldn't produce any sound to alert the enemy.

I sneakily crept out from my hiding place, attempting to get back up to the audience area. My body went rigid as I accidentally stepped onto a plastic. "Curse it." I gritted my teeth, hoping no one had heard me.

"There he is!" a voice exclaimed. I went full speed up the stairs of the audience area, towards the exit, attempting to escape. My body suddenly went still as I felt myself being injected by a needle.

Stinging pain grew, until my legs gave way and I rolled back down to where I was from, colliding with the barriers that separated the Arena and the Audience area.

My vision blurred as seconds passed by, my hope of escaping this hell alive had burst. Strength had been away from me. I went breathless and there was distant footsteps heard.

Soon enough, a face came into view. Although my vision is very much blurred, I can make out the face. "B-byunhyun h-hyung?" I panted as my hopes of staying alive went up.

"Sungjong? I thought you were dead!" L.Joe gasped, in shock. I gave him a faint smile, "Glad that you survived."

-L.JOE POV-

"Glad that you survived." Sungjong delivered a faint smile. I was about to hand him the antidote when I realised that I was under the eyes of the ruthless man. 

I bit the inner part of my cheeks, plastering my face with a stiff expression. "Any last words?" I asked.

"W-what?" Sungjong breathed in disbelief. "You are going to die, don't you know that?" I flatly replied him.

"B-but-" Sungjong opened his mouth. "No buts. Any last words?" I snapped. "Jinie would be glad if she knew you were-" Sungjong spoke. 

I realised what he was about to say and I shot him, in the stomach.  He groaned. "Stop the rubbish. Now, any last words before I finish you?" I barked. I never wanted to see or talk to her ever again. I'm too ashamed to face her.

"I k-killed Jo." the helpless guy confessed. I blinked in disbelief, "Changjo?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes. All he gave was a nod.

"H-he t-tried t-to k-kill m-me." he continued. I blinked, lifting my head to look away. "5 minutes left." the helper reminded. I snapped out of thoughts and took out my gun.

"Changjo will be glad to have a new partner at the other world." I said, pulling the trigger. A shot was heard in the Arena. I shut my eyes, tears traveling down my cheeks.

We had a moment of silence before a familiar scream had broke my thoughts.

"IS IT YOU, L.JOE?" YooJin screamed. I widened my eyes, head snapping to look at the direction of the door.

I wanted to open the door and hug her badly. I sighed, curling my fist. "Let's go back, there's not enough time left." hoping back down to the Arena.

-AUTHOR POV-

"YooJin! Please calm down!" L exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders to keep her from clawing the gates to the Arena they were once confined in.

"YooJin! L.Joe is already dead!" ChunJi repeated. All he received from YooJin was a slap across the face. "How dare you curse your friend!" YooJin yelled at him on top of her lungs.

The rest looked at her in surprise, YooJin wouldn't act this way. "YooJin-ah." L tried to reason.

"No, Myungsoo. Byunghun isn't dead!" she insisted. Being the strong headed YooJin L knew, there will be no end if they continued to insist L.Joe is dead or alive.

"Yes, L.Joe is alive. We'll find him sooner or later." L agreed. 

Eunji snickered, folding her arms. "Little girl can't get more realistic." Eunji muttered, making Sunggyu glare at her. "What? I'm stating the obvious here." Eunji defended.

"YooJin, let's get rest before we start finding for L.Joe. You need some rest." L said. "What about L.Joe? L.Joe needs us." YooJin managed to loosen L's grip on her wrist. 

L could feel his anger rising. "YOOJIN! STOP TIRING YOURSELF OUT, YOU NEED SOME REST!" L roared. YooJin's desperate request had broke L's heart into pieces.   YooJin shrunk, unable to speak any further. She knew she had reached L's limit of patience.

"Let's go back to the base camp then." YooJin lowered her head in defeat, walking pass everyone. "Y-yoojin." L called, feeling sorry for raising his voice at her.

Yoojin just walked on further, ignoring his calls. L sighed, hastening his pace to catch up with YooJin. "Let her calm down." Woohyun advised. "Arasseo, hyung." L assured, half heartedly.

-

"Sleep in now and get enough rest for tomorrow!" Sunggyu clapped his hands, walking back to his sleeping back.

The noise surrounding the base camp had been lessen by a lot just by a day. Everyone certainly didn't have mood to engage a friendly conversation.

"YooJin." L nudged. She didn't budge. "YooJin." L called, determined to get her to speak up. "YooJin." L sighed. 

"What do you want?" YooJin hissed, turning to face him. "We need to talk." L calmly said, being able to fully understand her situation.

"Spit all your words out before I get bored." YooJin snapped. "This isn't a good place to talk, let's go out and talk." L convinced. YooJin sighed, she didn't want to treat her best friend in this way too, but the anger dealing with L.Joe's death had got the better of her.

YooJin got out of her sleeping back and walked towards the exit with L following tightly behind her.

"YooJin." L grabbed her wrist, stopping her from walking further. "What is it that you want?" YooJin sighed heavily, apparently tired of the mess.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you just now. I-it's just that it hurts me to see you so sad and desperate to get L.Joe back. It just hurts so much. I don't want you to be suffering because of him. I regretted shouting at you, I wanted to slap myself for what I did just now. I really didn't-" L apologised. YooJin softened, feeling bad about snapping at L earlier. He was being cut off by YooJin's sudden hug.

"It's alright, Myungsoo. Sorry for being so irrational just now." she apologised, hugging L tighter.

The stress and anger stored in L had dissolved. "It's alright. We all lost a best friend." L consoled, returning her the hug.

A sob was heard from YooJin. L wanted to pull away and wipe away her tears for her but YooJin hugged L tightly, telling him that she don't want L to see her sorry state.

"Don't cry anymore, my princess." L planted a kiss on her crown. L made sure Yoojin's breathing had stabled before pulling her away from the hug.

Suddenly, a shout was heard from the tent. Both of them snapped their heads at the direction of the tent and ran back.

"What's going on?" L demanded, entering the tent. A few of them were holding back Eunji, while Sungyeol had a small cut on his left arm. 

"What the hell hyung?" L asked. "Eun, what happened?" YooJin demanded. Naeun sighed, giving the agressive Eunji a look before explaining the details. "Eunji tried to murder Sungyeol." she explained.

"What?" YooJin raised her voice in disbelief. "Don't know what's got into her." Sunggyu added. 

"WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LET ME KILL THAT BASTARD!" Eunji yelled, overwhelming with desire to kill Sungyeol. "Eunji, this is not the time to kill the rest of us!" YooJin went up and reasoned.

"WEREN'T YOU MOURNING FOR HIS DEATH JUST NOW?" Eunji glared at her, hissing. Tears brimmed in YooJin's eyes. "Don't think that you're the only one who got upset about L.Joe's departure. I was upset too. Don't you get it? Everyone has to die in this game." Yoojin reasoned.

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN L.JOE HAD TO DIE! HE COULD DIE INSTEAD OF L.JOE!" Eunji cried, pointing at the injured Sungyeol. YooJin got mad at Eunji's statement.

"Looks like you still don't get it! There had to be one death per match! It was for survival! Didn't you hear the mastermind explain the damn rules?! THE STRONGER ONES SURVIVE!" Yoojin burst out in anger, glaring at Eunji as if boring holes on her face.

Eunji's face stiffened, she wiped away her tears and glared back at YooJin. "Who gives you the right to yell at me?" Eunji shouted back, landing a slap across YooJin's face.

Everyone gasped, L hurriedly finished attenting to Sungyeol and went over to defend Yoojin. "Who gives you the right to slap her anyway?!" L yelled in anger, grabbing Eunji's wrist with force.

"You guys should stop and go to sleep. Everyone is tired." Woohyun cut in. "I'm out of here." Eunji snapped, packing her bags. "Unnie..." Naeun called. "Eunji, please stay. It's dangerous out there." Bomi held her.

"Bomi, I know it's dangerous outside. I'd rather be in danger than to stay at the same place with L.Joe's murderer." Eunji spat out. Her words had harmed Sungyeol, making him lower down his head.

"Sungyeol..." YooJin called, worried about him. "I'm a murderer." Sungyeol's sob broke out. "Sungyeol, don't cry. It was for survival, I believed that you had a hard time deciding on it." YooJin consoled.

"Thanks for making me feel better, but the fact that I had killed L.Joe didn't change at all." Sungyeol flashed a bitter smile. 

"Let's really go to sleep this time round!" Sunggyu scolded. "Have you locked the gates?" YooJin asked Woohyun. "Yes, if I didn't, it would post a danger to Sungyeol if Eunji returns." Woohyun nodded. "You must have been tired. Go get some sleep." Woohyun said. "You should too." YooJin reminded.

-MURDERER POV-

"Welcome back buddy!" I called, laughing. "Is he dead?" he asked. "Not even a greeting for me?" I laughed. "Tell me the truth before I ruin this game." he barked.

"Of course he's not. He's working as one of my underdog now." I smirked in amusement. "Can't I quit this game?" he asked.

"Of course not. What do you think? Do you think I will let her survive if you quit?" I threatened. "I DARE YOU TO KILL HER AND I'LL RUIN YOUR LIFE AND YOUR GAME." he growled, grabbing my collar. I shoved him back, "How dare you fool me?" I hissed.

-EUNJI POV-

"I guess I could sleep here for the night." I looked around the surrounding. I threw all the dried woods I have gathered on the ground and took out the materials to start a fire. "It's so damn cold out here." I cursed, trying hard to start the fire.

After a while, I finally got the fire started and planted traps around my area. "I should sleep soon." I yawned.

-MURDERER POV-

"What am I? A genius of course." he scoffed. Anger in me dissolved, I let out a laugh. "What is there to laugh about?" he narrowed his eyes.

"There will be harder games coming in your way." I told him, still laughing. I could feel his urge to punch me, but he dare not to. 

"May the odds, ever be in your favor." I added, sitting back in my seat, monitorring the screen.

"I'm leaving." he said. "Going back to be a spy? Good luck to you." I added, before he slammed the door shut.

The other door opened, revealing a just showered L.Joe. "Who was that?" he asked, drying his wet hair with the towel. "Mastermind number 2." I ended the conversation. No one except for me is supposed to know of my buddy's identity.

-EUNJI POV-

When I was about to fall asleep, I was heard distant sounds of dried grass being stepped on. I rose up in defence, "Who is there?!" I shouted.

"It's me." L appeared. "Why are you even here." I scowled. "Eunji, just come back to the camp." he convinced. I snickered, "I will go back, when Lee Sungyeol is dead." I carefully stepped out of my protected area.

"Eunji, just let it go, L.Joe is dead." he said. "I will get revenge for his death." Eunji said. "You wouldn't." L answered in disbelief. 

"Try me then." I stared at him. "Let's just get into safety." he said, grabbing my wrist. "LET GO OF ME! UNLESS LEE SUNGYEOL IS DEAD, DON'T BOTHER CONVINCING ME TO GO BACK!" I hurled a punch at him.

He winced at the cut I made on the corner of his lower lips. "I told you what would make me go back. If he survives, you can forget about it. Don't force me to go back, I could kill." I threatened, feeling bad about injuring L.

"We welcome you back anytime." L reminded, before leaving. "I should go back to sleep." I running back to my protected area.

-MYUNGSOO POV-

"Damn, Eunji's punches are like Lee Sungjong's punches." I winced, touching the cut again. 

"It's going to be hard to convince her to come back." I muttered, sighing. 'We can't afford to lose one more person, I have to think of a way to counterattack the mastermind fast.' I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for 'abandoning' this fic for like so long! I promise I will update more often! I certainly will!

Alright, comments please~ See you soon!