Chapter 07

MIA

Ji Eun was yet again at the hospital room, her body lifeless on the bed and Jonghyun sitting next to her body. The boy was peeling an apple and cutting in into pieces.

“Are you gonna wake up today?” he asked staring at the apple. “You know a week passed… The doctors are saying that there is no use in keeping you alive, because you can soon fall into brain death.” He stopped and looked at the lying girl. “Won’t you come back? I don’t wanna sing only at your body.” Jonghyun left the plate with the apple pieces near the bed and stood up, facing the window.

Love really doesn’t know my heart

The world really doesn’t know my heart

There is a person that I love

But she doesn’t know my heart.

Right this moment this person is you

Foolish love, finally, finally

Do you know my heart, feel my heart?

My yearning heart for you

Foolish love, finally, finally,

Do you know my heart, feel my heart, my darling?

Please don’t forget my eyes, my heart

Then the boy turned to the lifeless body and smiled.

“Princess, I will sing the rest when we see each other again.”

 

When Ji Eun opened her eyes she was on a huge bed, well covered and alone. She sat up and looked around only to find Jonghyun standing on the balcony, a towel covering his lower regions. The girl blushed remembering what happened the previous night… and then her dream. Can her day get more complicated? She stood up and got dressed really fast, then she headed to the door and just when she was about to open the door someone’s hand stopped hers.

“Don’t tell anyone about what happened, got it?” Ji Eun turned around and looked up to the still wet boy.

“If I expected something I would have came and greeted you before leaving. Don’t think I’m that stupid.” Then Jonghyun removed his hand from the door and Ji Eun vanished in seconds.

 

When she was behind the door to her own room she slid down on it and buried her head in her knees.

“I’m so stupid… He was no replacement for him.” She whispered and grunted. “… Though he was warm…”

 


 

A few days passed like that: Ji Eun not meeting with Jonghyun and going for a little horse riding (after a lot of time being annoying to her manager). She read the diary and found out something not so amusing to her. Apparently IU liked Jonghyun, seriously she liked a jerk like him, and the thing she said about the appearance was because of him. It came out that before she said it she was checking her own appearance in the mirror and someone that she was goosing up for some guy and just then he was passing and to mask it all she said that. This happened on Music Core, that’s on Sunday, and when the concert finished IU saw that animal making up with some cordi-noona and Ji Eun had no idea how but the conversation went to IU, maybe the noona was IU’s fan? Anyway the girl said how pretty IU is and stuff and Jonghyun only told her that IU was just another annoying brat that he would never even try to make a pass on. And IU heard it all… What kind of damage that sent to poor IU. And saying he would never pass on her was just plain lie after all he… yea he got drunk and slept with her. Maybe he meant he would never make a pass on her if he was sober? Oh, whatever. Both of them did something stupid. Be it from the alcohol, desire, or just to replace and forget someone. The girl tossed the diary aside and plopped on the bed. Tomorrow was another hard day for her. Moreover it was a day she had to spend with Jonghyun.

 


 

Ji Eun was again at the hospital room, but this time it was at night. Her parents were next to her body, crying and Jonghyun was grabbing the bed’s railings really hard. What happened here? She looked at her body and she thought something was not right, but she couldn’t decide what.

“Ji Eunnie!” her mother cried grabbing a fistful of the blankets covering her body. Back at the room stood a doctor, now she saw him. He was looking low, like he just delivered some bad news.

“She can’t die like this!” came Jonghyun’s voice and he ran out of the room in a flash… wait a minute… dead? Her? … but she was here. She ran after the boy and caught up to him at the entrance of the hospital, but it was too late. When she came to the glass door all she witnessed was Jonghyun being hit hard by a car.

“JONGHYUN!” she yelled and for the first time she heard her voice. The girl ran to the lifeless boy and tried to shake him, but she couldn’t. Her hands were going trough him. A few seconds later nurses rushed to pick up the boy and they carried him to the emergency room. The singer stood in front of the door baffled at what was happening. Why was she not waking up? Why was her time here longer this time?

A few hours later a doctor came out announcing the patient’s death.

 

Ji Eun opened her eyes, which immediately started watering. She muffled her sobs with her hand and looked plainly at the ceiling. What were these dreams? Were they her reality? They seemed so real.

“They are your reality.” Came a man’s voice. Ji Eun immediately jumped in her bed and looked around. To her surprise she found Junhyung sitting on her drawer…

“Wha…”

“What am I doing here? Oh, just to tell you - you can’t run.” Interrupted her the rapper and smiled charmingly.

“Another dream?” she mumbled to herself.

“Yes.” Ji Eun looked him shocked. “I can read your thoughts here. It’s a dream after all. Now let me explain will ya, before my time runs out?” the girl nodded and stood still, removing the tears from her eyes. “You’ve heard about parallel universes, right?” Ji Eun nodded. “You’re part of one. And I’m a Joker, and yea that’s not only my nickname, it’s my main job. I watch over parallel worlds and if something goes wrong I punish those who have done wrong.  Meaning you.”

“What… What have I done wrong?”

“There is this thing that you should end with Jonghyun, no matter in which reality and how. Before you turn 18 you always end up with him but you didn’t in your world, nor did your other you.”

“She still had a few months. Why punish her too? My falling wasn’t enough?!”

“I didn’t cause it. You did. And there are certain circumstances when I can switch the souls. It only happens when both bodies are in an accident. I learned that when I was little and when you were little too. To be more precise - when you fall in the pond.”

“So my split personality was due to you discovering your powers?!”

“Sorry… Oh, and I had no idea what your other body did when I switched the two bodies this time. You see she drank a whole bottle of pills… that’s why she’s now dead. Sorry about it.”

“What…”

“What you saw in these dreams the past few days was what happened. Jonghyun and Ji Eun that were at your reality – both died. I’m not lying. And I’m sorry about it. It’s my fault. I’ll try to do things better for you here.”

“You just told me that my best friend and the guy I loved just died and you’re telling me that everything will get better? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?”

“No.” answered Junhyung calmly. “In every Jonghyun there is a part of the others. So if you trigger it he can become like the one you knew.”

“This jerk will never be like the one I knew all my life.”

“Don’t be that fast at judging. Anyway I better go. Oh, by the way. The real life me won’t remember this, so don’t talk to me about this. If something goes wrong with your life again I will appear to tell ya. Take it as a token of apology. Now wake up.” The boy clapped his hands and Ji Eun faced the ceiling again.

“And what was all of this?” she asked herself as more tears stained her face. “Seriously, not cool…”

 

When Ji Eun entered the living room her eyes were puffy and red and Marry immediately ran to her asking her what’s wrong.

“Marry, I will stay here forever.” Was all that came out of Ji Eun’s mouth before she broke in crying again.

 

The shooting Ji Eun had with Jonghyun today was in the evening, and when she reached the shooting place she told herself that she will be okay. Well nothing was okay. She was gloomy, she wasn’t talking at all and she didn’t even glare at Jonghyun when he told her she looked like zombie. Besides he was right. And on top of that when they stepped on the filming set and Ji Eun saw him smiling she started crying again and ran away.

Well staircases were classic. And she was sitting at this classic crying like baby. She tried to clean her eyes from the tears but when she saw how dark her hands became she gave up. The solo singer heard footsteps and was just about to run again when someone grabbed her shoulders and made her sit down.

“I didn’t force you that day, did I?” asked Jonghyun wide eyed. “If I did I will cancel the contract right away.”

“It’s not because of you… well… not exactly.” Ji Eun answered sniffling.

“Did I hurt your feelings then?” he asked again giving the girl a napkin. “By the way clean your face.”

“I told you! You have nothing to do with it! My best friend died you ! And he resembled you… at least you when you smile, so when I saw you like that I…” Ji Eun explained as more tears formed in her eyes. And then out of nowhere the boy hugged her, keeping her head close to his chest.

“You know, loosing someone you love is awful. Cry all you want.”

“So you did have a good spot in you.”

“Shut up, girlie.” With that he tightened his hug around her and laid his back on the wall. “Cry all you want. No one will hear.”

And then he started singing, overgrowing Ji Eun’s sobs.

People don’t know you

They don’t know your beautiful heart

The pain from breakup, pretending it doesn’t hurt

Do you miss the one that left you?

I’m looking at you.

Foolish love, finally, finally

Do you know my heart, feel my heart?

My yearning heart for you

Foolish love, finally, finally,

Do you know my heart, feel my heart, my darling?

Please don’t forget my eyes, my heart

Only your love makes me forget my painful heart,

The reason for me to live

I love you so much now, now

Do you know my heart, feel my heart?

My yearning heart for you

Foolish love, finally, finally,

Do you know my heart, feel my heart, my darling?

Forget me, forget me, please

Goodbye, sad love

 

“Why did you choose that song?” Ji Eun asked when the boy finished.

“Just popped up un my head.” Jonghyun answered tightening his hold around the girl. “Feeling better?”

“Mmm…” only answered the girl before drifting off to sleep again.

 

 

***

Hey guys! This is the chapter that explains most of the things. Oh by the way the song is No Min Woo's Sad Love. It's really beautiful <3

Anyway this is where I wanted to get the story to but from here on I have a very few ideas on how to continue so the next chapter will be something like filler and before I post it I will have to plan on what will happen next.

And one more thing: 

 

This is the new trailer for the fic ^^ it will be placed with the other one though XD and it's something like a teaser for the next chapter.

So that's from me for now Enjoy~