I Remember

It's Painful to Forget

""It's been quite a while ever since you first met Hyunseung at that concert. Nothing much has happened, but Hyunseung has become more comfortable around you to the point that you're basically best friends again. You graduated from college a year ago and now currently work at a coffeeshop near the Cube Entertainment building. 

It's the week before Christmas, and the sun is beginning to sink down to the horizon even though it's almost 5pm. You were still at the coffeeshop, wiping some tables down when you recieved a call from Hyunseung.

You stopped the wiping to answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey _____, I was wondering if you're free after work? There's something I'd like to show you."

"Oh, yeah that's fine, I'll be getting out in a few minutes."

"Alright, I'll be there in 10 minutes."

He hung up and you continued to the wipe the tables.

Even though Hyunseung taking you on these little trips happens quite often, you couldn't help but feel a tiny flutter of nervousness as you thought of what might happen today. You always felt comfortable around him, yet there was still a small tension whenever you were near him.

You pushed all of these thoughts to the side as you put your apron away, and grabbed your bags to leave.

You walked outside into the chilly air, your breath puffing out in tiny clouds as you breathed out. 

You adjusted your scarf. "It's so cold,"

Right as you said that, you heard a car horn beep and turned to see a car parked at the curb, with Hyunseung in the driver's seat, waving to you.

"Get in! We're almost late."

You hopped into the passenger's seat and buckled in, slightly confused. "Wait what do you mean by late-"

"You'll see." Hyunseung removed his right hand from the wheel to ruffle your hair.

After about a half hour of driving, Hyunseung parked near a river. At this point you were far from the busy lights of Seoul, although you did see it in the distance. The river was small, about a width of 20 feet, and there was a small stone bridge just enough to fit two lanes of cars. Surrounding the river were fields of grass with tiny purple flowers springing up here and there. 

You walked out of the car and looked around "Hyunseung, where is this?"

"Come sit over here, _____." He ignored your question and motioned you over to the patch of grass beside the river. You shrugged and joined him on the ground.

Hyunseung pointed into the distance. "Look at the sun setting."

You glanced over and see that the sun really is setting, right over the river water. You noticed the little bright ripples of sunrays that are reflecting off the water, and the sky was become a mixture of pinks and oranges.

"It's beautiful," You managed to whisper."

Hyunseung smiled. "When we were little we used to come here sometimes and watch the sunset. I was hoping you'd remember, but I guess not.

"But that's okay." He laughed. "I just wanted to show you this. I've lost hope in you regaining your memories."

He had a tinge of sadness as he said the last sentence, and you looked down, not knowing what to say. 

"Oh. I'm sorry." 

You began to add in. "But we can start new memories here, can't we? Like how we started a new friendship."

You smile and elbow his arm.

He seemed slightly surprised by this and jumped a little. "Yeah I guess so." He looked away and smiled. 

"We can start over again."

At those words, you felt a sensation you haven't felt in a while. Even though it caught you off guard like always, you let it go and take over your mind.

Your memories were coming back again.

~~

"Hey _____, check this out!" 

14 year old Hyunseung ran over to you from the field of grass with something cupped in his hands.

You looked over to him and frowned, continuing to dip your toes into the icy water. Yet you didn't feel the pain, because the pain in your heart was more.

He slowed down as he reached you and saw the silent tears dripping down your face. Without saying a word, he sat down next to you and put what he was holding onto the ground.

"Don't be so sad, _____. This is probably one of our last moments together. Make it a happy memory, hm?"

You didn't answer and continued to dip your toes into the water, which Hyunseung noticed. 

"Yah, don't do that. The cold water is going to make you sick." He picked up your legs from the water and dried your toes with his shirt. 

You purposely turned your head away from him, pouting. "I don't care if I get sick."

Hyunseung looked up at you as he finished wiping and smiled sadly. "But I do, _____."

He ruffled your short hair and picked up what he put down. 

"This is for you, ____." 

It was a little flower crown, made up of the tiny purple flowers that were scattered on the grass. It was delicate and the size of your palm, and Hyunseung placed it on your head gently like it was grass. 

"I know," he began, before you could say anything in response. "that we will probably not be the same if we ever see each other again. We'll be different people, in different worlds. But if we do ever see each other again, I want to start over."

"Start over?" you look up at him and he smiled. 

"I want to be able to start anew with you. Because I know that nothing after this will be the same. I'm smart enough to know that I won't be able to experience the same thing I'm feeling now."

"You're being weird, Seungie."

"I am not." He reached out for your hand and held it. "So now before we start over, I want to tell you something, so that if we meet again we can truly start over."

"Seungie?? Why are you scaring me?"

He hugged you, as if his own life were on the line. "You know I love you, right?"

You were surprised but hugged him back. "Of course. I love you too."

"Not in that way, ______."

You felt his embrace tighten.

"I love you, _____. I'll love you even if you don't. Even if we never see each other again, you'll always have that special place in my heart."

~~

"...hey. What's wrong? _____?"

You woke up from your flashback to see Hyunseung looking at you with concern.

"Why are you crying?"

You blinked and wiped away the tear you didn't notice had fallen, then tackled Hyunseung in a hug that knocked him over.

"_____?! What-"

"Seungie," you whispered between your tears. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done and I regret forgetting."

Your fingers turned white as you clutched onto his back, your body wracked with sobs.

"I remember."

 

Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated for like A YEAR OMG T^T

And I'm sorry if the plot is a bit, sudden, I forgot what I had planned 

for this fanfic, so I made it a bit rushed.

I did this in one sitting, it's short but I hope you enjoy it at least a little c:

Thank you for reading, I love you all