Chapter 11

MIA

Since that day on the pool Ji Eun have been having some partly dreams of the time she was a kid. She figured Junhyung was making her dream them, but there was always something missing. The dream was of her meeting this Jonghyun. He was a sweet scared kid, really shy, but when he opened up and smiled he lit up the whole playground. The second one was when Jonghyun invited Ji Eun over, apparently he already knew about her condition by then, and he played the piano for her. It was really sweet and his mom was really welcoming and charming. Jonghyun had her eyes. The last one was of their promise but Ji Eun woke up not learning the ‘password’ again. It was hidden somewhere before that in their second meet up, according to Jonghyun. The girl woke up and grunted. Today was the final day where she would have shooting with him and she knew nothing. And her birthday was 2 weeks away. Well Junhyung didn’t say anything to what will happen to her if she doesn’t keep the deadline, but she wanted to know what will happen if she remembers. And he said everyone had a part of the others in them so maybe if she got the code she could see that other part in the lead singer.

Ji Eun got up and stood in front of her mirror looking at herself. She gazed herself from head to toe and her looked became saddened.

“What am I doing… didn’t I love my Jonghyun.” Said the girl and tears felled from her eyes. She cleaned them away and straightened her body heading to her wardrobe pulling her clothes from there.

 

 

At the shooting place both of them shared only “hellos” and “how are yous” . No one talked to the other; no one looked at the other if it was not necessary. Like they were the biggest of enemies. But when they were about to leave Ji Eun went to the boy and looked at him with e pleading look. Something to make him listen to her.

“What?” the boy sighed.

“If the other me comes back… can you give me your number. Otherwise you won’t recognize her and you will avoid her.”

“How can you be so sure?” asked the boy arching a brow. “I will definitely recognize her.”

“No you won’t” smiled solemnly the girl and her eyes saddened. “I can tell you why, but you won’t believe me. So just tell me, or not. You decide.”

“I will not give my phone number to you.” Hissed the boy and walked away. Ji Eun’s heart clenched and a few tears sneaked away from her eyes.

“Why are you so hard to reach? Damn you!”

 

The same night Ji Eun dreamed again. A dream that put at ease her heart, that took away her guilt about falling for this Jonghyun.

The little girl stood on the swing with her little ponytail swinging along with her body, her little ruffly pink dress making her look like a princess. She was swinging her legs to make the swing move and she was pouting. Obviously she was waiting for someone. When a boy came to the playground the girl smiled widely and dashed to him lashing her arms around the boy’s torso.

“Puppy!” the girl smiled widely looking at the boy who smiled back.

“Hello, princes.” He answered patting her hair. “Did you wait long?”

“Nope.” She answered stepping back and hiding her hands behind her. “Your birthday is few days from now, right?”

“Yes. You will come, right?” he asked his eyes pleading.

“I will try, but I can’t promise.” The girl pouted and looked down. Then all of a sudden she looked up her eyes lighting up. “I will give you your present now, just in case.” She clapped her hand in front of her and showed to the boy to come closer. He leaned in and all of a sudden the girl leaned in and kissed the little boy. It was a childish kiss, but sweet all of the same.

When the both kids looked at each other and smiled Ji Eun woke up and smiled herself… So he was her first love, wasn’t he? That’s why she felt so attached to the other Jonghyun when she woke up. The girl laughed and rolled in her bed.

“Why is this life so complicated?”

 

***

Um... Well... Jonghyun ain't that bad...

He does know about her condition but at the same time he doesn't know a lot of things too.

Like, about the paraller universes, about the switch, about the fact that Ji Eun changed with IU and that IU is dead... SO... He has his reasons for being angry and anti-social. And he wasn't close with IU so that's why he can't really notice the change.

Hint: Next chapter thing will get a little better. =)