Unexpected Meeting

It's Painful to Forget

   ~The way you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed~

   You shut off the alarm clock on your phone before you get addicted to the song.  You roll over on the bed so that you were lying on your back.

   What a strange dream.  Every month or so, you'd get that dream.  The same dream.  You've had it so much that you've remembered every detail.  The empty playground.  The clouds blocking out the sun, resulting with a dull gray sky.  You even remembered the clothes you were wearing, even though they were nothing special.  The one thing you couldn't ever remember was the boy's face.  You always forget what he looked like the moment you woke up.

  You bury your face into your pillow.  Does this dream have any meaning whatsoever?  Who the hell is this guy?

   "_____!!!"  Julia runs into your room and throws the covers off the bed.  Her real name is Choi Yunchi, but she likes the English version of her name better.

   "_____!!"  Julia starts jumping on the bed.  "Get up!  Up!  I actually managed to cook breakfast.  So come downstairs and eat it before I go Julia Rage on you!

   You groan and sit up to see Julia racing out of the room and down the stairs.

   "Yunchi made breakfast?"  You mumble to yourself.  "I'll probably die from food poisoning."

   "I heard that, you know!"  Julia's voice travels up the stairs.  "The toast actually tastes good!  You hear me?!"

   "Yeah, yeah."  You call back before you stumble to the bathroom.  You change into your usual outfit before you go downstairs.  You see Julia piling toast onto a plate.  Julia sees you and holds up the plate.

   "Toast!  See?  It's not burnt."

   "I can see that.  It's a miracle, really."

   Julia slaps your shoulder before she sets the toast on the dining table.  Her eyes skim over the clock.

   "8:45.  We need to leave soon."  She looks up and sees you just standing there.  "Why are you standing there?  Eat!"

   You both sit down and eat your toast quickly.  It doesn't taste bad, really.  When you're done eating you run out of the house and unlock the car.  It's your turn to drive today.  You and Julia throw your bags in the back before you start the car and drive away.  While you're driving, Julia starts to fangirl about here favorite k-pop bands.  You're not really into k-pop, so you space out when she starts to fangirl.  You may be best friends, but she'll have to go fangirl by herself.

   When you get to Seoul University, you park the car and you and Julia go your separate ways.

   "See you at lunch!"  Julia calls out.

   "Bye, Yunchi!"  You wave mockingly at her.

   "Don't call me that!"

   You laugh to yourself as you start walking towrds your first class.

   During class, you would see people passing small notes to each other.  You roll your eyes.  You don't understand why people come to these classes if all they do is pass notes.

   Surprisingly, someone passes a note to you.  

   Right when you attempt to pass it on, the person who gave it you whispers quickly.  "It's for you."

  Confused, you stare at the note and see your name written on it.  You open the note, and it says:  Hey.  You're pretty cute.  You wanna go out together sometime...?

   You glance around the room and you see a guy sitting a few rows in front of you.  He's staring at you and giving you a flirtatious smile.

   You crumble up the paper and toss it in the trash.

~~

   When it's time for lunch, you hear other people whispering around you.

   Dude, _____'s so pretty.  But I've heard that she's rejected anyone who gets close to her.  Who does she think she is, being all self-centered and conceited.   What a brat.

  You walk over to the food court and you see Julia sitting on the far side of the court.  She waves you over.  You get your lunch and sit beside her.  Julia puts her face in her hands.

  "So how's class?  Again?"

   You roll your eyes. "People keep passing me notes and talking behind my back."

   "It's because you're so pretty, _____!  A lot of guys like you.  I'm serious."

   "Sorry, not interested."  You begin eating your lunch. 

   Julia shrugs.  "I tried."  She suddenly starts up a totally different conversation.  "Okay.  So you know how my birthday was last week, right?"

   "Of course.  Happy late birthday.."

   She waves it aside.  "Yeah.  And I didn't get a chance to celebrate it.  So I'm finally gonna celebrate it tonight!"

   You stop eating.  "That's great!  Is there anything I can help you with?"

   Julia smiles.  "Actually, there is something you can do for me."

   You start to get suspicious.  "Go on."

   Julia takes out her bag and pulls out two pieces of paper.  She gives them to you.

   "I bought tickets to the kpop concert that's tonight.  I don't want to go alone.  So... um... if you could please... ah...  go with me...."

   You slam you hand on the table. "No.

   Julia started pouting.  "Why not?!  I don't have anyone else to go with!"

   "I'm not even into k-pop!  I don't want to go to a concert where I don't even know any of the groups!"

   "Please, _____!  I already bought the tickets!  Just this one time!  For me!  Please..."

   You pause for a long time before you answer. "Well, I don't think I have anything to do tonight... I guess I could go..."

   Julia's face lit up.  "Ohhhhh my god!!!  Thank you thank you thank you so much!"

   Julia hugs you before she runs off, screaming happily.  You shake your head and smile.  "Fangirls these days."

~~

   "Okay!  Today you will learn about the k-pop groups that will be at this concert."  You and Julia went home a little earlier that day because Julia insisted that she'd have you learn about the k-pop groups.  She taped a paper moustache on her upper lip.  On the coffee table lay several k-pop posters and her iPad.  You were sitting on the sofa, head in you hands.

   "The first group will be Big Bang!"  She yelled out, her moustache bobbing up and down.  She pulled out one of the posters and laid it out on the table.  She started pointing out the members.  "This is G-Dragon, Taeyang, Seungri, TOP, and Daesung." She listed out.  'Repeat those names."

   "G-Dragon, Seungri, Daesung, TOP and Taeyoon."  You murmured.

   "NO!  This guy here--" She jabs at a guy with a mohawk. "is TAEYANG! TAEYANG!!"  Her moustache falls off.

   "Okay, okay!  Taeyang!"

   "Good.  Imma test you on this later."  she annouced.

   "Wow.  Testing?"  You exclaim.  "You must be really into this..."

   Julia hits you with a different poster.  "Of course I'm into this!" She puts her moustache back on, and unrolls the next poster.  "This is Beast."

   You lean over the table.  6 hot korean guys.  One of them catches your eye.  You point to him.  "Who's that?"

   Julia's eyes light up.  "So you are interested in this!"  She looks satisfied.  "that's Hyunseung.  And this is Dongwoon, Junhyung, Gikwang, Dujun, and Yoseob!  I really love Yoseob,"  Julia admits.  "He's soo adorable!

   You're not paying attention to her.  You're staring at Hyunseung.  He looks so familiar, you think to yourself.  Have I seen him before?

   Julia notices you staring and looks over your shoulder.  She smiles.  "You like him, don't you?"

   You blush.  "No!  No, I don't!  It's just..."  You end up staring at him again. "...nevermind. It's almost time to go, isn't it?"

   Julia checks the clock and screams.  "Wahhh it is!!  I need to get ready!"

   She runs up the stairs, with you walking up the stairs after her.

~~

   "Now remember.  Big Bang, Beast, 2ne1, Ailee, Shinee, T-ara, and Nu'est."  Julia reminds you as you're walking down the parking lot to the stage.

   "Yes, yes, I know, Julia."  you tell her.

   You show the security your tickets before walking up the your seats in the front.

   "I've been planning this for a long time."  Julia explains.  "I even had time to buy front row seats."

   "And here I am wondering why you never told me any of this,"  You accuse her.

   "It was a secret!"  she winks.

   You and Julia keep talking until the concert starts.  The first group to come out is Big Bang.  Julia keeps screaming for TOP over and over again.  Oh, god.  She's crying.

   "Why are you so emotional about this?"  You ask her after big Bang exits the stage.

   "Well, I love TOP too,"  she says.  "and when you see your idol come onstage... you just kinda...explode."

   "I can see that."

   "Just wait until Beast comes up."  She reminds you.  "It'll be even worse.

   The next group to come out is 2ne1.  Then Ailee.  You absolutely love Ailee.  Julia tells you that people call her "Korea's beyonce."  T-ara and Nu'est come up.  Julia screamed when she saw Ren.  You just think Ren looks like a girl.  Shinee comes up, and finally, Beast.  You can't wait to see Julia's reaction.

   Hyunseung's face pops up in your head.  You instinctively put your hand to your head.

   Julia looks over at you.  "Something wrong?'

   You shake your head.  "No.  It's nothing."

   She shrugs before turning her head back to the stage.  Beast comes out, and Julia screams, cries, and falls to the floor, writhing, when she sees Yoseob.  They perform the songs Fiction, Beautiful, Beautiful Night, Shock, and Midnight.

   The whole time you had your eyes locked on Hyunseung.  He does look familiar.  Where have you seen him before?

   Hyunseung's about to exit the stage with the other members when he locks eyes with you.

   His mouth drops open slightly.  He stops walking.  He's mouthing something you don't understand but he speaks gradually louder until you can hear what he's saying.

   He's saying your name.

 

Hi, I felt like just making the foreword was too short, so I made the first chapter the next day ^^

I hope you like it so far! I'll try to make the next chapter longer!! ><