4minute meeting

It's Painful to Forget

You began to search the room.  Everything was still in place-- Julia's school bag, and everyone's drinks.  But not a single person was there.  Except you.

You started to panic.  Maybe  they went on without you.  But you would never find them in all of these rooms and you don't know where the elevator is..

Should I start searching for them?  You bite your lip.  Maybe I should stay here.  They're bound to get their stuff eventually..

You walk out of the lobby anxiously.  You'll just look through a few doors.  If they're not there, you'll wait.

You slowly opened the door right across the lobby.  An empty recording room.  Everything looks clean.  So Julia wasn't there.

You shut the door, looked back at the lobby quickly before searching the next door.  The next room looks like a waiting room.  A small room with a couch and a few chairs.  One poster of some girl group that wasn't APink.

You close the door and turn back to the lobby.  You didn't dare search any other doors in fear of walking too far.

"_____!"

You turn around to see Hyunseung at the end of the hallway, running towards you with one of his hands waving in the air.

"I came back to get you!"  Hyunseung stops beside you and starts panting.

"I seriously started freaking out, man!"  You yell, mad and relieved at the same time.  "Where was everyone!?"

"Um, Juli-"

"So that's why."  You throw your hands in the air.  "Yep.  I see.  That explains everything."

Hyunseung looks up, his hands still on his knees.

"I didn't even explain everything."

"Well, it's Julia.  She's bound to run off."

Hyunseung stands up and stretches his back.

"Anyway she wanted to sing in one of the recording rooms, so we took her to the special guest recording room." he points to the very end of the hall. "Down the hall, a right, a left, and the farthest door." he shrugs. "I ran the whole way."

"That's why you're so tired.  You didn't have to, you know."  you smile at him.

Hyunseung smiles back apologetically.  "I was worried about you."

You could feel yourself blush.  You shouldn't let yourself get affected so easily.

You try your hardest to smile carelessly.  "I guess that's what friends do, huh?"

The smile on Hyunseung's face disappeared.  He looks expressionless now.  He turned down the hallway. "Yeah.  Let's go."

You run to catch up with him.  Did you say something?

"Um.. did I say something just now that.. you know..."

Hyunseung shakes his head and smiles softly.  "Er-- no.  Nothing."

"Um.. okay."

You turn right at the end of the hallway.

"You want to try the recorder after Julia?"  Hyunseung offers.  "It's amazing how much it changes your voice."

You shake your head.  "No, it's okay.  I'm not that good at singing.  Julia'll probably never get off anyway."

"Just try it out.  It'll make your voice sound different."

"I'm fine, you don't want to hear my voice."

Hyunseung paused as you turned left. "The recording room's over there."  He points out at the end of the hall.  "Let's go now.  Julia's waiting.."  Hyunseung breaks out in a run.  You easily catch up to him.  Hyunseung smiles.

"I know you can run ahead of me," he says between breaths.

You raced ahead of him and reached the door first.  "How'd you know that?"  You put a hand to your mouth in mocking surprise before moving it to your forehead.  "And why am I even asking that?"

Hyunseung stops beside you.  "I'm not going to bother answering that."  He opens the door.

All the Beast members are sitting on couches or chairs, and they turned their heads aways from Julia as they turned to you.  Julia was in a separate room connected by a huge window.  She was singing through a black microphone, although you couldn't hear her.  She had a big set of earphones to her ears and was waving her hands everhwere, apparently dancing.

"There you are,"  Dujun smiles.  "We were wondering where you were."

"Julia didn't realize you were gone until she started singing."  Yoseob got up from his chair and started bouncing everywhere, in the exact imitation of Julia.  "You should yell at her when she's done.  I tried to, but she wouldn't take me seriously."

You wave it aside. "It was because you weren't taking her seriously when you yelled at her.  And she doesn't take anyone seriously, not even me.  You get mad ar her, she'll start laughing for some weird reason."

"So it's not just me!"  You throws his hands in the air.

Just at that moment, Julia comes prancing into the room.  

"_____!  I was wondering where you were!"  Julia gave you a quick hug before running to a computer near the window.

"I wanna see what I sound l-i-i-i-i-i-ke."  She drones on as she plays with the buttons randomly before pausing.  "How does this work?"

"Oh- oh, I know.  I think I can add in the music too."  Dujun gets up from his chairs and wipes his jeans before warily walking over to the computer.

He grabs the mouse. "What song?"

"On Rainy Days!" Julia exclaims proudly.  "Oh, and if you could make the music slightly higher key, like when Ailee sang it."  she adds as an afterthought.

"A-i-lee?" Dujun blinks.  "she sang Rainy Days?"

"I was on her music video!"  Gikwang exclaims.  "You don't remember her?  Poo you.  I got this.  Give it here."

Gikwang pushes Dujun aside and fiddles with the computer for a few minutes.

"Done!"  Gikwang bangs the mouse on the table.  "You.  Are. Wel. Come.  Jewia~"

"Thank you!"  Julia sits back and presses the play button.  A song comes on, one you haven't heard of before.

"On...Rainy... Days?"  you guess at the name.

"That's right!"  Yoseob jumps in front of you and points a finger at himself.  "It's our song!  One of our most popular."

Yoseob winks before he's pushed away by Hyunseung.

"Even when the key is changed, it sounds nice." Hyunseung raises his voice over Yoseob's yells of "No fair!" and "I want attention too!".

"I don't think she sang Junhyung's part though."  he smiles mischievously as Julia yells from her seat.

"I can't rap, okay!?  I'm Jewia!"  Her super thin eyebrows furrow in a frown as she leans in towards the computer.  The frown quickly forms into a smile.  "Is this even my voice?  It's so pretty!"

You take a minute to listen to the song.  Julia's singing voice is usually cute and childish, but this voice is... different.  It sounds like a women with a deep singing.  Like... like...

"I sound like Jiyoon!"  Julia exclaims.  "When she's singing!  Like in... Heart to Heart!"  Julia looks at you, happiness all over her face.  "I know I don't normally sound like that, but it's... ahh~"

"Who's Jiyoon?" You look from Hyunseung to Julia.

"She's the leader in 4minute."  Hyunseung answers.  "We haven't visited 4minute yet, huh?"

"No, we haven't--- but wait--- this is AMA-A-A-A-ZING."  Julia waves her hands in the air dramatically.  "_____ you totally have to try it!  Try it try it try it!!"

Hyunseung pats your shouder.  "Come one; just try it, you may not get another chance~"

You shake your head.  "No no I'm fine, I--"

"But you have to!"  Julia interrupts you.  "Because you're really---"

You give her a look that makes her stop.  Instead, Julia turned towards Dujun.  "Can I change the effects?"

"Uh--yeah.  You can change your voice---" he flicks a switch on the computer.  "-- and add music effects.  If you want to."  Dujun pushed a button near the switch.  "There.  Try it."

He taps a pair of knobs.

A big smile forms on Julia's face as she restarts the song and starts fiddling with the knobs.  "Whoahh!  My voice sounds like Ailee!  And now it sounds like Eunji!  And now-- Hyuna!"

"Who's Hyuna?"  you ask again.

"Tsk tsk.  Too many questions.  She's another member of 4minute."  Hyunseung winks.  "You'll meet them soon.  If Julia finishes--"

"JU-U-U-L-I-I-I-AHHH~"  Yoseob hollers into Julia's ear.  "We have to go NAOOW!"

"WAIT!  Wait wait---"  Julia grabs both of the knobs and turns it all the way to the left.  "Now I sound like Junhyung!  Epic!!"

"Oi!  That's plagiarism!"  Junhyung taps Julia's shoulder.  "She's gonna steal my part in Beast!"

Dujun pushes Junhyung away from Julia.  "Enough!  It's time to see 4minute!  Now!!"

Julia reluctantly gets up from her chair and stands next to Yoseob.  Yoseob pats her back.

"Shh, it's okay.  You know why it's okay?  Because Yang Yoseob's here."

Julia smiles.  "Oh yeah, huh?"  she squeals.  "Epic fangirl moment."

You all leave the recording room and Dujun leads the way back to the elevators, where everyone picks up their stuff from the lobby before cramming into the elevator.

Dujun turns to Hyunseung.  "Where do you think they'd be?"

Hyunseung shrugs.  "Maybe level 3.  Game room.  They're almost always there."

Dujun presses the third floor button before turning to Yoseob and Julia.  You can just barely hear them, on the opposite side of the elevator.

"What will she think about when she finds out about---Hyuna--"

"Hyuna and Hyunseung?  Oh... you know."  Yoseob raises his eyebrows.

"Oh.  Ah--"  Julia puts her hands to and continues to stare at the wall, speechless.

You know they were talking about you.  You nervously glance at Hyunseung.  He's too busy staring at the ceiling, his hands behind his back, to notice you.  He probably didn't hear Dujun and Yoseob either.

You look away, biting your lip.  What did they mean?

A bell rings softly as the elevator door opens.  Everyone else runs out, but you walk so slowly you almost got crushed by the door.

Hyunseung was the only one that noticed and barely pulled you out of reach of the elevator doors.

"Be careful there."  he helps you balance, since his pull on you unbalanced you.  "The doors close a little quickly."

You slowly nod your head.

Hyunseung gave you a long look, concern on his face.  "Something wrong?  You look a little..."  Hyunseung's eyes shift away from you, as if he didn't know what to say.

You shake your head.  "No.  I- I'm just a little nervous."  You hunch your shoulders.

Hyunseung smiles, visibly relieved.  "It's fine.  You're among friends.  In a way---"  Hyunseung coughs to clear his throat.  "You're equal to us now."

You ran ahead of him and stuck your tongue out.  "Nope!  I'm just a fan with connections!"

Hyunseung put on his pouting face as he chased after you.  "What!?  No you're not!"

Air whipped against your face as he you zoomed past everyone, and you couldn't help but smile.

"Wait, _____!" Yoon Dujun yells out to you, you skid to a stop.  You stomp your foot impatiently, and turn toward Dujun.

"Why not, I --umph---!"  Your voice is muffled as Hyunseung crashes into you, unable to stop.  You scream as you topple to the ground, bumping slightly, you clomp you mouth shut as hair, that wasn't yours, nearly flew into your mouth.  You give an exasperated sigh as you began to wrestle your way out from under Hyunseung, but you're knocked down once again as Julia joined the pile, and a few seconds later, Yoseob.

Julia began to flail her arms everyhwere.  "Waiii!  I love dog piles!  Hee hee!"

Yoseob yells as one of Julia's flailing hands hit him in the face, and he began the mission of biting her arm.  Everyone else stares dumbfoundedly at the hopeless pile of kids in front of them.

"Well, what do we have here?"

You look up from the bottom of the pile and see a very pretty girl looking down at you--- no, the pile of people all looking up at her.  Her face has a look of contained amusement, and changes to a pure smile as she sees Yoseob on the top of the pile.

"Yoseob-oppa~♥!!!"  the unknown girl yanks Yoseob up and hugs him tightly.  Yoseob, caught off guard, has his arms stuck out in front of him, and Yoseob glances awkwardly at the girl.

"Agasshi..."  Yoseob flicks his eyes toward Julia, who froze in mid-flail, and stared at the girl out of the corner of her eye, her expression murderous.  She looked like she could be Dujun's sister.

"Oh, you have guests?"  the girl lets go of Yoseob and bends down to Julia's height as she lied on the floor. 

"We almost never have guests... Hi, I'm Heo Gayoon." Gayoon smiles.  "It is very nice to meet you."

Julia continues to kill Gayoon with her glare, but Gayoon chose to ignore it and turned to Yoseob.  "She's so cute!  Her shortness makes her look even more cute!  Heh heh!♥"

Julia chokes and collaspes, limp.  Yoseob's eyes widen as he realized Gayoon's horrid mistake.

"Gayoon-agasshi, she hates being called... short."  Yoseob hunches his shoulders.

"Oops!"  Gayoon puts her hands to .  "Silly me!"

"Um... hello?"  You wave your hands helplessly as you realized you and Hyunseung were forgotten.  "Help... please..."

"OH MY BUDDHA I AM SO SORRY!!!" Yoseob sees you and pulls you up, leaving Hyunseung rolling away.  Hyunseung's face was red, as if he was exhausted.

You nudge Hyunseung.  "Hyunseung... get up.  Erm... Gayoon's here."

Hyunseung blinks his eyes open and groan as you pull him up.

"Gayoon?"  Hyunseung rubs his eyes.  "That means.."

"Yep.  4minute. Is. Here."  Gayoon salutes to Hyunseung.  "What up."

"Yeah.  Where's..."  Hyunseng stops to yawn.  "Hyuna?"

That name again.  Hyuna.  What's up with this person?

"Who's Hyuna?"  You blurt out, unable to hold it in.

Hyunseung looks towards you and smiles awkwardly, his hair half covering his face.  "Hyuna, she's--ah, she's here."  Hyunseung looks down the hall at the sound of heels clacking against the tile floor.

Four other girls walk down the hallway, and one of the girls wave to Dujun.

"Beast!"

"Annyeong.  You have any time?"  Dujun smiles.

"Yep.  It's our break.  We're getting drinks."

"I have some people to introduce."  Dujun drags Julia off the ground and pushes you and Julia to the front.

"This is _____ and Choi Yunchi.  Please call Yunchi Julia, as she likes it better."

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Jihyun."  Jihyun bows.  "It's nice to meet... you."  Jihyun's smile fades as she notices Julia's face.   "Is something wrong?  Is she like angry or something?"

Yoseob slides in front of Dujun.  "Don't worry about her,"  he wiggles a finger at Jihyun.  "She just has issues."

This sets Julia off and start to rage.  "I DO NOT HAVE ISSUES!" she tackles Yoseob and they topple to the ground, and Jihyun watches in horror.

"I DON'T HAVE ISSUES!" Julia repeated.  "I'VE NEVER HAD ISSUES!  I AM A JEWIA!! THIS IS NORMAL FOR ME YOU UNDERSTAND!?!? BABO BABO BABO BABO BABO BABO BABO!!!!"

Julia gets up from the ground were a curled up Yoseob lies, and wipes her hands calmly on her pants.  She then realized that the leader of 4minute was standing in front of her.

Julia whipped her head towards Jiyoon and swiftly bowed.

"It's very very nice to meet you, Jihyun, I'm really really sorry you had to see that but that is my JewiaRageandIwillonlydothatifI'mextremelyoffendedormadbutI'musuallyniceandinnocentlikeanangel." Julia screams an apology and lifts her head up.  "I really hope we become friends."

"Er.. I'm Hyunseung's childhood friend.. nice to meet you."  You murmur awkwardly.

"It's fine, I'm glad to meet you."  Jihyun turns to you.  "Hyunseung's friend?  From when he was little?  That's cool."  Jihyun smiles, as if she just realized something.  "Hyuna'll want to meet you!"  

I want to meet her, too, you agree silently.

"Hyuna's actually here too, but sometimes she tends to hang around the back of the group."  Jihyun points out.

Another girl walks to the front of the group, and bows to you.  "Annyeong haseyo, I'm Hyuna.  It's really nice to meet someone so close to Hyunseung."

"Nice to meet you."  You smile.  she really is pretty,  with her round face and big eyes.. She's not wearing makeup,  but she's still pretty cute.  What would she look like with makeup...

"How do you know Hyunseung?"  You ask innocently.

Finally.  You'll finally know.

"Well, for one thing, we work in the same company, that's kind of obvious."  Hyuna laughs, weaving her hand through her hair.  "and then, we worked on an album together, and a music video.  Trouble Maker."

"That's nice."

"You wanna see it?  It sounds like you haven't heard it yet."  

"Yeah, I haven't seen it.  So sure."

Julia tugs on the back of your shirt.  She began to whisper in your ear.

"I don't think you'll want to see it."

You look at her, confused.  "Why not?"

"It's just..." Julia shakes her head.  "I'll just let you find out yourself."

"Hyuna, that's not necessary!"  Hyunseung waves his hands to get her attention.

"Why not?  It's a cool MV!"  Hyuna looks up from her phone as she was searching it up.

"It's... it's.. EMBARRASSING!' Hyunseung protests and reaches for the phone.

"She'll find out eventually!  You can't keep your pride forever!"  Hyuna fights back, pulling her phone out of Hyunseung's reach.  "And you want to watch it, right?"  Hyuna turns to you.

"Um..." you shift your eyes away.  "Yeah."

"Ugh!"  Hyunseung gives an exasperated sound.  "Fine!  Fine."

"Yay!"  Hyuna continues typing on her phone and a video popped up.  "Ah!  Here, take my phone."

Hyuna hands you her phone, and a "play" button lies in the middle of the screen.  You see Hyunseung waving his hands in an "X" at you.

You purse your lips as you lightly press the button.