memory vi

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

Kris

"Hey man, what're you staring at?" Chen, one of the few guys I hang out with, followed the direction of my gaze. 

"Nothing." I shook my head. Even if there's something, there was no way I would express it.

We, men, have man-to-man talks. Girls, sports, alcohol-these are the typical topics we men talk amongst ourselves. Unlike girls, we don't pour out our feelings. Unlike girls, even if we are distressed, we don't show it as much. Unlike girls, we don't bawl our eyes out when we're out of a relationship with the one we used to love.

"Ge*, there's something. Tell us!" Tao, my best pal (the youngest one out of us five as well as the most annoying one), nudged me. 

I leaned against the basketball pole, keeping some distance from them. Sighing, I brushed them off. But knowing how persistent the guys were, they wouldn't let me off the hook so easily. Tao whispered in Chen's ear, and although I couldn't hear what they were whispering, I had a slight idea what it was about.

"Ge, you still like her, don't you?" Tao, you pest, you are so lucky that I can never come to hate you.

"Who is this her, hyung?" 

"Xiumin, regardless of your chubby, child-looking face, you're older than all of us. So do us all a favour and stop calling us hyung." Chen said, causing laughter to erupt from everyone except for Xiumin. He just pouted which would have worked on girls, but man, we're guys.

"Answer me!"

"She's nobody." I replied.

I turned to look at Tao and he was glaring at me. 

"Who is she?" Luhan asked. 

Gosh, do these people not know what nothing and nobody means!? "I said nobody! Now leave me alone!" 

I'm sorry, guys, but I just want to be alone. At least, for now.

-------------

Narrative

"What was that all about?" Luhan blinked, watching as their duizhang* walked off, slinging his black Jansport bag over his shoulders.

"Beats me." Chen and Xiumin chorused. 

Tao looked at his best pal. Even though he was the youngest out of the five, he was much more mature than Luhan, Xiumin and Chen combined. He noticed something was a little off with Kris lately. Seeing his pal confused and lost made him want to become Kris' counsellor, even if Kris doesn't need one. 

"Kris has mood swings, seriously. He was fine not long ago, and then a minute later, he's all grumpy and whatnot. Who was he staring at, Chen?" Luhan continued, curiosity kicking in.

Chen looked at Tao, and after Tao's approval to speak, he began the brief introduction.

"You see that girl over there with three idiots running around them and one guy standing next to her?" Chen pointed across from where they were standing. The two, excluding Tao, nodded. "Well, that girl's name is Li Wan Er or Lynn Li."

"Oh I know her! She's in my English class." Xiumin exclaimed. He scrutinized his eyes to get a better view at Lynn and when he saw her smile, he smiled too.

"Yeah so her name is Lynn and that's what people call her. The guy standing beside her is her best friend, Park Chanyeol. Those that are running around, they're her friends and one of them is her fraternal cousin, right, Tao?" Chen glanced at Tao in case he gave them the wrong information. After seeing Tao nod his head, Chen continued talking. "I think her cousin's name is Zhang Yixing, but people call him Lay. The one wearing his sports attire is Kai, and the one wearing black sweats and a grey sweater is Suho. They're all Lynn's best friends."

"Ah, I recognize Kai. He's in my gym class and he's really good at sports." Luhan nodded. "So why was duizhang staring at Lynn? Do they know each other?" 

Deer Luhan is always curious. When is there ever a time he isn't?

"I'm not so sure about this part but I'm sure Tao knows something."

Everyone turned their heads to their youngest friend. Tao looked at the ground before sighing. "Lynn is my cousin and so is Lay. As for Kris ge..." Tao glanced at Lynn, his precious cousin. 

"He was the one who broke my sweet cousin's heart."

 


* Ge - older brother 
* Duizhang - Leader

author's note; Nope, still not satisfied with both this chapter and the amount of comments that this story is gaining. Where are my 14 subscribers?!