memory xix

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

Lynn was in her functions course, punching numbers into her calculator (poor thing, being abused within seventy-five minutes by one person). The young girl scratched her head with her blue gel pen, tsk-ing every so and then. She hate to graph any types of functions, exponential functions that increases or decreases. She hates having to solve any type of questions that requires advanced math. If it were those easy multiplications, divisions, additions and subtractions, Lynn would have no issues with finding the answers to those. But functions is something she just truly dislike.

Overall, math is one of her weakest subjects and she cannot deny that, even for an Asian.

"Do you need any help?" The lad sitting next to Lynn spoke, for the first time since their new seating arrangement. 

Lynn stopped abusing her poor calcuator and turned to her right. A boy whom she didn't know the name of suddenly talked to her which surprised the young girl. "Uh... yes?" Her answer came out more hesitant, ending it off with a questionable tone. The young boy chuckled before leaning over to her side of the desk, past their boundary line (of personal space). He was invading her bubble but she didn't mind; at least she wouldn't mind since he looked so harmless.

Five minutes later of explaining the concept of the lesson as well as that specific problem Lynn was stuck on, the unnamed boy clumsily dropped his pencil onto the floor. His dark blue mechanical pencil rolled under Lynn's chair.

"Lynn, can you pick up my pencil that is under your chair for me? Thanks." And the girl did as she was told.

"Thank you." For a split second Lynn was into another dimension and it was all because of his sweet smile. He does seem harmless.

"You're welcome." And they resumed back to their own homework. In the middle of answering another difficult problem, Lynn was about to raise her hand and ask the teacher for some help, but saw that she was too busy on the other side of the classroom, assisting those with more difficulties than her with their questions. Lynn bit her lips and turned to the boy sitting to her right (after all she was sitting next to the wall).

"Um..." She realized she didn't know his name and yet, he knew hers. "Excuse me...Um..." 

"Byun Baekhyun. You can call me Baekhyun." Lynn slowly digested in that information. She thought she heard wrong. Bacon? But she was so sure she heard him introduce himself as Bacon.

"What a unique name, Bacon. I like eating that." When it came to food, she couldn't help but imagine a plate full of delicious food in front of her. As a result of triggering her cravings, an illustration of a piece of bacon strip was placed right in front of her. She imagined Baekhyun as a strip of Bacon.

"Ah, you can call me Bacon if you want. That's pretty much my nickname since my name does sound like Bacon." Lynn wasn't paying attention. She was distracted by the seduction of food. "This is how you pronounce my name. Bay-ke-he-un or something like that. Hear, try saying it." 

Baekhyun wrote his name down on Lynn's piece of paper, separating it into four syllabals. He was too focused on teaching Lynn how to pronounce his name that he did not notice the invisible drool on Lynn's face. The young girl was hungry and her stomach let out a grumble; that was enough to snap her back into reality.

"Oops." She hovered both hands over her stomach, ashamed of herself. For Chanyeol's sake, this handsome boy in front of her was not her best friend. If it were Kai, Chanyeol or Amber who heard her embarrassing stomach's growl, she wouldn't mind as much. But this was a handsome boy who sat next to her in math. It was a much different case.

"It's okay. Do you want some candy?" He offered. Lynn smiled sheepishly and nodded. He gave her a pack of fuzzy peach and Lynn silently ate them.

"Thank you, Bacon."

Lynn went to throw out the wrapper and when she came back to her seat, she saw some scribbles and doodles here and there on her grid paper. "What is this?" She asked herself, scratching her head. The only suspect (minus those two people sitting in front of her) was Byun Baekhyun. "Bacon, did you just vandalize my paper?" She frowned.

Baekhyun let out a snort and then covered his mouth. Her frown was just too pleasing for him and he was amused by how cute she was. That was the definition of natural in Byun Baekhyun's dictionary. "Yeah. Don't you just love it?"

"No. You ruined my paper. And what's with this Bay-ke-he-un thing?" 

"There you go! You pronounced my name perfectly fine!" He cheered, clapping silently regardless of the class' loud chattering.

"Isn't your name Bacon?" Lynn tilted her head in confusion.

"Nope. The food's name is Bacon. My name is Baekhyun which you pronounced properly a few seconds ago." 

Lynn's mouth formed an O-shape, finally realizing that she, once again, made a fool out of herself. "I'm sorry." She apologized, ducking her head down as if she was sulking.

"Don't worry. People mispronounce my name all the time. It's pretty normal to me."

"Still... It was the first time I actually talked to you and met you and I made a big mistake." 

"I said it's fine. Oh and I hope you do know that I'm also in your leadership class. The one before math class?" 

Lynn just looked straight at Baekhyun, confusion written all over her face. "You are?" Baekhyun nodded.

"Oops... My bad."

 


author's note; short chapter featuring Byun Baekhyun!~ He'll have more appearances later on. I just wanted to slowly introduce the rest of the EXO members. One down and one more to go! :) And Lynn seems to have slowly become another Lay, huh? IRL, I'm forgetful and clumsy >_<