Awkward Realization

It's Painful to Forget

Hyunseung's eyes widen and he turns his head to the wall as the video begins.  

There are high heels clomping on the marble floor.  The camera zooms out and you see that it's Hyuna, who looks really diferent with a short tight dress and makeup.  She doesn't look cute anymore.  She looks.. y.

A man in a tuxedo turns a corner and into the hallway.. You realize it's Hyunseung.  With makeup.  You're actually surprised it doesn't make him look gay.  He looks like a player, or like a y assassin.  You silently approve of this look.

Then the scene changes.  Their clothes were different, and they were on a platform, dancing with each other.  No. Dancing on each other.  Holding each other in awkward places, and there was a part where Hyunseung slid his head down Hyuna's arm and almost kissed her.

Your expression hardened.  It's such a physical video.

After about a minutes, you couldn't watch it anymore.  You stopped the video.

"It's a nice video."  you lie and smile slightly, and hand Hyuna back her phone.

"Eh?  But you didn't finish it yet."  Hyuna looks at the screen with disbelief.  "The last part's the best part!"

"I know most of it, though.  Thank you."

Hyuna stares into your eyes for a second, as if trying to read your mind, before she shrugged and put her phone in her pocket.  "Okay then."

"Oh!  I forgot!"  Jihyun yells out.  She drags two unknown girls from the group and introduced them as Jiyoon and So hyun, who introduced themselves quickly.

"We have to get drinks too!  If you're not busy, you can meet us in the usual!"  Jihyun waves quickly and rushes away, the rest of 4minute running to catch up to her.

Hyuna stops at the end of the hall, and waves.  "Bye-bye!" She whipped her hair back and disappeared around a corner.

"Does she mean the usual place you hang out?"  You ask to the air in front of you.

Dujun answers for the air who cannot speak.  "Yeah.  Whenever we do hang out, it's at the ... the um... poker room.."

"Game room." Hyunseung corrects him.  "We don't play Poker, hyung."

"Yeah, that's right."  Dujun pokes his cheek, and then walked over to you and poked your nose.  "You have time, don't you?"

You stare at the finger on your nose before slapping it away. "Uh. Yeah, we do, I guess."  You rub your nose and glare at dujun.

"Yes we do it's Friday we have all the time in the world."  Julia blurts out and shoves you with her shoulder.

"Okay then!  Let's go!"  Yoseob links arms with the people closest to him--- Gikwang and Hyunseung--- and skips away down the hall.  Gikwang and Hyunseung stumbled for a bit, but continued to skip/walk/run alongside Yoseob.

As you walked down the hallway, Julia joins you.

"So how was it?"

"How was what?"

Julia shrugs.  "Everything, I guess.  How was the video?  How was the tour?  Are you at least getting interested in k-pop?  What do you think of Beast now?  What do you--"

You slapped your hand on and quickly removed it, knowing she would your hand.  "Too many questions!"  You put your hands to your head as if you had a headache.

"But I only had one more question!"  she blurts out the question before you could object.  "What do you think of Hyunseung?"

"... well what do you think?  He's my friend.  Nothing bad about that, is there?"

"No-- but-- shh... shhh..."  she puts a finger to your mouth, and you have this sudden urge to give her a taste of her own medicine, and bite her finger.

"What about k-pop?  And Beast?"  Julia continues, removing her finger.

"I am learning to get used to it.  K-pop, I mean.  I am going to give it a chance."  you nodded slowly, waiting for her to grasp the idea.  "And Beast?  Beast, is my friend."  You wave your hands in a rainbow formation.

Julia claps her hands as you turn down the hall.  "Yay!  Beast is my friend, too!"

Julia's eyes widen at the sight that behold her when she turned down the hall.  A few yards away, Hyunseung and Gikwang crowded around Yoseob, who was kicking a door.

"Yah!"  Yoseob yelled.  "This door won't open!"

"Is the room locked?" Gikwang pulls on the doorknob.

"It must be!"

"Yoseob..."  Hyunseung shakes his head and grabs the knob.  "It's called, 'Pushing the door'."

Yoseob stares at the door in amazement as it swung open for Hyunseung.  "Ohhh that's how you open it!!"

You can't help but be reminded of Julia, and you looked your side--- where Julia was a second ago.  Now she's on the floor.  Laughing.

"Jewia, you do that too,"  you remind her.

Julia slaps your leg as hard as she could, but it wasn't much.  "No-- NO I DON'T!!!"  and another spasm of laughs come over her and you can't get a single word out of her.

Yoseob looks down at Julia angrily, his face red, before stalking into the room.  You follow behind him, leaving Julia in the hall.  She'll recover.  Someday.

The supposed "game room" looked more like a small apartment.  In a corner of the room was a pool table, and aligned the wall closest to the door was a huge flatscreen TV with a semicircle sofa and a glass coffee table.  There was a round 4-person table in another corner, possible for playing cards.  Very fancy.

"Ah~ I haven't been here in a while!"  Yoseob smiles as he turns in a circle to view the room.

Hyunseung shrugs and sees you looking at the beautiful hanging lights from above.  He joins you and looks at the lights. 

"It's pretty, huh?"  you smile.  "I never thought I'd see a room fancy as this compared to the other rooms."

"I'm used to coming here, so I never thought of it that way."  Hyunseung paused.  "It was pretty expensive, so there's only one on every floor."

"Amazing," you whisper.

The rest of the Beast members piled into the room and the room suddenly got louder.

"Beanbags!"  Dongwoon yells and points at the beanbags in one corner of the room.

As Yoseob, Gikwang, Dongwoon, and Junhyung fought for the 3 beanbags, Dujun started to the sofa.

"I shall sit in the center,"  he plops down on the sofa.  "like a boss."

Julia crawled into the room, still recovering from laughing, and sees the fancy room. 

Julia smiles distantly.  "Pretty~.."  she ducks her head into her arms, exhausted.

Yoseob scoots his beanbag from across the room to Julia.  

"Jewia... don't you wanna play?" Yoseob frowns and leans over her.  You roll your eyes, and bend down to tickle Julia.

"BWAHAHAHA!!!" Julia jumps up, surprising Yoseob.  "STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT I AM AWAKE!!!!"

"JEWIA I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED TO PLAY!!!" Yoseob picks up his beanbag and holds it over his head before going after Julia.

"What... what's happening?"  Jihyun walks in, holding an iced tea, and saw Yoseob freeze in mid-run with his beanbag above his head, and Julia was still running in circle screaming she was awake and you stared at the 4minute leader in surprise.

"Um... don't answer."  Jihyun sets her tea on the coffee table as the other members walked in.

"Hi _____!"  Hyuna waves at you and turned to wave to Hyunseung, who you realized was still standing next to you.

"Annyeong."  Hyunseung waved casually.

"Can we talk somewhere?  _____, you too."  Hyuna gestured to you.  "I mean, I haven't seen Hyunseung in like a week and a half!"  

"Sure,"  Hyunseung agreed carelessly, and you both follow Hyuna to the card table.

Hyuna collaspes onto the chair and crisply opens her canned coffee.

"They should provide drinks in here, so I don't have to go all the way to the vending machine,"  Hyuna murmured to herself before turning to Hyunseung.

'I haven't seen you for so long!"  Hyuna smiled.  "You were busy last week, right?"

"Yeah, I was.. um.. busy."  Hyunseung quickly glances to you and you smile.

"We had a nice little reunion last week, so we have an outing."  You answer for Hyunseung.

"Really?  You guys are really lucky, you know."  Hyuna gulps coffee down and slams the can back on the table.  "As singers, we don't get that many breaks.  Take me next time."  Hyuna pleads to you.

Hyunseung smirks.  "If there is a next time.  We rarely get those chances."

"Yo Hyunseung!  How do you turn on the TV!?"  Dujun yells out near the TV.

"Ah, there's a button on the bottom."  Hyunseung calls out without even turning around, and you lift an eyebrow.

"What button!?"

"Oh my god,"  Hyunseung sighs and gets up.  "I'll be back,"  he murmurs before going to Dujun's aid.

You and Hyuna are left sitting at the table alone.

"So you're Hyunseung's childhood friend.."  Hyuna rests her head on her hands, and smiles.  "How long ago?"

"Er... nine years ago.."  you think back.

"Eh?  He was.. fourteen then.  Right before he auditioned!?"

"Yep.  I knew him at birth, and until he was 14.  Then he moved here to audition."

"Oh.  I'm sorry."  she props her head off her hands so she could grab her coffee.

"I feel pathetic now.  I've only known him for 3 years or so."

"He probably changed from when he was fourteen."  you shrugged.

Hyuna rests her head on her cheek.  "After Hyunseung and I released the Trouble Maker album, there have been rumors everywhere that Hyunseung and I have feelings for each other, or that we're dating.

This is it.  This is it. You purse your lips.  "Are they true?  The rumors?  Do you like Hyunseung?"

Hyuna picks the top off her can.  "Hyunseung?"  she traces her finger in a circle on the table.  

And laughs.

"Are you kidding!?  Me? Like him?  You're crazy!"  Hyuna chugged down the rest of her coffee.  "I'm only friends with him!  I can't believe the people who made those rumors!  I mean, Hyunseung's one of those people I would completely friend zone.  But he's still my best guyfriend, mind you."

Hyuna sees the look on your face and smirks.  "It's okay,"  she pinches your cheek.  "I won't steal Hyunseung from you!♥"

You can feel the heat rise to your face, and yank your cheek from Hyuna's grasp.  "Wha-- what does that mean?!  There's nothing to steal!"

"If you say so, sweetie."  Hyuna smiles.

Hyunseung walks back to the table and collaspes on his chair.  "I can't belive those idiots," He weaves a hand through his hair.  "Don't even know how to turn on a TV. Sheesh."

Hyunseung turns to you. "So what happened while I was gone?  You're face is all red."

"Oh, nothing." Hyuna answers before you can reply.  "Girl stuff, you know."

Hyunseung turns away.  "Then I have nothing to say."

You look at Hyuna, and she winks at you, and leans over the table to whisper something in your ear.

"I like someone else,"  Hyuna whispers.  "From Beast."

You turn your head to her.  "Eh?!"

" 'Eh!?' What!?  What is it?" Hyunseung looks from you to Hyuna.

"Girl stuff~"  Hyuna sticks her tongue out at him.

"That's not the excuse for everything!"  Hyunseung frowns.

"Hyunseung stop yelling!!!!" Julia runs over and jumps on Hyunseung back.  The element of surprise.  "Have some fun!! You should join Yoseob's and Julia's beanbag fight!"

"Oh-- I'll join!"  Hyuna raises her hand.

"Yay! _____, you join too!"  Julia jumps off Hyunseung and grabs your wrist.  You don't even have time to protest before she yanks you away to Yoseob and his incoming beanbag.

"Yoseob, you can't hit a girl!"  Hyunseung runs to Yoseob.

Yoseob hits Julia with the beanbag.  "Who said Julia was a girl?"  and proceeded to hit Hyunseung.  "And you're not a girl either, are you?"

As you tended to the fallen Jewia on the floor, you can't help but laugh as Hyunseung got pelted with the beanbag.  And you suddenly remembered your talk with Hyuna.

Maybe you shouldn't be so worried about Hyunseung.  Why should you?

 

At first I was going to make one, big, chapter 5,  but the chapter became too big..

Sorry for the long wait... it was hard to think of ideas... since i just make it up as i go along..

So later on, I was thinking of making an extra just for Yoseob and Julia, ne~ ♥

Isn't that like the best idea ever?! X3