Chapter 04

MIA

It was the first day of the filming and Marry woke Ji Eun up earlier. Now both of them were having their breakfast.

“Sweetie, are you still not awake.” Asked Marry, looking at Ji Eun curiously.

“It’s just so early.” Replied the girl, swaying her head from left to right. At the sight Marry only giggled and gave a glass of juice to the sleepy girl.

“You will get used to it.” and with that she stood up to prepare Ji Eun’s needed stuff for the day.

“Marry, by the way, do I faint when I don’t eat frequent here too?”

“Yes, you do. But it happens only if you starve one whole day.”

“I usually keep it up to 2 days… but my job here is more intense.”

“I guess… Being an idol is a hard job. I don’t know how people do it. Now, being a manager is a little less stressful.”

“I really have no idea why people become idols too… I guess I will learn.” Replied Ji Eun and took a sip of her glass. “If I stay long…”

“Sweetie, maybe you will stay longer than you think you will.”

“But still… it’s strange. My parents are in America, my best friend… he’s some jerk… I…”

“You will do great. I believe in you. Now I will go prepare some stuff, before we head out, you eat your breakfast.” Ji Eun nodded and took a spoonful of her cereal.

Man, today was going to be one really tiresome day. But Ji Eun really was stupid. Truth be told, she wanted to go back as soon as possible, so that way she could say how deeply sorry she felt towards her Jonghyun. And all because she wanted to run away… She was stupid all right.

“Ji Eun, we’re heading out.” Shouted Marry from the other room… May her awful day begin.

 


 

The filming set was placed in one park near a fountain. Jonghyun was already there all dressed up and now he was having his make-up done. Ji Eun smiled and skipped to him.

“Annyonghaseyo, Jonghyun-oppa.” Smiled the girl bending down a little. But all she got in return was an irritated look. “Wah, you look really handsome today.” As she remembered her Jonghyun loooved flattering, if this one had a little similarities to him he would smirk trying to mask it away with some funny comment.

“If I didn’t look handsome how did you think I become an idol?” stone face, monotone voice… nothing similar at all! Damn jerk!

“Some idols rely on their voice. I guess you counted only on your looks then.”  Snorted Ji Eun, turned around on the balls of her feet and went away. Idols become idols for their voices; the look can always be fixed… Okay, they do need looks too, but still… He had an awesome voice, why point out his looks as a reason for becoming an idol. It was plainly stupid.

“Ji Eun-shi.” Called one of the coordinator to her. “We have to get you ready.” The girl only nodded and headed after the coordinator.

 

When she was ready she stepped out on the filming set and was waiting for the director to say what they should do. Just then Jonghyun approached her and smirked… Did he ever stop doing that?

“Were you trying to sound wiser when you said that some idols rely only on their voices?”

“Do you care?”

“Nah, I was just wondering when you started thinking it. You know I remember you saying something like ‘an idol can’t rely only on his/hers voice’. Do people really mature with time?” he crossed his arms again and smirked again! And… when the did she say that?

“I don’t remember saying it.” Ji Eun huffed and turned the other way around.

“Then you have one really bad memory. You said it three weeks ago.” With this Ji Eun’s eyes got wide… was she really that arrogant?... No, it can’t be that. There must be something else that embarrassed her before she said it… Yea it must be that. Besides she was falling behind reading the diary.

“And why did you remember it? I thought you didn’t care at all about what others say.” The girl smirked on her behalf. At her statement Jonghyun’s jaw sharpened. Damn, he had one pretty sharp jaw line, why did she never notice it? Maybe because her Jonghyun was always smiling? … Must be that.

 

Filming went surprisingly smooth. Jonghyun was a really good actor and while filming he was all cheerful and smiley. He felt like the other Jonghyun, so it was easy filming. The scenario was quite nice too. IU was sitting on a bench, waiting for her “boyfriend” to come. Then she receives an e-mail with attached video to it, showing her in quite a close up plan, while the boy is far away. Then there was a stupid lovely-dovely talk between them and Jonghyun showing her the phone’s extra. It was simple, but when the director said “cut” Ji Eun was brought back to reality. The one where the arrogant Jonghyun was the real one. She was just going to get changed when someone grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back. When she turned around she saw Jonghyun glaring at her and she felt herself shrinking.

“Do you want to know why the did I remember it?” Ji Eun opened to speak, but Jonghyun didn’t let her and continued: “Because it annoyed me to death, because you annoy me to death. If I can I would never see you again. And what I said in the Samsung’s headquarters – I only pray it will come true soon.” With this he left her standing baffled. Her eyes started stinging and she bowed her head, grabbing her skirt with all she could.

“I don’t need to hear it from you.” The girl mumbled bringing her head up again. “You don’t even know me to say that!” the girl shouted after the boy and he clearly heard her, because he stopped for a second, but then he continued.

This was not her Jonghyun.

 


 

Ji Eun was in the backstage of the Inkigayo concert and was having her make-up done. Two days passed since the CF shooting, but Jonghyun’s words didn’t leave her head. And she had no one to talk to here, accept the diary she decided on writing, but still – it didn’t help.

Now was her final stage, and she had to admit that going out in front of so many people was just nerve-wrecking, but at the same time was so exciting. Before going out Ji Eun looked herself in the mirror. Black top, red skirt, hair - curled up, and the stage… All matched her so well at this moment. It felt like the song was written for her. A girl wondering in fairytales… and on top of that - cruel ones.

Heading to the stage she passed by Jonghyun and one of his bandmates… Key was it? It looked like they had some shooting in the same building. The girl bowed down, and Jonghyun only averted his eyes.

“Yah, you should have greeted her. You two work together.” The other boy nagged quite loud for Ji Eun to hear.

“You know I don’t greet people I don’t like.” At the statement Ji Eun turned around and looked at the back of Jonghyun. Well… she had to thank him for putting her in the worst mood possible for her to perform the song perfectly.

 

 

***

Hello people~

As I said I couldn't hold up XD And my mom told me to rest before the exam so I decided to write a little... Actually tomorrow is my exam and then another one on 19th.

So... how is it? Is Jonghyun too mean? I hope because he's supposed to be a jerk for now. And the reason why he's so different is hidden somewhere in the story ^^ a hint - the split personality ;P

Anyway hope you liked the chapter and I hope I will be able to update soon.