memory xx

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

"Channie, I won't be eating with you guys at lunch. I have something to do with Baekhyun."

"Awe but Lynnie, lunch without you is boring. Xiumin won't stop being an annoying bun and if you're not there, he's going to whine even more."

"I'll make it up to you and you only, okay, Channie? Shh don't tell Kai, Amber and the rest of the guys where I am. Love you, best friend!"

It was early morning and Chanyeol went to Lynn's house to walk to school with her. Being the best friend he is, Park Chanyeol offered to carry Lynn's belongings. The only items in her hand were her math textbook (she decided to lessen the weight of her backpack since Channie is carrying quite a heavy bag of his own) and her mobile. Chanyeol met Baekhyun when he was waiting outside his best friend's last period class: math. Miss Wong, their math teacher, welcomed Chanyeol into her classroom. After all, the bell had rung and he was no longer interrupting her teaching hours.

"Channie, you're here!" Lynn jumped up in glee. She wanted so badly to finish solving the last question in her math textbook. Baekhyun offered to help her but she was being a little stubborn and wanted to do it herself. She felt bad enough to have taken up so much of his time earlier in explaining the concept to her and that Baekhyun didn't even get to finish his own work.

"Best friend, are you ready to go?"

"Wait a minute. Let me finish this last problem. Once I'm done, I have no more math homework for the day!" Without looking up from her messy paper, Lynn informed Chanyeol. "In the meantime, you can introduce yourself to Baekhyun, my new friend."

Chanyeol glanced at the boy sitting beside Lynn. His textbook and binders were tucked neatly into his school bag and one of his arms was leaning on the desk, staring at Lynn. Chanyeol saw it and didn't like that idea, not because that Baekhyun boy might like Lynn, but because he didn't want her to be hurt. He cleared his throat, diverting Baekhyun's attention to Chanyeol.

"Uh... Hi. I'm Park Chanyeol, Lynn's best friend." He awkwardly introduced with a wide smile spread across his face.

"Byun Baekhyun. You are Korean, right?" Baekhyun stood up, now standing in front of Chanyeol. Comparing the heights, Baekhyun was a little intimidated by Lynn's best friend.

"Yep! You are too?" Chanyeol's eyes widened, happy to know that other than him, Jongdae, Minseok, and Jong In, in their friend circle, he had met another Korean friend through Lynn. "This is amazing. Now we can talk in Korean just to tease Lynn."

Chanyeol had already switched from speaking in English to his native language, glancing back and forth between Baekhyun and Lynn. He was comfortable in speaking Korean rather than English, but knew that because his best friend was limited to the Korean language, he had no choice but to use English. After all, they were in an English speaking country where the language dominates every other language in the world.

Lynn, who was completely concentrated on her homework, hadn't heard their conversation.

Chanyeol sighed as he walked alone to their group's usual hang out location. When Amber saw how dejected Chanyeol looked, she smacked him awake, bringing him back to reality. She looked around Chanyeol -up, down, left, right, behind him- wondering where her best girl friend went to. "Where's Lynn?" 

"I don't know. She said she won't be eating with us." A pout formed on the young boy's face, an unusual sight to see. He was helping Lynn keep a secret and luckily nobody noticed how great of an actor he was.

"Did she say why?" Kai intervened, a huge frown placed upon his beautiful face. His morning didn't turn out that well, not having been able to see his favourite girl's lovely face. He was hoping this afternoon, he would be able to see the cheerful girl but seeing how she wasn't eating lunch with them, Kai became even sadder.

Chanyeol shook his head and sat down next to Amber and Luhan. Silence took over the hallway within the first few minutes of lunch. Everyone ate their own lunch and slowly began chattering, yelling, and fooling around. Kris' girlfriend, Tiffany, was eating with the eight of her friends and Kris couldn't have been anymore sad. For the past week, the young man has been hanging out with his best friends and the rest of them. When Chanyeol informed everyone that Lynn won't be eating lunch with them because of reasons he himself didn't know about, Kris felt something at the bottom of his pit; he was curious as to why he felt the way he felt.

It wasn't happiness nor was it anything near disappointment. Sure, it was a little awkward whenever he was around Lynn (even sitting far away from her was a problem for this young man) and whenever she would make small conversations with him, he wouldn't reply at all. But when Kai or any of the guys (excluding Tao) gained her attention, he wasn't that happy with what he was seeing.

To put it, Kris just doesn't know why he's feeling what he's feeling.

 

Whilst the boys plus Amber was feeling a little lonely without Lynn's presence, Baekhyun and Lynn were enjoying their time together. They ate their lunch outside their leadership class, waiting for their teacher to appear. In the meantime, after every bite of their lunch, either the girl or the boy will choke on their food. They were having a blast, laughing at Baekhyun's corny jokes and stories, and Lynn's sarcastic comments.

"Oh my gosh, seriously? She's so creepy!" Baekhyun was in the middle of telling Lynn how he knows this girl who is completely obsessed with him. Since that stalker girl was attending the same high school as them, Baekhyun described who that girl was.

"You mean Park Soojin?!" Lynn's jaw dropped. Luckily for her, she wasn't chewing on anything nor drinking a sip of water from her water bottle. Otherwise the chunky substance would have flown straight onto Baekhyun's lovely face.

Baekhyun nodded. "She is such a stalker! I mean, wherever I go, I would see her there and I don't even have any classes with her!" He shivered just from the memories of what Soojin did previously - peeking into his classroom and waving at him all the time, "accidentally" bumping into him (when clearly it was on purpose) just to tell him how soft his skin was, and much more unimaginable things. "Wait a minute... you know her?"

Lynn nodded in reply to his question. "She was a former friend of mine. But I never knew she was that creepy. Ugh... No wonder every time we talked about guys she would start spazzing, not in those typical fangirl ways but like... I can't even describe it. She scared me at times."

The young man chuckled at how brutally honest and funny Lynn could be simultaneously. Baekhyun completely forgot he was eating his own lunch, only taking the time to watch the girl sitting beside him eat her sandwich. "Don't you ever get tired of sandwiches?" He asked.

"Hm?" Lynn looked up at Baekhyun, "Oh. Yeah I do. It's just that I usually eat a big breakfast in the morning and so I'm pretty much half full during lunch. And sandwiches keep me full for the next three torturing hours. Then when school is over, I go home and have another big meal that usually lasts me for the evening. And if I'm ever hungry again, I search for food in the house. No big deal." She smiled at him.

"That's..." Baekhyun began, "Cute."

"Haha, thanks, I guess? Chanyeol and Kai keeps telling me I have a big appetite and that I'm fat."

"Non-sense. Don't say you're fat because you're not." Baekhyun was being honest and sincere with his words. He likes a girl who can eat and at the same time, know how to control their eating habits. "They're just teasing you because many girls starve themselves and make up an excuse saying they're on a diet plan of some sort. Or they just don't eat to get thinner which is so not healthy. I don't like girls like that."

It was true. Byun Baekhyun did not like girls who aims to lose weight through diet plans. 

"Then what kind of girls do you like?" The curious Lynn was back.

Baekhyun thought for a moment. He never really thought about this before now that Lynn has mentioned it. "I don't know. I've never really considered the types of girls I would go for. I guess I like girls who are nice, can eat but limit themselves to how much they eat, girls who aren't lazy and works out but shouldn't be stronger than me - after all I am a guy - and girls who are optimistic?

"Seems legit." Lynn said, laughing at the exercise and who should be stronger part. 

This time, it was Baekhyun's turn to ask. "What kind of guys do you like?"

Now it was Lynn's turn to think. She gently placed her unfinished sandwich on her lap and stared up at the ceiling. "A man who can cook. Yes, a man who can cook. I like guys who can enter the kitchen not only to eat but to cook. I think a guy is the most attractive when he can make any dishes for his girl. That would be so sweet. And... Uh... A guy who can put up with me and my personality? I'm really bipolar and not many people understand that."

Baekhyun was a little stunned by her answer. Assuming she would answer that question like many other girls do, he thought she would have said anything along the lines of having the guy to have a six or eight pack abs, he must have a handsome face and y body, something like that. As Lynn continued listing what she looks for in a man, not once did Baekhyun catch any appearance words. He was definitely surprised at how honest Lynn was.

"I would prefer if a guy can make me laugh whenever I'm down, but just not at a funeral or something like that. It would be super disrespectful to the people who lost someone they cherish and love." Lynn didn't notice Baekhyun was staring at her until she turned to face him.

"Is there something on my face? It must have been the mayonnaise. Damn it, I hate mayonnaise." 

"Nothing's on your face. I'm just a little... shocked." 

"Why?"

"Most girls would mention the looks first but you didn't."

"Well... I'm not most girls then. I don't know... looks are important but I think personality is more important in a guy. If you like someone and say they're a player, you wouldn't want to date someone like that no matter how handsome or pretty he or she is."

Baekhyun was about to reply but then noticed their teacher was coming their way. He nudged Lynn on the arm and nodded his head forward at the direction their teacher was coming from. The two of them packed away their almost-finished lunch and stood up, straightening out their shirt and pants, checking if there are any leftover crumbs from their food.

"Hi guys, come on in." Ms. Lee, their leadership teacher, unlocked the classroom door, the lights, and welcomed her two obedient students into the class. "I'm so sorry that I'm late. I had a meeting with some of the staffs so I had to wait until it was over to make it back here on time. I'm sorry to have kept you two waiting."

Baekhyun and Lynn glanced at each other, a smile forming on their faces. As if they were telepathic, the two replied in unison. "We didn't wait long, Ms. Lee. It's fine." And laughter escaped their mouths, confusing the teacher at first but she soon shrugged it off.

"So what do my two amazing students want today?"

They looked at each other again. "Well..."


author's note; I lost a subscriber T_T I wasn't having a good day and seeing how I lost one subscriber just made me sad. Tell me honestly, is this story getting boring to you guys? I'm really curious.

And Park Soojin appeared again :O