Forgotten

It's Painful to Forget

   "_____?  _____?  Something wrong?  You look pale!"

   You realize that Julia has been poking you on your forehead for the past two minutes.

   "You shake your head to clear it up.  "I-I thought.. that... Hyunseung..."

   Julia looks confused.  "Hyunseung?  He already left.  The concert ended too."  She puts her hand to your forehead.  "Are you sure you're okay?  Do you have a fever?"

   You pull away.  "No, stop.  I'm fine."  You stand up straighter.  "Let's go home."

   Julia nods reluctantly before turning to the exit.

   You two walk out into the parking lot.  The cold night air envelops you.

   "Ahhh!"  Julia exclaims.  "It was so humid next to the stage.  The fresh air smells so nice--"

   You're about to answer when someone grabs your arm and pulls you to the side.  You start to scream when you hear the person calls your name.  

   "_____!  Shh, it's me!"

   "Yunchi?"  You turn around to see a man in his 20s wearing a thin jacket and sunglasses, despite the fact that it was nighttime.

   "No.  It's Hyunseung."  he smiles.

   You glare at him and yank your arm away.  "Get away from me.  I don't know you."

   The guy who is supposedly "Hyunseung" frowns.

   "_____--"

   "Get away from me!"  you growl, before you run off to find Julia, who's looking for you frantically around the parking lot.

   "_____!"  Julia screams before she tackles you in a bear hug.  "One minute I was talking to you and the next you were gone!  What happened?!"

   "Some beggar stopped me and asked for money."  You lied quickly.

   Julia takes a few breaths before she calms down.  "You gotta love those beggars,"  she says shakily.

   You laugh it off and walk back to the car.  As Julia backs out of the  parking spot, you remember how you were able to see the stranger's eyes before you ran off.

   It really was Hyunseung.

~~

   You woke up to the sun shining directly in your face.  You squint as you recall what happened the day before.

   Hyunseung recognized you.  How does he know your name?  Is this why he looked so familiar?  How are you two related?

   You get frustrated just thinking about it, so you go downstairs for breakfast.  Today is Saturday, so you just walk down in your pajamas.

   Julia's pouring milk into her bowl of cereal when you walk into the kitchen.

   "Someone called you,"  she says without looking up.  "A few times, actually."

   "You know who called?" you asked.

   "No.  It was some random number."

   You find your phone in the living room where it was charging.  You had five missed calls.

   Your phone suddenly rings, startling you.  You look at your phone to see it's from the same number that's been calling you.  After a few seconds of wavering, you answer it.

   "Hello?"  You ask nervously.  Julia's watching you from the kitchen.

   "Is this _____?"  the person asks.

   "Um...  yeah."

   The person sighs, probably with relief. "Oh, thank goodness!  I thought your phone number would be changed by now!"

   "Who is this?"  you ask, an edge in your tone.

   Silence.  Silence.

   "It's --- Hyunseung.  Wait -- don't  hang up.  Please.  I need to ---"

   "Look.  I don't know who you are.  Stop prank calling me.  It's not funny."

   You hang up.  Without looking, you can tell Julia wants information.

   "It was a prank call."

   "Oh, really?"  she sounded unconvinced.  "Imagine that.  I didn't think someone would call so many times just to prank call you."

   You sigh.  "Whatever.  What do you want to do today, besides listening to k-pop?"

   Julia stares at you suspiciously, before she gives in.

   "The library, maybe.  I really have nothing to do today."

   You stop to think.  "How about we go to that ramen place near there too?"

   "Not missing it,"  she says before she goes to get the mail.  A few minutes later, Julia comes back, a pile of mail in her hands.

   "Dude, there's this one mail that looks all professional.  It's for you."

   Julia throws it to you.  You tear it open, and you go pale.

 

      To: Miss _____ ___ (it says your full name)

  Congradulations!  As a part of our fanservice, BEAST invites you to spend an entire day with them!  You also have a chance to get their autographs and get to know them better!  You may bring 1-2 friends, and please contact this number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) to let us know when you can get together with them!  Thank you for supporting BEAST

-Cube Entertainment

  "What's the letter say?"

   Julia grabs the letter before you can resist and reads it.  A big smile forms on her face.

  "Ohhh my god you're so lucky you got this!!!"  she squeals.  "How the heck did you get this anyway?!  I've been dreaming for something like this to happen my whole life and it's actually happening!  Ahhhh!  _____, we have to go!"

  "First a k-pop concert, and now this?"  You pull your hair.  "I'm gonna go crazy.  I just know it."

    "_____, please!"  Julia begs.  "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity here!  It's for free!  I've been waiting for this my whole life!  Please, I--"  she breaks into tears.

   You crouch down to the floor where she's crying and look at her.  You don't understand why she loves k-pop so much, but you do know that she will probably kill herself if she doesn't go.  You sigh.

  "For you, Julia.  You understand?  We'll go.  But Choi Yunchi, you owe me.  Big time."

  Julia's eyes water with tears.  "Thank you.  Thank you so much..."  She starts crying again and you hug her.

  She sniffs.  "Can we go today?" she whispers.

   You shake your head.  "Julia, we just got the letter today.  On such short notice...."

  "It's okay.  We can try."  she smiles, her nose still red.  She grabs her phone and dials the number on the card.

  "Hello, this is _____ ___'s friend."  Julia says.  "We recieved the invitation with Beast.  We're wondering if today would be okay, since we are busy on other days."  she explains.  "Ne. Ne. Okay, Komsahabnida."

  Julia hangs up.  She looks at you and smile.  "They're free."

  You gave a thumbs up, and Julia gives a little scream.

  "What time?" you ask.

  "11:30.  So that we could eat lunch with them."  she says.  "We have to meet them at that ramen shop near the library, and we'll go from there."

 Julia smiles.  "I can't believe this is actually happening, _____."  Her eyes water.

 You put your hands on your hips.  "No.  No more crying.  I don't want to see it."

  Julia salutes.  "Yes, ma'am."

  You put your hand on her should.  "We have two hours to get ready."  you say softly.  "So you go get ready and take up those two hours!"

   Julia salutes again.  "Yes, sir!"  she yells, and races upstairs to her room.

   You laugh to yourself.  You'll probably take about 10 minutes to get ready.

   You get up and you're about to throw away the invitation when you see something on the back of the invitation.  It's a hand-written note.

   You turn the invitation over.  It looked like it was written hastily, like the writer was in a hurry.  You could already guess who it was from, but you felt sick when you read it anyway:

      _____--

  Please don't ignore me.  I really need to talk to you.  I went through the pain of convincing the director to send you this invitation.  I'm not tricking you.  I promise.

-Hyunseung

   You throw the invitation away.  But you can't stop thinking about that note.  It's just like any other note that guys give me, you try to convince yourself. 

  Right?

~~

   At 11:10 Julia runs down the stair, wearing shorts, small boots that ended a little above the ankle, and a white, loose tanktop that was so long it was almost hanging over her shorts.  Julia hates eyeliner and mascara, so she stuck with the blush and lip gloss.  She wore her long black hair in two wavy pigtails that cascaded around her shoulders and arms.

   Julia stops and stares at you.   drops open?

   "Are you really gonna wear that?"  she asks you.

   You look at yourself.  "What's wrong with it?"

   "Skinny jeans and a T-shirt!"  she exclaims sarcastically.  "Amazing!"

   "Well I'm not into k-pop guys!"  You defend yourself.  "Like you!  So I'm not freaking out about my clothes!  Like you!"

   Julia puts her hands in the air.  "Okay!  I surrender.  Savor the moment.  Let's go."

   You and Julia leave the house and start driving towards the ramen place.  Julia keeps jumping out of her seat, squealing every now and then. 

   "Will you stop jumping?"  You snap at her, although you're smiling.

   "Mianhae.  I'm just so nervous."  she apologizes.  "I finally get to meet Yoseob..."

   You roll your eyes.  Honestly, you're nervous too.  But it's because of something completely different.

   You park in front of a small ramen shop.  Despite how small it is, it's brand new and has delicious ramen.

  You walk inside and see the waitress standing by, waiting for your order.  She smiles at you.

  "How many?" she asks politely.

   "A table for 8."  You put 8 fingers up as well.

   Her eyes widen.  "Are you with the table over there, then?"  she gestures towards a table in the corner.

   6 guys are already sitting there.  They don't stand out very much, except for the fact that there are so many people.  One of the boys sees you, and waves.

   You glance at Julia, who is open-mouthed, eyes wide.

   "Come on, now."  You drag Julia, who is so shocked that she can't move, over to the table.

   The guy that waved at you smiles.  "Hi!  You're _____, right?"

   You reluctantly nod.

   You hear them whispering to each other.

   "Oh, so she's _____?"

   "So this is what she looks like."

    They look up and smile.  The guy who waved at you introduces himself.  "Nice to meet you.  I'm Gikwang."

   Everyone else introduces themselves.  When Yoseob says hi, Julia has such a dramatic reaction that you wonder if she's entirely human.

   She smiles.  Really big.  She puts her hand to her cheeks and screams.  She starts to waddle in a circle before she crouches to the ground.  You crouch down to her.  You poke her on the shoulder.  "You wanna sit next to Yoseob?"

   Her head whips up.  Yoseob smiles, and pats the seat next to him.

   She smiles even wider --- if that's possible.  She shuffled over to Yoseob and plops down onto the seat.

   The only other spot open is between Yoseob and Hyunseung.  Your heart skips a beat, but you go sit down anyway.

   You completely ignore Hyunseung, who seems to be going very red in the face, and look towards Yoseob and Julia.

   "People always make fun of me because I'm short,"  Julia pouts.

   "Oh!  You're short too?  High five!"  Yoseob exclaims, and they high-five.  "I feel you, Yunchi, I feel ya!"

   Julia doesn't seem to mind that he calls her Yunchi, because she's beaming at him.

   "So,"  Gikwang starts, and you realize he's talking to you, so you turn towards him.  "this is the all-time amazing _____, isn't it?"

   "Gikwang,"  Hyunseung warns, and glares at him, obviously annoyed, and.... embarrassed.

   "Yeah, is this really her?"  Dongwoon joins in.

   "I'm pretty sure she is," Hyunseung says loudly, looking at you.  "Same name, same number, same looks.  It's impossible to mistake it."

   Julia and Yoseob stopped talking to listen to the conversation.  Julia leans over the table so that you can see her.

  "_____?  What are they talking about?"

   "I don't know, Julia."  You says.  "No idea."

   She frowns.

   "What do you mean, you don't know?"  Dujun asks.  "You two should know each other like the back of your palm!"

   You shift nervously in your seat.  "Look, I don't know.  I don't know what you're talking about.  I'm serious.  I'm sorry."

   A silence hovers over the group.  Yoseob breaks the silence by drinking some of his soda.  He looked up at you when he was done.

   "Really?  You really don't remember?"  Yoseob asks softly.

  You nod.

   "Mianhae, _____.  Mianhae, Hyunseung.  Mianhae." he whispers, so softly that they can barely hear it.

   Julia seems to be cowering in her seat next to Yoseob.

  "_____, I'm scared.  I don't know what they're talking about.  I'm supposed to know everything."

   You smile at her weakly when Dujun starts speaking.

   "It was nine years ago, it's easy to forget."  he states, almost directly to Hyunseung.

   Hyunseung nods.  He's shaking.

   Junhyung speaks, for the first time since he introduced himself.  "Should I tell here, hyung?"

   Hyunseung looks at you.

   You take a breath.  "I have no idea what this is all about, but you all seem to know.  Tell me."

   Junhyung looks at you.  Directly at your eyes.  "_____.  I don't know why you forgot, maybe long term memory loss or something, because that time you forgot obviously meant a lot to him."  He twitches his head towards Hyunseung, who's looking at his feet.  Junhyung continues.

   "_____, you and Hyunseung were best friends nine years ago."

   Your hand twitches, and you suddenly have a flashback.  It all comes rushing back to you now.

 

   "But there is one thing I'm completely sure about."

   "What's that?"

  He lowered his head so that his eyes were level with yours.

  "I won't forget you."

  

Ahh, this took forever to type.  Sorry the story's going kind of slow, 

but hopefully it'll go a little faster after this chapter.