An Answer

Before Your Eyes

~Hana~

----------------------------

"Now let's not be emotional shall we? I don't want to burden your shoulders with my sad stories about my life" He chuckled and pulled away, getting up from his seat and walked away towards the kitchen to get some more tea for us. 

I sighed in frustration. Why?

It felt like I was getting somewher enear his life now, knowing some of his background but it felt like it was just a tiny piece of a bigger puzzle that I just heard. Now when I think about it, if his family is gone, does he live here all by himself? In his family's house? Where were they buried and does he often visits the graveyard? 

More and more personal questions popped out of my head and I stared into the fire wondering if it was the right place of mine to ask him these questions. Did he cook by himself all day? And what kind of qork required him to be busy during all day until the sun sets?

"Here" 

He sat down beside me and handed me vanilla tea as I kept staring into the fire. I felt JaeJoong's gaze on me and it wasn't uncomfortable. But seems like it was uncomfortable for him since he was curious and wondering what I was thinking about. I was thinking about him, questioning the life he was living and wondering if he didn't feel lonely at all?

I turned myself to him only to be met with a pair of big eyes filled with questions and anxiety and with traces of love. His lips were still and his eye lashes followed his eyes gestures whenever he blinked. 

"You're okay?" He asked

I nodded

"I was just thinking about you"

"Oh.. what about me?" He asked

I moved the hair out of the face and put the cup of tea down

"Do you feel lonely often Jae?" I asked slowly

JaeJoong wasn't surprised by the question since it seemed like he had been thinking about it a lot.

"I do. But it's nothing that I can do anything about. I make the best out of it and that's... the only thing I can do at the moment"

"Do you miss your family?" 

He sighed

"I do... but it's complicated and I don't know if I can talk to you about this.." He mumbled

"About what? Your life?" I asked a bit surprised . He nodded

"There will come a time when I will open myself up entirely for you but I just feel that it's not the right time yet.. Can you have patience with me Hana?" He asked

A sudden feeling filled my chest as I tried to understand what he meant. Mystery, secrets and holding back. There must be more to it than I knew, than he was letting me know and seemed like he was determined to keep it that way. I nodded in agreement, giving in, not wanting to push him any further but I started to wonder what could be so complicated that you couldn't even share simple questions about life and family with another?

I was so deep into my thoughts that I hadn't seen him move over to the piano until the first tunes of the piano filled the room. Soft tunes, just by the tunes you could hear what kind of song and mood we were in. Sadness... Pain...agony and loneliness. 

I looked at JaeJoong who was totally immersed in the song, his fingers dancing over the keys as if it were meant to be there. His eyes moved in sync with his fingers as if he lost the focus, he would loose everything. I swallowed hard, wondering how he had survived all by himself ever since his family left him here all alone. Apparently he had learned how to adapt himself but there was this invisible wall around him, an emptiness inside of him that not even a family can replace. 

The last tunes of the piano echoed in the room as his fingers smoothly caressed the last key and the echoing of the last tune along with the fireplace giving away sounds that would be soothing to anyone's ear, caught both of us as we exhaled the oxygen at the same time. He turned his head and he then faced me with e brief and gentle smile

"I've missed that. Playing the piano.." He whispered

He walked over to me and sat down right next to me and an arm wrapped around my shoulders as he took me closer to him. 

In silence we sat there, embracing and looking at the open fireplace. I knew his thoughts were working fully inside of his head right now and he seemed to be lost in thought as well. I did want to talk to him, I wanted to ask him what was wrong but in the end I always ended up being quiet, to afraid to ruin his thinking since I didn't want to interrupt. 

A knock interferred and we stiffened at the sudden knock.

"Who can it be by this hour?" JaeJoong asked

"I don't know. We never get visitors around here..." I mumbled

"I'll go with you" JaeJoong said protectively holding my hand as he led me to the door. 

I unlocked the door and pushed it open to see Yunho standing by the doorway with a bag which seemed like food. I swallowed hard. Yunho's smile disappeared in a second as he saw JaeJoong right next to me

"Hi" He said shortly, I wasn't sure if it was directed to me or JaeJoong

"Hey.. Oppa.. What are you doing here so late?" I asked a bit unsure

"Your parents are out and I thought I should bring you some food.. since you might be hungry" Yunho said and looked at me, taking his eyes away from JaeJoong

"That was very thoughtful of you.. But we already ate" JaeJoong said when I didn't respond

Yunho entered the cabina dn JaeJoong let go of my hand as he stepped back and closed the door as I followed Yunho to the kitchen

I swallowed hard, getting more nervous by the minute as I realized that I had two guys in my cabin, not sure what was going to happen next. Yunho seemed to be in a very annoyed state while JaeJoong was laid back and relaxed.

"So JaeJoong what were you doing here then?" Yunho asked and spun around

"Visiting Hana"

"I can see that. I mean here.. so late? Why are you always visiting her so late by the way? You know, some people need their beauty sleep" Yunho said

I was about to interrupt when JaeJoong smiled

"I know. I work the entire day so during the day is impossble for me to see her and I completely understand if Hana were tired and wanted to go to sleep, I would of course let her. I would never force her to do anything against her will. And she is also aware of the fact that if she is tired, she shouldn't hesitate to tell me. There are other days that I could see her" JaeJoong said and smiled at me

"I see" Yunho said

It started to get more uncomfortable and I was wondering if it wouldn't be time for Yunho to leave. But seems like he was stubbornly staying here for the rest of the night as well.. 

I let out a heavy sigh

"Yunho we already had dinner and it was very sweet of you to bring it here. Tell your mom I say thanks as well"

Yunho nodded slowly

"I... Will. .. " He said slowly

Seems like he understood and got the hint cause the next thing I knew was that he grabbed his keys and gave me a quick hug and left. The sound of the door closing and the engine of his car was heard and soon it was quiet, only me and JaeJoong's breathing being heard in the room. 

"Now that was a surprise.." JaeJoong smiled

"How can you be so relaxed?" I asked

"It's better than being all angry and furious for nothing. Besides I am kinda thankful to him"

"Thankful?" I asked

"He's taking care of you and looking after you. Something that I'm not really able to do.."

I swallowed hard. The thought hit me then as JaeJoong started to sort out the food on the table. He had said that he can't see me during the day because he's working. But what kind of work required you to be there until the sun sets?

"Jae..?"

"Yeah?"

He looked at me and I grabbed the chair, holding onto it nervously.

"You said that you're working during the day and that is why you can't see me"

"Yes?" He said and continued on

"What kind of job requires you to be there the entire day that you're not able to see me after the sun sets?" I asked slowly

He stopped with the groceries and stared into the bag for a few seconds. I started to regret that I had asked that question. 

He then looked up and his eyes looked at me and I started to wonder what kind of answer he would give me ..