Passing By

It's Painful to Forget

"We'll meet at Headquarters," whispers Julia.

You nod your head. "Roger that."

"Good luck on your mission." Julia whisked away into the crowd.

You smile and walk the opposite direction.  Both you and Julia thought of this as a mission.  Your mission: Ignore and endure the rumors and gossip without killing anyone.  Headquarters: The far table in the park.  Time of Meeting: Lunch.

You bring your hand up in a fist.  "You can do this, _____." You murmur to yourself.  "_____ hwaiting!"

You falter in your steps at the door.  Your first class.  You gulp, almost sweating.

You purse your lips.  As of now, Julia's going through the same thing.  Because she was your friend, and also mentioned in the news.  At least one person at this school was on your side.  And Beast is there for you too.  You think of Hyunseung's apologetic face.  You have to endure for Hyunseung.  You enter the door way.

Everyone stopped talking when you walked in the room.  You can feel the cold stares coming from every direction, especially the girls.  You wordlessly walked to your seat, without looking at anyone.  You went to sit down and realized there was no seat.  You stared at the empty spot weirdly.

"Omo, I wonder where _____'s chair is," a girl in the front row put a finger to her cheek in fake curiosity.  Kyungmi.  She was one of your past backstabbing friends, and now your primary bully.  The guys considered her pretty, and she was popular, but she has a serious makeup overload.  An alltime .  Another girl was next to her, and was smirking at you.

"I dunno, you want to tell me?  I have this feeling that you know."  You smile at her innocently.

"Hm, I think I saw it... oh! Right here!" Kyungmi grabbed a chair behind her and showed you.  It was covered in graffiti.

You held back your annoyance and anger.  "Well give it here."

Kyungmi pushed the chair in your direction.  "Why wouldn't I?  It looks absolutely disgusting!"

"I know right? Disgusting!" The girl followed Kyungmi.

You yanked your chair back and reluctantly sat on it.  You could easily read the graffiti:

     Hyunseung x _____.

    You !

    Why would he like someone like you??

"Excuse me, Ms._____."

You look up in surprise.  It was your professor.  "Ne?"

"What has happened to your seat?"

You look down.  "I'm--"

"_____ got permanent marker and graffitied her chair, professor!" Kyungmi yelled out, interrupting you.  "She should be punished!  I saw her graffiti it myself!"

The professor looked at you harshly.  "Ms._____!"

You widen your eyes.  "Professor, it's not that--"

"You've always done well in this class.  I am ashamed you would do something like this.  The school provides you these chairs."  The professor shook his head and walked to his desk.  "See me after class."

You began to sigh, but stopped as you saw Kyungmi and her follower laughing and pointing at you.

~~

"Professor, please believe me."  You plead after class.  Everyone has left, and the professor was grading tests.  "I didn't graffiti the chair.  Kyungmi did."

"Ms. Kyungmi told me she saw you graffiti it."  The professor didn't look up. 

"She's lying!  She's just trying to bully me.  Please, professor."  You tried one more time.

The professor paused at the word 'bully'.  "I didn't think you kids would get bullied at this age."  He sighed and looked up. "You're a good student, I like you.  I'll let you go this one time."

"Thank you, professor."  You bowed 90 degrees.  "Kohmapsumnida."

The professor went back to grading. "You are excused."

You ran out of the room, happier than when you first entered it.  But Kyungmi was waiting outside.

"So, what's your punishment?" Kyungmi asked innocently  "I would help, but, I just got my nails done!"  She flashed her nails, covered in jewels.

"I didn't get a punishment."

"Oh, you didn't?  You had to go down on your knees and kiss his shoes, didn't you?"

"No.  But what would you do if you were in my place?  Seduce him?  Take off your shirt?  I'd rather go down on my knees than do that."

Kyungmi was surprised.  "Shut up, you ."

You smiled.  "You're calling me a ?  Who's the here?"

"You just wait, _____."  Kyungmi pointed a jeweled finger at you.  "You just wait until the entire school abandons you.  Even your friends will leave.  Oh, did I say 'friends'? I meant 'friend'."  She walked away.  "You'll regret angering me, _____."  The girl following her stuck her tongue out at you before following behind.

~~

"Anything to report?"  Julia set her lunch down.

"Nearly got in detention."  You crunched on a carrot from your japchae.

"That's the professor's fault though, isn't it?"

"Kyungmi and her friend graffitied my chair.  Than blamed me for it."  You crammed a bunch of noodles in your mouth.

"Oh.  Kyungmi huh? Well we're doing good so far if we're enduring her!"

You looked at Julia's lunch of kimchi fried rice.  She hasn't touched it yet.  "You haven't touched your food yet."

Julia's smile faded slightly.  "I don't think I should eat it."  she muttered grimly.  "Kyungmi 'found' it when I couldn't find it and looked happy about it."

"Throw it out.  She probably poured her perfume on it."  You grabbed the contained and dumped the contents in a trash can.  "You can share mine.  It's Kyungmi-free, and tastes amazing."

"Are you two talking about me?  It must be about my new hairstyle." Kyungmi flipped her hair in your face.  "Where's your lunch, Yunchi?  I thought I gave it to you." 

"It's in the trash can, for your information."  You spoke up.  "We know you put something in it."

"What?  I didn't poison it."  Kyungmi's eyes caught the kimchi fried rice in the trash can.  "All I did was add a few earthworms on the bottom."

"I thought you just got your nails done.  Why would you touch worms?" You glared at her while Julia looked at the trash can in horror.

"I asked my boyfriend.  He'll do anything I want."

"Which boyfriend?  Number 1?  Number 2?  Boyfriend number 5?"

Before Kyungmi could react, Julia laughed.

"Nice try, you can't scare me with worms!  You wanna scare me, try spiders!"  

You elbowed Julia's rid cage.  "Don't tell her that!"

But it was too late.  Kyungmi smiled.  "Hmmm.  Thank you for the suggestion."  She paused.  "You wanna meet me at Jamba Juice after class for a drink?  Bring your little friend too."  And with that she left.

"Should we go?"  You murmur.

"Of course!  So I can beat her up!  She called me little!"  Julia knocked over her closed water bottle.  "She is  mocking my height!  I don't care if all six of her boyfriends go after me, I will go Jewia Rage on her and she will die!!" Julia stopped yelling suddenly.  "Your daily confession is coming."

"Today too?" You sigh as a guy walked over.

"Can-can I talk to you?"  the guy was fiddling with his fingers.

You smiled your most innocent, fake smile. You weren't in a good mood. "Of course.  Is something wrong?"

"Um..." he eyes shifted aways.  "Is it true..."

"Excuse me?  I can't hear you."

"Is it true that you're really close to that guy from Beast?"

"Um, yes.  What about it?"  You can tell something is going to go very wrong.

"It's just... I-really--- like you and I---- know I have..... no chance now." the guy stuttered. "Why would I have a chance if I'm competing with him."

You stare at him, shocked.  "Excuse me? I don't think that's---"

"Now I know why you've rejected everyone." he whispered, and looked down.  "You have that guy..."

The guy slowly walked away, sulking.

You held your hand out, as if reaching out to him.  "Wait, that's not...... um..."

"Well, that escalated quickly."  Julia smiles awkwardly.

"Why doesn't anyone let me finish what I'm saying??" You said, putting a hand to your forehead.  "I don't even know him..."

~~

"Choi Yunchi, we are going home." You tug on Julia's arm.

"But I want to teach that girl a lesson!  That poophead--"

"Julia, our goal was to endure and not breakdown or do something that leads to death!  Let's just go home so we don't have to deal with her..."

"Deal with who?"  Kyungmi came out of nowhere with her henchmen, and some guy that was probably one of her boyfriends.  "I had a feeling you wouldn't come, so I came here instead."

You gulped.  "Why do you always come at the worst times? And which boyfriend is this one?"

The guy turned to Kyungmi.  "Kyungmi-ah..."

"He's the third one, for your information," said Kyungmi, startling the guy.  "But it's okay, sweetie,"  Kyungmi reassured him.  "I love you the most."

That seemed to somehow calm him, and he continued to give you a dirty look.

"Now you," Kyungmi's voice broke.  "Let's get to business."

She slowly walked to you, until she was close as possible.  Julia stared at her expressionlessly, but her fists were shaking.  

"You have to make it so dramatic," You murmured.

"You dare," she whispers.  "You dare touch my oppa?"

"Kyungmi-ah, she never touch--"  the guy started.

"I'm not talking about you, you idiot!" she snarled, and turned back to you.  "Hyunseung-oppa is mine."

You began to laugh.  "When you say 'oppa'  I can't take you seriously."

"Are you mocking me?!" Kyungmi pushed you roughly, and you stumbled.  "Hyunseung is mine.  You know what---all of Beast is mine.  I will not let a like you take him away.  Why would they fall for you anyway when they have a fan like me?  You're as ugly as---"

Julia couldn't take it anymore. "You know what, I've been holding back for the whole day but because of you I can't take it anymore: Full Jewia Rage on. FIRST HOW DARE YOU SAY HYUNSEUNG IS YOURS HAVE YOU EVER EVEN MET HIM?  _____ AND HYUNSEUNG KNOW EACH OTHER LIKE--- ahh...."  Julia collasped to the ground as Kyungmi kicked her in the shin with her high heel.

"Oh please,"  Kyungmi nudged her with her shoe.  "You've dirtied my heel.  But I'll get you back later."

"Don't you start hurting Yunchi now."  You raised your voice, finally breaking your anger point. "It's me you want to beat up, don't bring her in---"

"Well she's your friend, and was part of the incident too--"

"Shut up!  Everything you've been saying is crap!  You think me and Hyunseung---"

"Yeah, from what I see you're trying to make a move on my hubby!  You deserve to die!"

Kyungmi slapped you across the face.  You could feel the jewels forming scratches all along your face.

"Ah!  A jewel fell off!  You're paying for that too.  I'll make sure you're in the hospital by tonight--"  She turned to her 'boyfriend', still holding her finger with the missing jewel.  "Sweetie!  Take care of her.  And you---"  She motioned to the other girl.  "Hold her down."

Before you could react, you felt arms pushing you against a nearby tree.  You were pushed so roughly you felt even more scratches forming on your back.  You had no idea what was happening, and didn't resist.

"I don't care if anyone's watching."  You heard Kyungmi's voice.  "Just damage that face of hers."

You vaguely saw a fist rising above your head, and coming down to meet your face----

"Stop! What the hell are you doing?!?!"

The fist whisked out of sight, only hitting your nose, as the guy was pushed aside so that he fell to the ground.  You immediately heard Kyungmi.  "Who are you, don't get in the way---"  Kyungmi stopped and gasped.  "Hyunseung-oppa..."

As his name you looked up.  The girl holding you to the tree let go of you, and you stumbled to the ground next to Julia.  You felt warm blood drip on your hands as your nose bled, but you still looked up at the guy who saved you.

Hyunseung was standing next to you, staring at Kyungmi.  He hair was a mess.  He was breathing heavily, and had an expression on his face you've never seen before.  It was scary.

"Hyunseung-oppa, I never thought you'd come.  Hyunseung..." Kyungmi smiled weakly and walked towards him.

"Get away from me."  Hyunseung randomly swung a fist at her.  "Get away from _____!"

Kyungmi looked shocked, and backed away.  "Hyunseung-oppa..." 

"Didn't you hear me?" Hyunseung yelled.  "Don't you dare hurt her again.  Ever.  You understand?!  Go away!!"

You heard Kyungmi's voice choke, before hearing her high heels clack quickly away.  Her boyfriend and henchmen follwed behind.  You felt Hyunseung's hands shake your shoulder.

"_____.  _____.  I know you're not okay.  Can you get up?  You're bleeding..."

You nodded and got up, shaking.  For some reason, you felt light headed.

"I can't drive home like this, Somehow I got a bloody nose..... why are you...." you muttered.

Hyunseung answered as he helped Julia up.  "I'll drive you home."

 

AHHHHHH~ =_= Typed this all in one sitting

Well it's a lot like a korean drama right?

How he got there, and how he knew, you'll find out in the next chappie

Love you all ♥♥