memory viii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

Once again, it was Monday and that meant there was school today and also for the next four days (not including today). I badly wanted to call in sick but then I decided to ditch that thought. Why would I need to skip school just because he will be there? Like Channie said, he's not worth it. He never really was. I'm just lost and confused as to why I was so stupid to have fallen in love with a jerk like him.

Kris to the freaking Wu. He's one handsome fellow even if he seems anti-social. Let's be cliche for a minute here, shall we? Kris is handsome and I admit to that fact. Go around the neighbourhood with a picture of a strikingly gorgeous man and a majority of the single woman would want to pounce on that man. Sometimes it gets difficult for me to deny that he is too y to be true. Kris Wu is a complete torture for all innocent girls. As for why he's a jerk... that is just my biased opinion. After being best friends with him for so many years, I think I know him better than his current friends. I think I am one of the few people, aside from his family, that has the ability to change his mind and tolerate his indecisiveness. Talk about being indecisive, I thought I was a tough person to handle, but Kris is even worse than me.

I remember this one time when he (Asian) flunked his term one in elementary and almost bawled his eyes over it. For about an hour or two, I was consoling him and giving him friendly yet reasonable advice, and also attempted to crack jokes so he would stop sulking over his 79% on one subject that I can't seem to recall. "Don't be such a baby and tell your parents. They'll understand." I was only eleven at that time and the most mature one out of everyone in our friend's group. Although my female best friend whom I have a love-hate relationship with, Amber Liu, was an intelligent student, she was too much of a tomboy. Whenever we hung out with the guys, they would start joking around. And when I mean they 'joked' around, it wasn't those silly knock-knock jokes. I hope you understand what I mean when I said they joked around. Hey, who said that a sixth grader is an innocent child? Well, whoever said that is so wrong. The people, including Kris, were so not innocent.

That is probably one more thing to add on to the list as to why Kris Wu is a jerk. He even dared to ask me if I knew what a "" was. Little innocent me did not know such dirty things, until Amber decided to explain these things to me. My ear was no longer a and my brain was slowly corrupting.

I feel like I'm ranting on here. Let's stop with the entire Kris Wu and Amber Liu things and get back to the story, shall we?

The moment I walked onto the school ground, I saw my best friends waiting for me at the entrance. "LYNNIE!" A combination of deep, husky, and high pitched voices rang in my ear. The more I take a step forward, the louder the calling becomes, and the more I want to shield myself from the embarrassment. I don't have anythin against their unique way of greeting me early in the morning, but some people are looking! I shake my head while covering one-third of my face and held in a chuckle. In the end I ended up smacking Chanyeol and Kai on the back of their head (serves them right) for being the loudest. Even Amber (yes I still hang out with her until now) joined in on the fun; this girl can get quite violent some times. 

"Guys, it's early in the morning and you're both so hyper. What has gotten into you two?" Oh look, my face is against my palm. 

We slowly walked to my locker since I needed to retrieve some books for my classes. I tend to carry my belonging in my neon green Jansport bag instead of using my locker. Other than keeping my heavy jacket and unused textbooks in my locker, then you'll see that I always have my things with me. Another reason why I don't want to go to my locker often is because of Kris to the freaking Wu. I think this high school hates me. Literally. They decided to make us locker neighbours. As if seeing him around my home neighbourhood wasn't all that satisfying, they decided to keep us close together even during school hours. Luckily there are at least six lockers between ours and a wall in between those six lockers. Otherwise... I don't even know what to say.

After taking my binders, textbooks and whatnot, I shut it closed and left the proximity. It was 8 o'clock, half an hour before classes officially begin. Chanyeol, Kai, Amber, and I usually hung out in the library. But then we'd get kicked out because we were "too loud", courtesy of Chanyeol and Kai. So then we'd head to our second hang out spot in the school: the cafeteria. It was spacious and crowded, but I didn't mind. I liked the crowd for a strange reason: it wasn't quiet. Chanyeol wouldn't stop pestering me with virus and Kai wouldn't stop checking himself out through his phone's camera. Man, that boy just wants to look good to impress the ladies. I think out of us four, Amber and I were the only normal ones. Then again, Amber tends to talk about the weirdest things ever.

"And then he just shouted out how he loved my * bag!" she squealed. On a side note, other than being a total tomboy, Amber just loves any man-to-man interaction. She is obsessed, I tell you.

I tuned out on what Amber was talking about and just took out my phone. Checking how many more minutes until class starts, I noticed five people walk through the cafeteria doors. Each and every one of them was strikingly handsome. Chanyeol stopped annoying me and Kai was finally done checking himself out. The two glanced at the direction I was focused on and I could only slump in my seat next to Chanyeol. We were sitting far back in the cafeteria. Amber continued blabbering but I doubt anyone would have noticed her rant or spazz or whatever you'd like to call it. 

"Lynn," Although my eyes were focused solely on one person, I was still able to hear the hesitance in Chanyeol's voice.

"I'm fine, Channie. Don't worry about me." I was about to look away when I saw them coming closer and closer towards us. 

Out of the five guys, I recognized three of them. First off, Tao, my cousin. He was pretty tall and his shirt had some blue mixed in with the white, a total stand out from the black and white shirts within the group. Oh and not to mention his charming panda eyes! I noticed they've gotten darker (after squinting my eyes a little bit since I wasn't wearing my glasses and I don't wear contacts) and I think it's time I nag at him to stop staying up so late. I don't want his skin to be unhealthy! Then my eyes wondered off to the person wearing a hat indoors even though the school prohibits their students from wearing hats on school property. I recognized him because he was in one of my classes (I just don't remember which one) and because he had such adorable chubby cheeks. Can I pinch them? They remind me of those Chinese buns, called bao zi. And lastly, Kris to the freaking Wu. Of course, I see that man almost everywhere I go. Fortunately for me, he is not in any of my classes so I thank the school for this. No class with Kris to the freaking Wu for three years in a row is so peaceful - a complete delight.

** (This is what I kind of pictured them to be wearing)

As they came closer, I tried hiding my face behind Chanyeol's tall frame. It didn't work.

"Mei, good morning." Tao ge waved when they were close enough that their voices could be heard. I responded with a small smile and a nod. I still had my face covered behind Chanyeol's broad shoulders. I was having a good morning and I didn't want it to be ruined after seeing Kris to the freaking Wu. 

"Ah so you're the famous Lynn Li. I've heard so much about you. Let's be friends!" The boy that looks somewhat like a deer held out his hands. I stopped trying to hide behind Chanyeol and sat normally, this time, showing my face to them. I stared at his hands blankly before taking it in mine. 

"Um... thanks?" Maybe I shouldn't have said anything because another boy with a charming smile chuckled. I heard mumbling coming from him but didn't actually get to hear what he said. 

"Oh my gosh she's so adorable. Is she really your cousin, Tao?" The boy wearing that forbidden hat in school stepped in front of me.

Either they need to sit down or I need to stand up to at least meet their heights. They're so... tall. Well, that's only because I'm sitting down on a chair and they're just standing. I let my gaze land on Kris to the freaking Wu. He wasn't even paying attention and instead, he was looking far off into the distance. There wasn't anything pretty behind me either. 

"Don't hit on my cousin. I will kill you with my bamboo stick, you hear me?" I shifted my gaze from Kris to Tao and saw him glare at the boy that wasn't paying any attention to us. Well, it's not going to be my fault when he gets his kicked.

The boy wearing that forbidden hat in school nodded, as well as the deer looking one and the charming smile boy. I actually haven't gotten their names down on memory yet. Heck, this was our first official meeting and there was no proper introduction.

I cleared my throat. "So uh... you guys know my name. I.. uh.. haven't gotten your names." I hate how I hesitated in speaking. I also hate how my eyes kept shifting to Kris to the freaking Wu. Dammit.

"Right, we forgot to properly introduce ourselves." The deer boy (let's just call him that for now) laughed. "I'm Xi Luhan but you can call me anything you want, even deer boy." Did I just say my thoughts out loud?

"Kim Jongdae. It's nice to meet you, my lady." he bowed, ninety degrees. Awe, what a gentleman. "But you can call me gentleman Chen." 

Crap. I'm really speaking out my thoughts, aren't I? 

"My turn! My birth name is Kim Minseok, I'm seventeen years old and I'm older than you by nine months so you should call me oppa*. I'm pure Korean but transferred here several years ago. My English isn't all that great but you can teach me! Oh and I'm in your English class too. Let's be friends so you can call me Xiumin or Bao Zi and can I call you dumplings?" 

Wow. My mind has been blown away. I heard soft giggles coming from Chanyeol and Kai. Why do they laugh like a girl? And here I thought they were manly. 

"Um... you can just call me Lynn. Dumplings make it sound like you want to.. eat me." I blinked at Xiumin, but then a smile broke out on my face. He's so far the cutest one.

"Thank you for your lovely compliment, Lynn mei!"

Ugh. My brain does not cooperate with my mouth. Why can't my thoughts stay in my head? 

Chanyeol poked my sides, earning a glare from me. I'm not that sensitive when it comes to tickling or poking, but I hate it when Chanyeol does it. Why? His pokes can be deathly and lethal.

He whispered in my ear. "Someone's not happy."

 


Oppa - terminology used mainly by younger females to call older males (could be brother, a male friend or a male cousin)

- boys' love; can be soft-core or hard-core relationship between two males that are attracted/in love with each other

author's note; I just love Amber Liu so ing much and yes, I'm a girl. She is talented and amazing. I actually thought she would be a perfect fit as my friend's role in this story, and not to mention when I had to come up with a female supporting role, Amber first came to mind. I just love her personality, even if her actual personality doesn't match with my friend's. But yeah, I'm a huge fan of Amber Liu from f(x). 

And yes, my friend in real life is a die-hard fan of any articles, whether it is manga or anime. She is a die-hardcore fan 0.0 but I love her (as a friend) regardless.

This chapter literally took me hours to write and the ending is just so-ughh random! Every time I type something out, I always end up backspacing because it sounded stupid when I read it aloud. I feel like I'm dragging the story a little bit too much at the moment. Tell me what you think about the flow and pace of this story in the comments below! 

Comments are loved and highly appreciated :) <3