memory vii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

*** In case of confusion (because I got confused when I was writing this chapter), this story is taking place not in Seoul, South Korea but in Canada. I won't specify where in Canada but in my mind, it's Toronto, Ontario (cuz I live there lol).

Also, everyone here is in their junior year. Excuse chapter one because that was like a little introduction (kind of). If you're confused, message me and I'll clarify it in the next update.

 

 

I think I'm going to need to find a new place to stay. The current location of my house is not a problem at all, but the person living a few houses down the block (in the same neighbourhood as I) is the major issue. We don't talk and I'm sort of fine with that. But having to see his face every day doesn't help me get over him. I know, I know, what I'm planning at the moment is more of an escape plan. I know, I know, I'm avoiding him. But you know what, it's not entirely my fault that we're like this, as if we're enemies who don't know each other.

Strangers... that's what we are.

I've taken this matter into consideration... if we're strangers, then that means I don't know him and vice versa. And if I don't know him, then the reason for wanting to move isn't because of him. Capiche? Besides, if my parents as me why I want to move, I could just tell them I want to find a place closer to school. It makes perfect sense.

On Saturday, I started searching the web for apartments or condos near my school, only the result of my hunt down was to no avail. Apparently I was at a legal age to move out on my own. I was too tired (mentally) to think about it and instead, hung out with Chanyeol and the boys. Ha, the boys... they're ridiculously awesome and I wish they were my friends or perhaps they could be my brothers in my next life.

It was a Sunday afternoon and the temperature outdoors was above zero degrees. I wonder how Kai could withstand the cold. On Friday, he was only wearing his gym clothes which consisted of his sweat pants and a black sleeveless wife beater. I'm surprised he didn't catch a cold in this type of weather. 

Since I had given up surfing the internet, I lay in bed and stared outside my window, watching the little droplets of snow fall from the sky. The curtains were slightly opened which allowed sunlight to seep into my bedroom. Hearing a beep from my phone that indicated I had an unread text message, I picked it up from beside me and read what it said.

Hey mei*, what's up? Mind if the guys and I come over today?

It was from Lay.

I'm bored and sure, why not? ^^ see you later yixing ge~

I chuckled at the thought of those silly boys coming over today. Was yesterday not enough that they miss me so much to come over this instant? I laid my iPhone down on the bed next to me and stared at the ceiling. It's a cold weather and here I am, wearing black sweatpants with the word exotic painted (not literally) down the left side of the pants, and a purple off-shoulder crop top with a black spaghetti strapped tank top underneath it. The boys were coming over and I was comfortable enough with them that showing a little bit of skin isn't one of my concerns.

Knowing that they would be coming shortly, I headed into my living room and started cleaning the mess that I made earlier on in the day. There were junk food lying around the coffee table, a plate of soft and delicious cookies that were made by me, and a can of ginger ale sitting quiety on the table. Fortunately, my parents aren't home today so I won't be hearing them nag at me for being such an unorganized person. Right when I threw the empty bags of potato chips and popcorn into the garbage bin, the door bell rang. 

Wow. Those boys were early. It hasn't even been fifteen minutes and if they're carpooling with Lay, then it will probably take about twenty minutes to arrive. Lay lives a great fifteen minute drive away from me. Kai and Suho lives near each other, which is five minutes away from Lay's house. And Chanyeol shares an apartment with Suho. So calculate the math and there you have it... twenty minutes! It might've even taken them less than that amount of time.

"Coming!" I washed my hands with soap until they were clean, and then dried them with a towel. I headed towards the front door and opened it without checking who it might be. I assumed it was the boys, but boy was I wrong.

"Oh, hi Zitao ge." I scratched the back of my head. 

"Are you going to let me in or make me stand out in this weather?" he chuckled, pointing behind him. 

"Right... come on in. Make yourself at home."

Zitao ge, or Tao as he prefers people addressing him by, stomped on the 'welcome home' mattress causing the snow to melt and fall off his boots. After taking off his winter clothing, we walked into the living room and sat down on my comfy couch. 

"So what brings you here, Zitao ge?" I asked, and then remembered my manners. "Ah stupid me, how could I forget? Do you want someting to eat or drink?" 

"I told you to just call me Tao and a glass of warm water would be nice." 

I went into the kitchen and quickly poured a cup of warm water for my Zitao ge. Thinking he might get hungry later, I opened my fridge and searched around until I found food that he would like. It was pretty much half empty since I tend to gobble up pretty much anything I see (all that junk food and cookies... yeah those are evidence). In the end, I found one cold (it was steamed before it went into the fridge) bun left and went to microwave it. After a few minutes of doing all that, I made my way back into the living room. 

Zitao ge was no longer sitting on the couch. Instead, he was standing in front of a shelf full of our family photos. I placed the plate and cup of water on the coffee table and then went to stand next to Zitao ge. 

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" he asked. At first, I didn't understand what he meant until he pointed at one picture frame. There were three little children, about seven to eight year's old, showing off their teeth and wide grin. The little girl had one missing front tooth and was squeezed in between two boys. "Those were fun times."

"Remember when Yixing ge would always tell us how unicorns were real?" Zitao ge laughed when he recalled that one memory. 

"Yeah, and we were so silly to have believed him."

As we reminisced our childhood, the door bell rung once again. This time, I knew for sure it was Lay and the rest of the boys. I told Zitao ge to wait a minute and went to open the door. As soon as the door flew open, Chanyeol and the boys ran past me. "Why the sudden rush?" I joked. 

"It's freezing outside! We need warmth!" Kai whined. Oh so now he's cold, and the temperature today doesn't even compare to Friday's temperature! "You're wearing a thick fluffy jacket and you say it's cold?" I raised a brow at him but he pouted and then ignored my question.

They were well-prepared as they brought food over. "Are we throwing some kind of party? There's so much food." I set everything on the kitchen counter whilst everyone was getting themselves cozy in the living room. When I appeared, the atmosphere was pretty awkward. I scanned the room until my eyes landed on Zitao ge. I completely forgot that he was there.

"Uh guys, minus Lay, this is Huang Zitao, my cousin." Then I began introducing everyone. I'm sure they probably knew one another but what's the harm in breaking the ice again?

"It's nice to meet you. As what Lynn said, my name is Zitao, but you can just call me Tao."

I glanced over at Suho, Kai, and Chanyeol. They were sitting on the three-seated couch and just blinking up at Tao who was standing up. Right, I forgot... Tao took martial arts since he was six years old and still practices it up until today. "Guys, you don't need to be afraid of him. He's my cousin and he doesn't bite. Zitao ge, those dark circles under your eyes are scaring them."

Lay, Tao, and I burst into laughter while the three guys continued blinking. "W-we're not scared!" exclaimed Chanyeol.

"Oh Channie, you're scared. Admit it." 

Oh that Channie... He may be tall and mature-looking but on the inside he's still a child at heart. Actually, we all are. 

"Well... this is getting pretty awkward..." Suho finally said something after all this time. He rubbed his hands against his knees and looked around the house. 

I guess now that Suho mentioned it the living room is giving off an awkward feeling. Nobody wanted to talk and Lay kept staring at Tao. I guess he's just as curious as I am as to why Tao would suddenly appear. The last time the three of us hung out was before high school even started. We did see each other whenever there were family gatherings; otherwise Tao and I wouldn't engage in a conversation during school. 

"Ah... I guess I should leave...?" Although it was awkward, I didn't want Zitao ge to leave so soon. 

"You're leaving already? But you just got here about half an hour ago." I frowned. "Stay for a while. I missed having the three of us hang out." It was the truth.

"Oh so now you're forgetting about your best friends?" Chanyeol harrumphed and crossed his arms. 

"Nobody said anything like that. How about..." I looked around the room. "How about we all watch a movie together? You guys did bring lots of food!" I suggested, hoping they would agree. It's a Sunday and I'm done my school-brought-back-to-home work. I want to relax and with my two cousins and three best friends here, why not? 

"I'm in!" one person chorused after the other. 

"Guys, you all like dancing right?" I snickered. They nodded. "Then we're going to watch Step Up 3D." 

There were cheers around the room, especially from Kai. That boy loves to dance.

We each grabbed a seat on the sofa and floor. I sat on the floor with Channie right next to me. We made popcorn prior to the movie and being the selfish best friends, we didn't bother sharing with the rest of the boys. I was glad that everyone wasn't as awkward as they were earlier, with Tao. He means a lot to me even if we drifted away for a few years.

Hopefully things will get back on track. 

I don't mean just Tao, Lay, and I. 


* mei - younger sister

auhtor's note; once again, let me know if you're confused. I started dozing off in this chapter... >_<