Chapter 02

MIA

It was rainy morning when Ji Eun woke up in her bed…  She looked around sleepily and when she realized that she was not in her room she got up in a flash and ran to the door, only to find a bigger room, than the one she was sleeping in. On one of the sofas there was an old lady with glasses, reading a newspaper.

“Morning, Ji Eun sweetie. How did you sleep?” she asked as soon as she spotted the young girl.

“Who are you?” Ji Eun asked scared. “And where the hell am I?” was she abducted? No… she thought a little, missing the surprised and worried expression on the old lady, and then she remembered. “I fell! From my horse, why am I ok?!”

“Oh my God, it really happened.” The woman spoke and stood up reaching for Ji Eun and grabbing her wrist, making her sit down. “What day is today?”

“15th of May. Why?” she asked not really getting what happened. Was she in a coma or something? But the woman knew her, so that was not it.

“Sweetie, it’s 15th of March. We thought this may happen, but we hoped it didn’t occur. Ji Eun-ah, you have multiple personality disorder.”

“What?! I’m perfectly fine!” she girl shouted and stood up.

“Then what are you?”

“I’m a jumper. I’m jumping high fences with a horse, if you don’t know.”

“Really now? Then look around and tell me that again.”

And she did as she was told. She turned around and looked at the room. There were a lot of photographs of her, more like covers to album jackets, there was a big shelf full of CDs, an another one with prices and CDs with covers that were exactly like the big photographs. Then she looked at the screen and she saw herself, dancing, singing in an MV that appeared to be broadcasted on a real TV program. There was no way this was a secret camera. She looked at the woman again with pleading eyes.

“Who am I?”

 


 

Ji Eun was sitting on the spacious bed of the apartment’s bedroom. The old lady, whose name apparently was Marry, left her with tons of diaries and videotapes after she told her everything. But still it was totally confusing. How can she have a split personality when she never lived in this world, they told her she belonged to? When she saw Jonghyun on the TV she almost lost her mind and when she pointed him and said he was her best friend Marry told her that she never spoke to him, so how was this sprit personality?! She would never figure this out. Maybe this was a dream, caused from her falling? And now she was in a coma and was dreaming this nightmare and because she fought with Jonghyun, now he was a stranger. That should be it!

…But if this was a dream when will she wake up?

Ji Eun looked at the pile of notebooks next to her and sighed.

“There’s nothing to lose, is there?” she grabbed the top notebook and opened it to read it.

The diaries started from 9 years ago. That’s when she met Jonghyun. She remembered it well. She fell from the horse and into a lake, and since she couldn’t swim, she was minutes away from drowning. Then a boy jumped in to save her – that was Jonghyun. And that’s how they met, at least that was what Ji Eun remembered, but judging from the diary she was reading nothing happened the way she remembered. Judging by the read Ji Eun fell from the horse on the ground and no one was there to save her and the horse almost stepped on her. Since then the little Ji Eun never rode a horse again…

“Marry told me that from this day on me… or what should be me, was diagnosed with split personality…” Ji Eun murmured to herself. As far as Marry was informed from that day on she was losing her memories of the things she was doing and one day she would ask to go and ride a horse, while on the next she would scream of the mentioning of the word. But as for the current Ji Eun she only remembers waking up in a hospital bed a week later with an unfamiliar boy next to her. She smiled remembering the goofy smile on little Jonghyun back then.

So, according to the diary her parents moved in deeper into Seoul later, that’s why the singer Ji Eun never met Jonghyun and they never become friends. And what Ji Eun remembers is her dad refusing a job, so they can stay in the suburbs of the capital so that way she can continue training show jumping.

 


 

Three hours later, five read diaries and 2 watched video tapes caused Ji Eun to plop on the bed. So her life changed from the moment she fell into the lake… or on the ground. There was something strange. Nothing sounded like she has split personality, except the fact about that week, but it never occurred later on the life of the girl, she was supposed to be, and she had her own memories. Maybe when she fall during the race her soul was sent to an alternative reality?... No, this was not a book. Ok, maybe she had split personality - who was she to diagnose herself? And because the other her was a famous idol, with voice she never though she had, she had to live this life. Well, according to Marry, apparently her manager, her personality was the same – this is easy. But singing and dancing at the same time was…

“But if this is real I can’t just drop everything out.” She grumbled and rolled on the bed.

This was so her punishment for breaking her promise!

 

 

***

As of the next chapter Jonghyun will appear too~ ^^

Are you curious to see what kind of person he will be?

And sorry for any kind of mistakes. I'm not fluent in English.

Oh, by the way - a hint:

If you tell me to update sooner, it's most likely NOT to happen, so don't type it, please. It makes me kind of angry. If you can't type a decent comment, don't then. Yea I love comments, but updatesoon's are really annoying... It feels like I have a deadline or something and I said in the foreword that I won't be able to update too frequently... Sorry if I sound mean, but that's how I personally feel.

And it's not likely of me to make you wait for months, so just be a little patient.