Happy Birthday

It's Painful to Forget

"So guess what day it is!"

"What?  I'm not good with dates, Yoseob."  You smile as you talk into the phone.  "So, what day is it?"

"Aish, you should've known by now."  Yoseob sighed.  "It's a special someone's birthday!"

"Really?  Wow, happy birthday!"  You laugh at your own cluelessness.  

"Ugh, no, babo!  It's not my birthday!  You are the most clueless girl in the whole world!"  Yoseob yelled into the phone.

"What?  Oh, well then."  Your face went red.

"It's Hyunseung's birthday!  Didn't he tell you?"

"Um, no..."

"Well today's his birthday!  September 3rd!  We invited you and Julia to our dorm to celebrate later today.  Julia said you would come, so try to least stop by!  That'd be great already!"

"Julia already knew?!"  You mutter to yourself.  She didn't tell you anything.

"Yeah!  We'll see you later then!"  The phone beeped as Yoseob hung up.  You sighed half-heartedly as you sat down on your bed.  You sipped your cup of water as you thought silently to yourself.

Hyunseung hasn't told you anything about his birhtday.  No texts, either.  You haven't talked about it at all.  Did he ever hint at it?  Not that you remember... but then again, it's hard for you to remember anything...

"It's been two months, and yet he's still so mysterious to me...  I know him, but he never fails to surprise me."  You look up at the ceiling.  "That boy..."

"I'm home.  Look at what I brought from the store.  It's this weird mochi..."  Julia entered your room and looked down at you, holding up a box of mochi.  "_____?"

You smile, not in a friendly way.  "Yoseob told me.  A party?  How grand..."  You cross your arms.

Julia did the same.  "I will not apologize!  How can I say no to an invitation like that?  And you never even knew it was Hyunseung's b-day, did you?"

You stopped at that, and Julia threw the box of mochi onto your bed.  "There's your apology."

Julia left you in your room, and came back with a big piece of paper.  "Here's the present I made for him."

It was a hand-drawn chibi version of the Beast members.  There was a small letter in the back.

You stared at the picture, and your mouth curved into a frown.  "I don't have a gift for him.."

"That's right.. you don't.  Well, you can make something like me!  Or maybe you can buy something.  Or both."  Julia placed the paper in your lap and smiled.

You thought to yourself.  "I want to write a letter to him and then, maybe a ring, or a keychain."

"Right away sir!" Julia brought you paper.  "Here's a super big one to express your love!"  

You didn't complain, and thought of a picture you could draw.  You thought of the day you planted flowers with him, and you took a picture with him that day too.  You decided to make a cartoon version of it.  You sketched it out to see what it'd look like, and then you traced it over with a pen.  You were a pretty good artist yourself. In the end it kind of looked like this:

tumblr_mnuethfOoi1s6lg43o1_500.png

On the back, you began to write your letter.

 

          To my 4D Prince,

          Happy birthday!  Why didn't you tell me your birthday was today, huh? TT^TT I feel left out.  I want to celebrate your birhtday with everyone else... ♥ I hope I get the chance to celebrate your birthday for many more years, expecially since I didn't get the chance to do that the past few years.  Now that you're back again, you can't leave me again, you understand?  Haha, just kidding.  But seriously.  I do remember some memories, and you meant (and still mean) a lot to me.  Please remain as my best friend forever, and stay by my side.  Please be strong for another year of hard work and pain.  Me, Julia, and the Beast family will always support you, and as will your thousands of fans.  More people love you than you think!

Your bestie,

_____.

You showed Julia.  "Is that too much?"

Julia gave a thumbs up.  "It's fantastic baby!  You wanna go buy a present now?"

You nodded.  "Yeah, let's go."

"I know the perfect place!"  Julia dragged you with her into the car and she drove to a small gift shop.

"This is where I get all my gifts!  They have the best stuff here!  They have cool rings that may look good on him.  Or a keychain.  They have dozens here."

You walk in, and your eyes immediately caught on a rows of rings on the counter.  "Whoa!"

You ran over and picked up a ring bent to form a braid design.  "Hyunseung would like this."

"_____ look!  This bunny keychain's so cute!"  Julia brought over a keychain with a plush brown bunny on it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTysoos5p7YCwlVlZoQF6i

"It looks like you!"  Julia smiled.

"No it doesn't!"

"Well there's the brown fur, and then the surprised-clueless part secretly-happy look on it's face, so it's totally you!"

You protested again, then looked at the keychain a second time.  Does it really look like you?

You grabbed it and went to the cashier.  "Just this keychain please."

"Wait-- is that... for Hyunseung?"  Julia smiled in disbelief.

"Yes."

"Why?  He's a guy."

"It's cute.  I'm sure he'd like it."

"... okay then."

The cashier gave you your change.  "For an extra 500 won you can have it gift-wrapped.  It's our sale.  Would you like that?"

"Oh, yes please."  You gave the cashier 500 won and she placed the keychain in a small bag filled with light red tissue paper, and she tied it with a ribbon and a "to and from" card.  You thanked the girl before taking the bag and leaving the store.

"You're really getting that?"  Julia still doesn't believe you.

"Well, that bunny is me, right?"  You say.

"It looks like you..."

"Exactly.  It's a mini version of me.  So I'll always be with him."  You smile cleverly.

"Oh... I see what you did there."

"What time are we going?"  

"In two hours."

"Let's go home, then."

~~

You and Julia got back to your house, and you changed into cleaner clothes:  Shorts and a loose t-shirt.  You tied up your hair before attaching your letter to the gift bag.

Julia bounded down the stairs with her rolled up gift.  She took out another small slip of paper.

"Yoseob gave me the directions to the building.  We're supposed to call them when we get there."

"Okay, you drive and I'll give you the directions."  You plan out.

"Roger."

You got into the car and spent a half hour driving, getting lost twice, and nearly running into a lamppost.

"Turn left at the next intersection--- no we just passed it!  Turn around!!"

"I thought it was the intersection after this one!"

"have the directions!  Follow me and turn around!"

"Okay okay!"

"No no no!  After we turn around, we turn right because we're facing the opposite direction!"

"But you said to turn left!"

"Yeah but-- oh nevermind!  Pull over and let me drive!"

You drove the rest of the way and you parked next to a tall building that was the Beast dorm.

You got out of the car and called Doojoon.  "We're here.  What now?"

"Oh great!  We're on the sixth floor, turn to the right hallway and we're the 11th door, number 661!  Easy enough, right?"

"Yeah.  See you in a few."  You turn to Julia and you went through the front door.

It looked like a normal waiting room you'd see in a decent apartment lobby.  The elevator was pretty simple.

When you got to the sixth floor you entered the right hallway and counted the door until you reached 661.  You hesitantly rapped on the door, and Julia knocked loudly with both hands.

Hyunseung opened the door.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Manager K-"  He looked at you with a look of shock and surprise, before shutting the door.  You heard muffled voices on the other side before the door opened again, and it was Gikwang who answered it.

"Ah, annyeong.  Welcome!  Sorry about Seungie, we didn't tell him you were coming.  We said the manager was coming.  Come in!"  He opened the door widely, and you both entered.

The room looked like everything was put away hastily, as a few books, blankets, and other random stuff littered the floor.  Hyunseung was arguing with Dongwoon and Junhyung.

"You guys told me the manager was coming!"  Hyunseung frowned, but he didn't seem mad.  You couldn't tell if he was sad either.

"It was a surprise, since you didn't invite them in the first place! How do you think they feel?"

Hyunseung stuttered for a moment, and you spoke up.

"Um... do you not want us here?  Did I do something?"  You really hoped you didn't say something to make him not want you here.

Hyunseung's mouth quivered, and he ran his hand through his hair.  "It's not that I don't want you here..."

"Jewia!  Annyeong!  You wanna help me design the cake?"  Yoseob ran out from the of the doorways, wearing an apron covered with chocolate and frosting.

Julia nodded excitely, and shoved her present in Hyunseung's arms.  "Happy birthday!  Here's your birthday hug!"  She swiftly hugged Hyunseung before running after Yoseob.

"We have all the stuff in the other room, let's go!"

Dongwoon ran off and Junhyung patted Hyunseung before following after.

Hyunseung grasped Julia's gift.  "It's not that I don't want you here,"  he continued. "Well, at first, I forgot to tell you, I didn't realize until this morning, and then I thought it was better off to not tell you because I didn't want to bother you by making you get me a gift.."

"What kind of excuse is that, you babo!"  You hit him lightly with the gift bag.  "You know I'd find out eventually, and not getting you something would make me feel bad!  After all the times you helped me!  I don't want to miss anymore of your birthdays.."  You frowned sadly, and Hyunseung frowned too.

"I'm sorry.  I won't hide anything from you anymore."

You smiled.  "Now, we can't have you sad on your birthday."  You held up the bag.  "Here's my present to you.  You can't look 'til later, okay?"

He smiled.  "Gomawoyo."

You turned to the direction Dongwoon left.  "Let's go."

Hyunseung led you down the short hallway.  "I'm actually really happy you're here, you know."

You look at him.  Really?

"Welcome to our humble abode!"  Doojoon came up to you with his hands raised high.

"It's a little messy, but it's usually worse."  Junhyung admits.

Doojoon laughed and turned to you.  "Sorry about that.  Have we interrupted something?"

You blushed and shook your head.  "No!  Er-- where do I put this present?"

"Oh-- right here."  Dongwoon pointed to a small pile of presents.

After you set the bag down,  Doojoon clapped his hands.  "This is really amazing.  We haven't had any personal friends come to our dorm to celebrate since out debut.  Only staff or our manager would come."

"Really?"  

"I'm done with the cake!"  Julia brought in the towering cake from the kitchen, with Yoseob jumping and clapping behind her.  The cake was sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles and sugar everywhere with the word "Hyunseung" drawn in whipped cream.

"Oh! It's pretty!"  Hyunseung awed at it.

"We have hundreds on songs!"  Doojoon poked in.  "It'd last for days to play them all!" He started the music, and the speaker boomed out Beast's "Beautiful NIght".  You recognized it from that first concert.

The celebration lasted for hours, and at 11:00 at night, you collasped on the couch with a coke and stared at your surroundings.  You really didn't understand how a group like this could have so much fun just with music and food.  Julia was on top of the opposite couch, dancing to "Shock", Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Yoseob were basically jumping up and down and screaming to the song, and Gikwang, Dongwoon and Junhyung were having a pillow/fist fight.

You sipped your coke and shook it when only a bit came out.  Huh.  No more.  Time for more!

You skipped to the kitchen to get another can when Hyunseung appeared, looking hyperactive.  His eyes wouldn't focus.  

"I'm thirsty!"

"Here, you want a coke?"  You passed one to him and he smiled happily.

"Thanks.  Yoseob crashed into me when we were dancing!"  He looked so happy at this fact.  He's so different when he's having too much fun.

".. that's nice.  Well then--"

"Join us!"

"No, I couldn't--"

"C'mon!"  He pulled you along while you were still holding your coke and he brought you to where Doojoon and Yoseob were "dancing".

"_____, you look ravishing tonight!"  Doojoon said in a deep tone, and he took you by the hand and took you into a messy waltz.  Hyunseung spun you in a circle, and you let out a burst of laughter.

"B-b-BWAHAHA WHAT ARE YOU DOING I'M DIZZY, THIS-- STOP!" You burst into a fit of giggles, and Hyunseung swung you back, so that you were resting on his arm and he leaned in.  

3205848_1365522951701.1res_500_281.jpg  

(Kind of like this?  It's hard to explain so yeah)

Hyunseung seemed to realize what was happening, and his face started to go red, when you burst into another fit of laughter.

"WHO DANCES LIKE THIS NOWADAYS?? I-I-OH GOD--" You couldn't stop and Hyunseung smiled as he pulled you back up, and Junhyung let out a yell.

"Look at Julia's drawing!  It's so nice..  better than all of us combined!"

"That's not much is it?  Now let me see!"  Yoseob ran over, and Hyunseung pulled you over to the pile of presents.

"Look at that!  That's Beast, isn't it?  In chibi form?"

"Y-yes, I a-already saw.. it."  You were still recovering from laughing.

"Let's go hang it up in the bedroom!"  Gikwang proposed, and everyone else ran into the other hallway with the poster.  Only you and Hyunseung were left.

He put a finger to his lips.  "Let's open your present before they come back."

You smile and nod.  "Okay!"

He gingerly picked up your giftbag and untied the paper hanging from it.  He opened it and read your letter, and his smile gradually grew bigger and bigger. "I mean a lot to you?"

"Of course you do.  What else would you be?"  You smiled.  "Hey, open this!" 

You gave him the bag, and he untied the ribbon, and pulled out the keychain from the bundles of tissue paper.  

"What's this?"

"A keychain."

"I know that, but.. why a bunny?"

"That's me.  It resembles me."

He looked at you, and nodded. "I can see the resemblance."

"Yep.  That's so that whenever you feel lost or sad, that bunny will be there to cheer you on in my place.  I want to always be there to encourage you."  Your face reddened when you realized what you said.  You were happy everyone else was in the other room.

Hyunseung looked at the keychain, then at you in surprise.  Then he grasped the bunny tightly and smiled.  "This is better than all of the gifts in the world."

 

THIS. TOOK. FOREVER.  >:(  I IS SO MAD AT MYSELF.

Troublemaker's having a comeback!! This will come in handy for the next chapter!

This chapter was (of course) for Hyunseung's birthday.  I wrote it super super late though.

♥♥♥the next chappie should come soon.  wait for me please♥♥♥