Chapter 10

The Faces Of My Idol

[Chaeree's POV]

Hmph, well that was stupid!

After trying to act out the script I was given, one of the stupid judges told me that if I wanted to learn acting I should go to an acting school instead of auditioning to learn acting. I guess that's a hint that they wanted to reject me. The most embarrassing thing is that SHINee was watching!

Oh gosh, although I didn't falter in front of the judges and ended up telling them off, I was really embarrassed just now.

"... Chaeree?"

I turn around and saw Hyunjae looking worried. Well, I’m pretty sure I’m smiling right now.

"Ayo, waddup Hyunjae!"

The said girl rolls her eyes and she gives me a look. "Come on, what's wrong?"

I feel my smile fading and tears start to form in my eyes. I give her a big hug, not really wanting her to see me cry. Plus, I really needed a hug from someone now. Hyunjae is perfect since after all, she's my best friend.

What I like the most about Hyunjae is that she's quiet and she listens real well, that's why I choose to be friends with her, because she's simply too amazing. We also balance each other very well. When I’m too loud, she’ll quiet me down; while if she’s too quiet, I’ll lighten her up. If she isn’t a girl, I’d definitely date her. Meh, dating is too complicated for me though.

After hugging her for quite a long while, a thought suddenly pops up in my head.

"What the heck, lady?! Where were you these last few days?"

I can feel that she's getting a bit uncomfortable and I immediately understand. "Nevermind, I already know the answer. So, how’s your part time job going?" Well, that seems to make Hyunjae even more uncomfortable. Hmm, it makes me even more curious... Hehehehe...

"Found any interesting guys while working?"

She gives me a glare and I simply give her the sweetest smile I could afford to make. She chuckles and sighs, "Mind telling me why you just cried like a little baby just now?" I shrug, not really wanting to talk about it.

"I auditioned for one of the minor character roles in the drama they’re starring in."

Hyunjae widens her eyes as she’s probably really shocked to hear the news. "Oh gosh, Chaeree. How many times must I warn you, getting-"

"Getting too obsessed with that group won’t do you well. Yeah, yeah, I hear that sentence coming out from your mouth every time I mention about SHINee."

Hyunjae shrugs, "Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you." Trying to change the topic, I quickly put my awesome distracting skills to use. "Oh gosh, we really need to update each other with our lives, Jae. You know how I don’t like it when I don’t know anything." Luckily, she smiles and agreed to sit down and talk.

After spending the remaining lunch time talking to Hyunjae, we quickly go back to our own classes.

Trying my best not to fall asleep, I softly hit my face over and over again. The teacher is explaining something about chemical substances and stuffs. It’s actually quite fun to hear the teacher explaining while mixing those chemical substances together. I like science, always did and always will.

I’m a hardcore science lover.

Not too long after that, I see tons of people crowding outside the science lab. Since we’re all having class now, I assume that it’s just the staffs and cameramen that came to shoot once of the scenes from the dramas. I scoff, remembering how bitter the audition experience was. I’m not going to go do something stupid like that anymore. I bet they’re just going to randomly pick out people without talents.

Just then, we hear an announcement from the speakers.

"Shin Chaeree, please come to the headmistress’ office immediately."

Wait, what did I do this time? I was pretty sure I didn’t do anything stupid like throwing food at random passers-by for fun this month. Heck, I was too occupied on Key, Key and Key. Gosh, Hyunjae was probably right, maybe I should actually stop getting obsessed with the guy and just treat him like the best bro anyone could have in the whole wide world.

I had to literally force my to get moving and head towards to the headmistress’ office. Well, there goes my favourite class. Seriously, they should invent like those types of pills where when you eat them, you can multiply.

If I were to have a super power, I would probably go for multiplication, invisibility, and flying. Believe me; all those powers are as awesome as marshmallows dipped in hot chocolate, just thinking about how awesome it is simply makes me feel hungry.

If I can multiply into thousands of myself I would probably go and make everyone guess who’s the real me and claims that who guesses wrong will have to pay me. Heh, even if they guessed right, I wouldn’t tell them that. Invisibility is just too awesome for words, you can go stalking others without getting noticed or just slap someone you hate over and over again, making them think that they’ve gone crazy and they have to enter a mental hospital. Flying? Oh gosh, do I even have to explain? Imagine flying in air, wouldn’t it be like super cool?!

Wait, the headmistress’ office is that way. Gosh, I really have to stop being so random.

 


"FUDGE! FUDGE, FUDGE, FUDGE!!! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!"

The previous judges were actually the ones that wanted to meet me starts shrugging. One of them finally speaks up, "We said, you’re chosen to be the one of the main characters." I widen my eyes as I couldn’t believe what these three just said.

"Repeat it again."

One of them scoffs and rolls his eyes, but I simply ignored him and stare at them with expectant eyes. The only woman judge sighs, "You’re chosen to be one of the main characters."

"Say it again."

"You got the role of one of the main characters."

"Again."

"You’re one of the main characters!"

I wanted to ask them to repeat again but quickly shut my mouth up after hearing one of them said, "One more time and we’ll pick out another ‘normal’ girl to act as your part." Well, that was rude. I seriously doubt they would’ve wanted to choose me, judging from how unsatisfied they all look. I bet it has something to do with Onew and the others. I don’t really like where this is going since I like to play it fair instead of cheating like this.

"Can I ask why did you guys actually pick me last minute?"

The judges give each other looks and sigh, "You actually fit the main role better since you’re always… cheerful. You don’t act, but you’re like automatically and naturally cheerful, that’s what we need in that character. You’re a bit bad in the sad and depressing parts, but you can learn, right?"

I find myself nodding enthusiastically at the question.

"Well then, you have to quickly go to the current shooting scene, without you, there’ll be no scene." The judges quickly shoo me away so that I can get to the shooting scene as fast as I could but I’m just too absorbed in how happy I’m feeling right now.

 

 


[Onew’s POV]

As I see Chaeree skipping happily towards us, I can’t help but grin widely at how happy she is. She’s as cheerful as always and that’s what I like the most about her. Plus, she’s really honest and sincere about everything she does.

As much as I would like to encourage her in actually making the Almighty key have a thing for her, I can’t. I really doubt it would be easy for her to break Key’s shell.

"Yo, yo, yo! Wassup peeps?!"

Jonghyun groans, "Not much, just scorching under the Sun." Chaeree pats the guy as a sign of understanding what he means.

Then, I see her staring at Key, who was currently actually letting his cheerful mask slip because of how hot the weather is. Out of all the personalities, this is one of the unpleasant ones.

Well, who am I to judge the guy? I’m the leader and I’m supposed to be caring and thoughtful which is just sometimes too hard, you know? They can’t expect us leaders to be perfect. I’m a bit stressed out sometimes but I try my best and that’s probably why SHINee can make it into this stage.

We worked real hard to gain our fame. No pain, no gain, right?

"Key-oppa! Guess what? I’m going to act as your best friend and Onew’s love interest!"

Yeah, if you don’t go through pain, you won’t gain anything at all. I just hope Chaeree keeps that in mind, especially if she’s dealing with someone like Key.

 

----

Oh gosh, I hated it when I typed 'oppa'. I don't really like that word, it makes the girl sound aegyo-ish. Just a random fact but Chaeree actually hates aegyo a whole damn lot. Maybe I'm gonna add that in the future chapters. 

ANYYYWAYYYSSSS.... I've introduced a new character, Hyunnjae! OTL, If you're reading this Mellow, I forgotten about the fact that her name was boyish and dumbly continued typing it. Then, when I finished typing I was like 'Oh gosh, HER NAME.'  ;A; Oh well, maybe I'll just purposely make her name sound boyish/uni.

Onew's thoughts are just deep. xD I'm feeling a bit mature today. I guessed I just kind of switched my writing style form simple to descriptive. I'm weird sometimes.

 

ALSO, THANKS FOR THE TWO VOTES FROM MY TWO AMAZING SUBBIES. ;A; I'M LIKE CRYING TEARS OF JOY BCUZ OF YOU GUYS AND IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

I LURVE ALL YOU SUBSCRIBERS SOOOO MUCCCCHHHH. ;D 

 

GIF SPAMSSS.... XD [I'VE WARNED YOU GUYS]