memory xv

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

The weekend passed by ever so quickly. It was a Tuesday and Kris and Tiffany were walking hand-in-hand to Tiffany's locker during lunch. Everyone couldn't wait to get to the cafeteria so their tummy would stop crying for food. Kris' arms wrapped itself around Tiffany's shoulder, holding her tightly against his tall frame. He didn't want his girlfriend to be pushed away from him or bumped into. Who knew if the (younger/older) boys would accidentally bump into her just to touch her inappropriately? He could never risk that chance.

"Kris, you're holding onto me too tight." The young man smiled when he heard that angelic voice. At that moment, he couldn't hear the chit-chats from the not-so-important people in the hallway. His ear only focused on one person and that was his beautiful girlfriend.

"Sorry, babe. I can't risk letting you get hurt." He confessed.

"Oh silly boy, I won't get hurt." She smiled at him. "Because I have you to protect me." 

Then, Tiffany tapped him lightly on his nose, making his nose wrinkle. Why is she so mesmerizing?

"Come on, put your stuff away and we can have our romantic lunch date." He winked at her.

Tiffany's eyes suddenly looked down at the ground. Sensing something wasn't right, Kris was about to ask her what's wrong when she got the chance to speak before he did. "I'm sorry, Kris. I promised to have lunch with the girls this week. It's been a while since I ate with them and I miss them. Would it be alright if we have lunch next week?" She pleaded.

Without having to try at becoming cute, Kris automatically agreed to her request. He sighed before smiling at his precious girlfriend. "Fine, baby. I can't stop you from hanging out with your friends. But you better keep to your words. We're going to have lunch next week."

"Thank you, Kris! You're the best!" She tip-toed and gave him a small peck on his cheek. The people surrounding Tiffany's locker saw the scene and cooed at their close intimacy. Some of them even suggested the couple kiss on the lips, causing Tiffany to blush. Kris took that into consideration and was about to kiss Tiffany but was interrupted with someone clearing their throat.

"I understand that the two of you are so in love with each other that you can't keep your eyes off of one another," The girl began, earning some giggles from the other seven girls behind her. "But lunch is only an hour and we would like to steal our friend here." 

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany hid her face in Kris' shirt, her face beet red. The seven girls teased the couple even more until Kris told them to stop.

"Babe, I'll meet you in class later, okay?" He hugged Tiffany before shooing her off with her girlfriends. "I love you."

 

Kris suddenly felt a rush of loneliness and came to the decision that he should eat with his friends. "Where are they?" He mumbled to himself, going to each and every one of their lockers to, by chance, bump into them. But the result of his lucky encounter was down to a minimal level. The boys could not be found.

The young man, after being abandoned by his girlfriend for lunch, went around the first floor asking random school mates if they had seen his best pals. It wasn't until he heard Tao's voice did he succeeded in his mission. Kris strode over to where Tao, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin were, but they were not alone. Sitting with the four boys were Amber and Kai. He recognized them as Lynn's friends and also as the people who were there when Tao, Luhan, Chen, Xiumin, and him went to the cafeteria a few weeks ago. 

"Kris ge!" Tao was the first one to spot Kris' grand appearance. "What brings you here?"

"Tiffany is eating lunch with her friends this week." 

"So you have nobody to eat lunch with and now you come to us?" Luhan and Kai scoffed.

"Luhan! Kai! Don't be mean even if he's a jerk!" Amber shouted, glaring at Kris in the meantime.

Did she just call me a jerk? What the heck?! Kris thought, baffled at how Amber accused him of being a jerk. In other words, she kindly labelled him as a douche bag.

Kai didn't bother apologizing to Kris nor invite him to sit down. Feeling the atmosphere was getting a little too tense, Xiumin then tried to start a new topic. "Where are Chanyeol and Lynn?"

Kris didn't need anyone to tell him to sit down. He just sat beside whoever was free; in this case, he sat next to Chen and directly in front of Kai. He felt a little left out but didn't say anything. After all, he wasn't so familiar with Kai and Amber is just weird in his opinion. They attended the same elementary school (along with Lynn and that's how the trio met) and ever since then, the two were always head-butting each other.

"Lynn wasn't feeling so well during art class so the teacher told her to just go home and rest. She's been stressing out lately and wouldn't tell me. And Chanyeol accompanied her home. That guy is so protective of her, as if he's her father or something." Amber summarized briefly. 

Xiumin was the first to respond after hearing the story. "But dumpling looked completely fine this morning. She even smiled at me!" He frowned, recalling this morning.

"If she was here, she'd probably scold you for calling her that." Luhan chuckled. "Should we visit her after school?"

"Nah, I don't think so since Chanyeol is there to take care of her."

Nobody seemed to notice that Kai was scrunching his face up, feeling horrible and mad at himself. He saw Lynn this morning (like usual) and didn't notice that she wasn't feeling well. He felt like he was the worst best friend ever. As for Kris, it seemed like everyone didn't remember he was sitting there. It wasn't until Tao coughed that everyone stopped what they were discussing.

"We should let her rest for the day. She probably won't want us to worry over nothing. Lynn is strong and with Chanyeol taking care of her, I feel much more relieved." 

"Fine. I trust Chanyeol to take care of our Lynnie."

How close are they to her that they even call her Lynnie? Kris thought, observing how his four friends were being super concerned about someone who they've probably known less than six months. Of course, Kris knew that Tao was Lynn's cousin and there was nothing he could do about it. But he would have never guessed that Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin would be on such good terms with Lynn. What did she do to my friends?

A beep from Amber's phone interested everyone in that group, including Kris.

"Who is it?" Kai peered over Amber's shoulder to take a little peek at the text message. It could have been Lynn or Chanyeol that texted her.

"It's from Chanyeol." She replied.

"What does it say? What does it say?!" Xiumin's eyes widened, surprised and clearly eager to know what the content of that text message was. "Tell me!"

Amber opened the message and read it out loud. "Hey Amber, do me a favour and tell the guys that Lynn is fine. We went to the doctor and they said she lacked sleep. I think she has insomnia. So now she's sleeping in her chamber. Tell the guys not to worry too much. I'll be here to watch over her since her parents aren't home. Don't worry, I won't do anything bad to her, I swear! Oh and tell Tao that Lay is going to visit once he's done his university lecture. I'm going to cook some porridge for her so I'll talk to you later!"

"Doctor? Insomnia?! What the heck!" Kai was the first to react to something so simple. "She didn't take care of her health again." He sighed, raking through his hair as he bit his lips. 

"What do you mean by 'again', Kai?" It was Chen who spoke. He was being curious, along with Luhan. 

"Before, she used to have sleepless nights and was admitted to the hospital to get an IV etched into her skin. She couldn't sleep for months because of something that happened..." Amber glanced at Kris who was checking his phone. He didn't seem all that bothered at the fact that Lynn is sick.

"What happened?" Luhan, the oh-so-curious deer, questioned. Let's hope he doesn't kill a cat.

"I'm in no place to tell you guys. If you really want to know, it's best if you hear it from Lynn." Kai gritted his teeth at a certain person, drilling holes into the front of his figure. Tao noticed Kai seething in anger and didn't know how to react to that. He knew something was off with Kai these days, especially when Lynn is not around.

On the other hand, Kris was silently praying that nothing bad happens to Lynn. He knew what Kai was talking about, about Lynn having sleepless nights because of this one person. He was the reason. Kris was the reason why Lynn couldn't sleep for months. He felt bad at first, but then shrugged it off. It was not any of his business so there was no reason why he needs to intrude into her business now. They didn't know each other.

"Let's not get too touchy about my cousin's life, okay? She needs rest and that's the most important thing right now." Tao explained. "Lynn is weak and fragile. She's been through this once and it happened again. Just give her some time to recover. That would be the best thing to do right now."

"Fine." Everyone agreed. "But we're going to visit her after school just to check up on her." Luhan added in, worried sick about his friend.

During the time Kris had left them for his girlfriend, Lynn was practically his replacement. The fact that she was a girl didn't matter to them. They had many things in common and Lynn was a fun person to hang around with.

Tao couldn't decline any of them. "I think she would love visitors."

He then looked at Kris who was staring at his phone. Kris' phone wasn't on or anything. He was just looking at a blank screen to seem as if he was occupied.

"Kris, are you going to come with us?" Tao asked in hopes that his best pal would agree to it. He wanted them to sort out things that have been left unexplained. He didn't want to see his pal and cousin pretending to be strangers when they could be so much more.

"No. I don't even know her." 

If Lynn was here and heard that, she would be more heartbroken than ever. He really is a jerk.