Extra: A Knight in Shining Armor

It's Painful to Forget

"What's next?"

"We have a photoshoot at 3."  Dongwoon checks the schedule.

"What time is it now?" Doojoon grabs the schedule from Dongwoon.

"It's... 2:00." Junhyung checks his phone.

All of the talking ceases when Hyunseung enters the car and slams the door behind him.

"So what happened, Hyunseung?" Yoseob leaned over.

"Nothing." Hyunseung buckles in his seatbelt and waits for the car to start.  No one moves.  "What?"

"Just because we were in here doesn't mean we didn't see you talking to _____."  Gikwang explains.  "What happened?"

"Does it look like I want to talk about it?" Hyunseung snaps.  "No, I don't."

A silence emanated the car.  Hyunseung looked out the window, expressionless.

"We're late.  Let's go."  Doojoon starts the car, and backs out of the driveway.

~~

"Thank you."  Yoseob got up from his seat when the lady touched up his makeup.  The plastic chair scraped against the tile floor.  He walked to the counter and picked up a hand mirror, peering into it.  He adjusted his hair distractedly, and wiped off some excess eyeliner.

"You ready?" Doojoon rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Yoseob softly set the mirror down, still gazing at his reflection.  He turned his head and let out a bright smile.  "Yep! Are we starting now?"

"Not for another 15 minutes." Doojoon looked around at every individual member, counting with his fingers as he went.  He paused at 5, at Dongwoon.  "Where's Hyunseung?"

"He finished before me."  Yoseob recalled.  "I'll look for him.  Maybe he went to the restroom."  Yoseob left the room.

Yoseob ran out into the hall.  "Hyunseung! Where are you--"

He turned the corner and stopped abruptly.

Hyunseung was leaning against the wall, staring at his phone.  His newly dyed blonde hair was tousled in a bed head, with only dark eyeliner for makeup.  With black skinny jeans, boots, and a blazer, he looked like he was from an anime.

Yoseob sighed.  "Thank god, Hyunseung, I thought something had... happened." Yoseob stopped as Hyunseung looked up.  Not at Yoseob, but at the wall in front of him.  His hand tightened on his phone, until his hand shook.  He bared his teeth, a pained expression on his face.

"Aish!!" He threw his phone on the floor, the phone crashing against the ground.

"Hyunseung!" Yoseob ran to him.  "What are you doing! You were addicted to that phone!  I'd never think you'd just break it.  On purpose-"  Hyunseung looked to the floor, his hair hiding his face.  His lips were trembling.

Yoseob crouched to the floor, checking for damage.  Surprisingly, the cover protected the phone, with only a few small scratches.  The picture Hyunseung was looking at still lit up on the screen.

Yoseob squinted his eyes.  "What is this..?"

Hyunseung let out a gasp, but didn't move.

It was a picture of a fourteen-year old Hyunseung at the beach, with a young girl next to him.  Hyunseung was wearing a black tshirt and brown shorts, but he was soaked to the bone because the little girl kept splashing him with water.  She was wearing a cute one-piece swimsuit, was wearing her hair in a ponytail, and was waist-deep in the ocean.  Yoseob had never seen Hyunseung with a bigger smile.

And the girl looked awfully familiar.

"Is this.." Yoseob didn't have to finish to already know the answer.

Hyunseung whipped his head up to the ceiling.  His eyes were glistening with tears.

"I wanted to protect her," Hyunseung's voice shook.  "I want to protect her.  When I saw her at the concert, I couldn't belive it.  I thought I could be with her again, after nine years.  Nine years.  I thought.  I thought, she would remember me.

"But, when I found out she didn't remember me, the least I could do right now, was protect her.  Protect her from the dangers I couldn't protect her from these past nine years.  But I can't.  I can't even do that.  I can't protect her!"  Hyunseung screamed and collasped to the floor, falling on his knees.  He grabbed the floor like it was a lifeline.

"I remember.  I remember every moment that I've spent with her.  I promised her something.  That I would protect her, no matter where I was.  And now, it's not just that I can't protect her.  It's me.  Because I am a singer, this will cause her pain.  She could be in pain, because of me! Of me!!"  Hyunseung choked.  "I can't even protect her from myself."

Yoseob stared at Hyunseung, scared.  Hyunseung was never like this.  He's never seen  Hyunseung cry that hard, or be in so much pain.  Yoseob was scared.  He was scared for Hyunseung.

Yoseob crawled to Hyunseung and hugged Hyunseung.  "It's not that you're not protecting her," he whispered.  "You don't have to do a herioc feat to protect her.  Sometimes, just being there for her is enough.  Surely, when you came back into her life, she felt like she found another puzzle piece to her life, and it fit perfectly.  Surely, she felt more complete when you found her.  You can still protect her, if you didn't before.  You can still shield her from the cold and add the warmth to her heart.  To me, Jang Hyunseung, I see you as, a knight.  A knight in shining armor, waiting to save the princess."

Hyunseung had stopped crying, and wiped away the tears, smearing his eyeliner.  "Since when should I trust you?"  He smiled weakly.

"Oh, so you don't trust me?  After all these years?"  Despite that, Yoseob opened Hyunseung's clenched hands, and placed the phone inside it, the picture still showing.  "It still works.  Why don't you text her? You don't believe me, right?"

Hyunseung smiled and gets up.  "Doojoon will kill me now, I ruined the makeup." He paused.  "You inspired me, Yoseob.  I want to live again.  Gomawo."

Yoseob smiles.  "Doojoon really will kill you." Yoseob ran back to the photoshoot room.

Hyunseung walked back as well, texting as he went.  He paused, and then pressed the send button

          I want to make up for what happened today.  What do you want me to do? Anything you want.

Hyunseung checked to make sure his eyes weren't red anymore before entering.  Doojoon immediately pounced on him. Not literally.

"What's this I head about ruining your makeup!? They'll have to redo it! And it's almost time!  Aish, babo!" Doojoon flicked Hyunseung's head.

"Mianhae, hyung." Hyunseung's phone rang.

Hyunseung took a breath as he pressed "Read Mail"

          Ah.. that 's hard :( As long as you're my friend, Hyunseung, I'm fine.  I'm happy when I'm with you

He got another text following it.

          Can I tell you something?

His heart beat quickly, and his mind raced.

          You can tell me anything, _____.

A long text followed along soon after, that broke Hyunseung's heart.

          At the university, there are a whole bunch of people that bully me.  I don't know why, I don't see the reason, but it hurts anyway.  I've been betrayed by people I thought were my friends.  I've been made fun of because I reject other guys.  Julia tells me that it's just jealousy, but I'm not that sure.  Now that that news is coming out, I think it'll be worse than you expect, since they already hate me.  I just wanted to tell you that.  I'm sorry.  I feel better now that I told you :D

Yoseob was right.  Hyunseung should belive him more often.  He smiled.

          No.  Thank you for telling me.  You don't know how grateful I am.

Hyunseung shut off his phone.  As he sat down in a chair, and closed his eyes so that they could do his eyeliner, he thought to himself.

I won't give up.  Not yet.  I will protect _____.  I am the knight waiting to save the princess.

 

Don't forget another extra is coming! I just had to do this one first >-<

The next extra is titled: Yoseob's Heart ♥♥♥

Just to let you know :D