memory xxii

Hurt Me, My Angel - DISCONTINUED

It has been a few weeks since Lynn poured out her thoughts and feelings to Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin. A few weeks passed by and Lynn has been getting more letters from the same person twice a week. She noticed that in each letter, her admirer would always confess his like/love for her as if it was his first time saying those three words. 

I like you, Lynn.

Three simple words were all it took for Lynn to zone out into her world of happiness. She felt like an angel flying swiftly through the clouds with ease. To her, those three –simple yet the most difficult– words to express were her source of energy. It felt nice to be reminded that there is someone out there, aside from Kai, that really likes her because of who she is. It felt nice to be reminded that there is someone out there who is always supporting her and giving her strength. She may not know who her admirer is but he is someone really special to Lynn and she cannot deny that fact.

She was no longer reminded of Kris and Tiffany's relationship with one another. She felt free, no longer trapped behind the bars in a room lacking oxygen. She was finally able to breathe without having to remind herself that her ex-best friend was no longer her best friend – that he was now just a stranger to her. A stranger in which, regardless of how much they didn't want this to occur, they were acquaintances of one another. Her friends were his friends and his girlfriend was her friend.

It was a Saturday morning and Lynn woke up early thanks to Kai's morning greeting. Calling her at normal school day hours, the young girl felt that they needed to sort everything out. So she picked up his call and told him they should hang out for the day. Kai was exceptionally delighted when he heard the love of his life wanted to hang out with him and only him. He couldn't contain his happiness and was in a complete daze. He didn't know what to wear for their friendly hang out; it wasn't a date and yet this young man in love was in a mess. The person who should take full responsibility of Kai should be Lynn. She was the cause of his love mess.

A couple of hours to Kai and thirty minutes for Lynn later, the girl's door bell rung. It was Kim Jong In, her second best guy friend with Park Chanyeol being the first on her best friends list.

"Kkamjong!" She greeted him with a great amount of enthusiasm and in no way was she faking her happiness. 

"Lynnie!" He half-mocked her with the same amount of enthusiasm. Kai walked past Lynn and headed straight into her living room. Her parents weren't home on the weekend and she had the whole house to herself. "I can tell how organize you were, leaving all of your garbage out in the open!" 

Lynn frowned at his mockery. "My cleaning lady came late today and won't be doing her job until she is available." She smiled cheekily at Kai, emphasizing the female role in her sentence. In fact, she was referring to Kai as her cleaning lady since he was very close to lecturing her about her messiness.

"Well then, since your cleaning lady isn't here yet, let this cleaning man do her job." Kai winked before going into her kitchen to grab all the necessities in order to sweep away all of the wrappers and soda cans lying all over her living room. 

On a Friday night, Amber, Tao, Lay, Kyungsoo, and Lynn decided to host themselves a special mini party. They weren't celebrating anything in specific but there doesn't need to be a special occassion to celebrate, is there? No, of course there isn't. Tao and Lay were responsible for buying the many junk food (poor Kai who has to do all the cleaning alone) and the two girls were busy thinking of what they should do for the night. It wasn't a girl's night out considering the fact that Lynn's cousins were boys. And it didn't help that there were only five of them, thus playing a game of spin the bottle or truth or dare wouldn't have been fun. Kyungsoo settled himself comfortably on the sofa, just waiting for Lynn's cousins to walk through the door.

Twenty-eight minutes later, Kai finally finished cleaning the living room as well as wash the dirty dishes that were piled up in the sink. He was a little shocked at how tidy Lynn was. "You would make the perfect house wife, Kkamjong." Lynn joked, teasing Kai every now and then. He didn't mind. Hearing her joke around and laugh was something not everyone got to witness.

"I know. You'd make the perfect lazy husband." Both of them let out a snortle at Kai's comment. Their roles were switched – Kim Jong In had become the wife and Lynn Li was now the husband. How lovely.

They were now sitting on Lynn's three-seat couch, feeling a little awkward. Lynn was struggling with her words, contemplating whether she should start off straightforward or beat around the bush. In the end, the latter chose her first option. "Kai... Do you like me?"

The young man stiffened in his posture. He was playing with his fingers, looking down as his lap instead of looking at his best friend. Man, he didn't know how to respond to such a straightforward question. Did he like her? Yes he did.

"Kai... Look into my eyes and tell me the truth." She shifted her body so that it was now facing him. Kai slowly looked up and was finally met with her gaze. He looked straight into her beautiful dark brown orbs, mesmerized by how shiny and beautiful it was. There were no make up on her face and that added to her natural beauty. Kim Jong In was definitely drawn in by her looks. "Do you like me?"

He felt the room suddenly increasing in temperature. Should he say yes? Should he say no? Kai didn't know what to say.

"Let me ask you one more time. Do you lik-"

"Yes." Kim Jong In had gathered all his courage and confessed. "Yes, I like you. I really like you, Lynn."

She wasn't all that surprised. Rather than displaying a shocking expression, she smiled in return, confusing Kai. "Thank you." She whispered, her eyes shifting back and forth between the boy sitting in front of her and the wall behind that boy. "Thank you for liking me."

Lynn wasn't all that surprised at how she reacted with all of this. On the other hand, Kai was amazed, astonished, disbelief written clearly on his face. "W-what?" Clearly he was a confused and lost little boy, waiting for someone to tell him what is happening. 

"Thank you for liking me, Kai. Actually... I had this feeling that you liked me a while back. It's just that I didn't mention it in front of you because I wanted to give both you and I some time to figure things out. Well, I needed to sort out my feelings and I did just that over the past couple of weeks. I've talked to Luhan, Chen, and believe it or not, Xiumin was pretty good with giving advices. I've talked to those guys about my problems and they all told me to confront you about this. This may be a bit shocking to you, but I really hope you and I won't be so awkward with each other over this matter. I think I'd rather hear the confession coming from your mouth rather than the letters. I don't want to ruin our friendship if ever, anything, gets out of hands." Lynn paused and took a deep breath before talking again. "You don't know how happy I was when I read all of those letters that you put in my locker every Tuesday and Friday's. They gave me a lot of strength. I was really glad to know about how you felt. Well, of course I didn't know it was you at first but then I started getting a little suspicious about it. Wait... You were the one who sent me those letters, right?" 

Kai nodded, gently rubbing his hand against the nape of his neck. He was embarrased for doing such a silly thing but at the same time, he was thrilled to know that the person he likes read through each and every one of his letters. In the end, he didn't feel all that embarrassed to have done something as corny as writing a confession letter two times every week. "Yeah... haha... I'm-"

"Don't think or say anything silly about yourself. Your letters were so sweet and very touching. I remember reading the very first letter and it made me want to tear. Are you really going to be my punching bag?" She lightly joked, causing Kai to chuckle at her. They were no longer feeling awkward with each other and reverted to how best friends joked around each other. "I really enjoyed reading them, Kai. Who would have ever guessed that this player looking boy sitting in front of me would be so considerate of a girl's feeling and is actually a cheesy person on the inside?" 

Kai pinked a little at her statement. Really, it was like their roles switched. Kim Jong In was the girl being confessed to and Lynn Li was the boy confessing his love for the girl. 

"Eheh... I meant everything I said in all those letters. I really do like you and I do hope you will like me back, as stated in the first letter. I don't need you to answer me this instant, but please do take some time to think about this. About if there will ever be an us." Kai scooted closer to Lynn, pulling her into a hug. "I'll always be here whenever you need a shoulder to lean on; whenever you're frustrated and need a punching bag, I'll always be right here. I will never hurt you because I can't bear to see the person I like in pain."

His words were very touching in Lynn's point of view. She nearly cried on the spot, but thankfully, she didn't. She wrapped her arms around Kai's neck, snuggling closer to the person who likes her. He was comfortable to hug.

"Thank you, Kai. I appreciate it. Thank you."

 


author's note; -snickers- It was Kim Jong In all along. I wonder where some of you guys thought Lynn's secret admirer was Kris. It'd be quite the irony if it was Kris to the freaking Wu, wouldn't it? WHOEVER GUESSED IT WAS KAI, YOU'RE AMAZING!