memory xviii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

Kris

I was at my locker this morning and overheard Amber talking to Lynn. Amber was just being her usual noisy self. In advance, I congratulate whoever becomes her future boyfriend or husband for being able to tolerate her annoying personality. She's not that bad, but i've never been on good terms with her, and probably won't be in the near and far future.

Amber said something about Lynn having a secret admirer. For the entire morning, I couldn't stop thinking about it. When my gorgeous girlfriend called my name, I completely zoned out. I felt guilty for not paying attention to my lover. Instead, I was distracted by who the sender of that letter was. Why am I even so worked up about it?

Lynn has nothing to do with me.

I don't have any relationships with Lynn whatsoever.

Then lunch period came. Tiffany and her girls were eating lunch together and I forced myself to sit with Tao, Luhan, Chen, Xiumin, and the rest. Yes - the rest. I'm not all that familiar or close with them. They aren't even more friends. We are just mere classmates who share at least one class together. And every time I'm sitting with them in that hallway, there is this one guy who keeps on boring holes into my face. It's as if he wants to drill a hole in my face. Ah, right... I think his name was Kim something In.

Whatever.

So here I am, hanging out with my friends and the rest of the people there. I sat against some stranger's locker, in between Luhan and Tao. Xiumin and Chen were sitting directly in front of me. And then diagonally from me sat the rest of the people. The entire time, that boy with dark brown (almost black) hair was staring at me. I think he was glaring at me rather than plain staring. And man, I was getting a little creeped out. I have nothing against him!

"So Lynnie," The boy that sat next to Lynn began. I think he introduced himself as Chanyeol before. "I heard from Amber that you have a secret admirer. Who is it? Tell me." 

I glanced at Lynn to see her reaction. Having known her for many years, I'm sure she would turn pink. But when I looked at her, she looked completely normal, as if she wasn't affected by his teasing.

"I don't know. You tell me." She glared at him. "I don't want to think about that letter for now. Just let me eat!" 

I almost completely forgot that Lynn is addicted to food. Anything that screams edible in front of her, she would make a run for it, even if it meant stumbling upon many herds of sheeps. When I saw her munch on her blueberry muffin (her favourite muffin flavour) I had the urge to crack a smile. Fortunately, -face dragon, a.k.a me, have striked again.

"You got a letter?" The guy sitting beside Amber asked. He swapped seats with Amber (forefully) against Amber's will, and sat next to Lynn. Now she was sitting in between to good-looking boys. But I am so much more handsome than them combined.

Of course, I'm Kris Wu, the hot and y dragon.

Lynn nodded cutely (I found it adorable) at his question without even looking up at him. Good job, his face isn't handsome enough to look at.

Tao, who sat beside me, called out Lynn's name and threw something at her. Lynn was never a sports type of person so throwing something and catching something has never been her forte. And when she couldn't catch the object that Tao threw at her, she pouted. "Zitao ge! Why'd you throw that at me!?!" Even up until now she barely changed. She is still the same old Lynn Li.

"Eat that." Lynn picked up the object that was thrown at her, carefully inspecting every sides and corners of it. Then, Tao placed a mug on the floor and, gently but carefully, slid it across him until it reached Chanyeol. "Give that to Lynn and tell her to drink it." 

Chanyeol looked at Lynn. "You heard your cousin. He said to drink this." 

She took the mug into her hand and opened the lid, peeking inside. "Zitao ge, I don't want to drink this!" She whined in a little kid's voice. "It tastes bad!"

"Sorry, cousin. Auntie ordered me to give it to you and watch you drink all of that. You don't have a choice." I noticed how she furrowed her eyebrows and scrunched up her nose. She didn't change much, did she?

Lynn stared at the mug before mumbling something then drank all of that liquid substance in one go. I remember how she used to chug down her drinks and compete with Amber for who can chug down a bottle of water or juice with the least time. Lynn usually lost to Amber; she was silly enough to listen to her friend's suggestion. Once, she choked on her water bottle when competing. 

I guess I was too absorbed in my own thoughts to not have noticed the feeling of someone jabbing my sides. "Ow, what the ?!" I jumped from my seat. Now my hurts like hell. I turned to Tao and he put his hands up in defense. Good boy, Tao. I know it wasn't you. I turned to my right and saw Luhan smiling meekily. This sly deer. "What the was that for, Luhan!?"

Again, he wouldn't answer. "I asked you a question and it's disrespectful to not give an answer. What the heck was your problem?"

I was about to let out another set of vulgarities until someone cleared their throats. I gruffed in annoyance and glanced around to see Chanyeol with his hands covering Lynn's ears. 

. I totally forgot she was sensitive to cursing and the noise level within a radius of where she was. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me after Chanyeol muttered something under his breath. I'm sure Chen caught on since he wasn't sitting all that far from Chanyeol.

"Duizhang, stop swearing in front of Lynnie." 

Lynnie? What the heck is wrong with these people? Since when have they become this close, close enough to call each other so intimately? 

"Everyone curses here and there. What's wrong with me swearing? You guys are just... ridiculous." I was about to get up and leave when I saw Lynn shuddering. Her shoulders were heaving up and down. Don't tell me she's crying. Her right hand was covering partial of her face and she was looking down. Her half-eaten muffin was held in the other hand on her lap.

. Maybe I was a little too loud and aggressive with my tone. I ed up big times. Ever since she was little, she hated it when people were obnoxiously loud. Music wasn't a problem but when it comes to vulgarities, the situation is turned upside down.

"Lynnie, everything is going to be alright." I heard Chanyeol tell her. I looked at how close they were. That should have been me. I was her best friend.

"Come on Lyn, get up. You should go outside and inhale some fresh air." That boy sitting net to Amber said. He got up from his seat whilst glaring at me. What the hell is wrong with him!? He grabbed Lynn by the arm and dragged her away moments later. Within a short amount of time, I saw a glimpse of a drop of tear she let out and I couldn't do anything to prevent that from falling down.

What kind of best friend am I?

 

 


author's note; Even though I'm writing this, I cannot stop my hatred for "Kris". The person played by Kris in this story, in real life, is a real jerk and yeah, I wish that he's wondering what kind of best friend he is. Yes, I wish he felt guilty for suddenly dumping me, shattering my heart into pieces, and suddenly stop our friendship. Arghhh! 

ANYYWAYYY, be sure to comment, subscribe, and upvote! Comments motivate me my dear readers :) <3