Chapter 12

MIA

Five days passed since Ji Eun learned what actually happened. But she hasn’t seen Jonghyun since that time. She was always running around on TV shows and filming CF’s and photoshoots. There was no time to ask about him and how can she meet him, and if she requested a meet, he won’t agree. That damn idiot.

“But why did both of them call me ‘princess’.” Whispered the girl. The one she knew from ages never told her and she had no idea for this one. She sighed plopping on the couch and grabbing the remote turning the TV on. There was some drama being casted and the girl watched it just to pass time.

“Ji Eunnie?” came Marry’s voice when she entered the apartment.

“Deh?”

“I have to ask you something. The president wants you to enter a competition program. It’s the second season of Immortal Song actually.”

“Sure! I like the show.” Smiled the girl.

“But if you can’t match up your schedule they will pull you out.”

“Doesn’t matter. I want to try.”

“Ok, I’ll tell them. The press conference is at the end of the week.”

“Ok.” Answered the girl and again turned her attention to the TV. There she was an announcement about SM Town Paris. “How nice… he’ll go to Paris.” Pouted Ji Eun and stood up to go to bed.

***

It was the day of the conference. Ji Eun was at her dressing room getting her hair done, but her mind was always someplace else… Well picturing that her birthday was just 3 days away. She sighed and looked at the mirror pouting.

“What’s wrong?” asked her manager.

“I’m nervous. Who are the other competitors?”

But just when she was about to receive an answer someone knocked on the door announcing that she has to get going. She stood up and went to the entrance to the conference hall. There she saw Yesung, Yoseob, Hyorin,… Jonghyun. When she saw him her eyes stayed glued to him. Well until he glared at her. Why was she so used to something like that? … She stepped closer and listened to the person telling them about their order.

When only Jonghyun and Ji Eun were left she turned to him and smiled.

“You’re really confident, aren’t you?”

“Yea, I am.”

“And how do you know it’s not the other one standing in front of you?” well… the staff can think whatever they want. Ji Eun wanted to just rub it in his nose.

“I just know.”

“IU-shi, you have to get out in a minute.” A guy announced to her and she only nodded.

“Well, you don’t. Since the day we met at the Samsung company it’s always been me, puppy.” The girl smiled at the boy’s shocked expression and turned around to go out since she heard her name being called.

When Jonghyun came out he was all smiles and calmness. He was an idol for three years after all. But still she wished he was more hurt from what he did and that would show on his face…

 

The conference ended, Ji Eun got home and from Jonghyun – there was no trace. Now the girl was lying on her bed now, looking at the pile of diaries. So this is what happened after she found out and told him? Nothing…

She rolled around ready to cover herself and head to sleep when someone rang on the bell. She got up and went to the hallway, seeing Marry opening up.

“I’m sorry it’s late but… can I talk to Ji Eun?” that was definitely Jonghyun’s voice. Ji Eun stepped to Marry and smiled at reassuring her that it’s okay. At that he older woman left them alone and when Ji Eun was sure that her manager isn’t eavesdropping she turned to Jonghyun.

“What do you want?” asked the girl raising an eyebrow and resting on the door frame.

“Why didn’t you tell me back then?” asked the boy with his hands in his pocket.

“I didn’t know back then.”

“But you…”

“Yea, I know what I said. But until a week ago I didn’t remember a thing.”

The boy looked at the floor full with guilt.

“I’m sorry… I was so… stubborn.” At the statement Ji Eun smiled. She got closer and hugged the boy burring her head in his shoulder.

“It’s okay. Everyone makes mistakes.” Jonghyun wrapped his hands around her and hugged her tight.

“Will you disappear again?” his voice was wavering and he sounded like a lost child at that minute.

“No. Not this time.”

At that she felt her own shoulder getting wet, and she smiled. She tightened her hug around the boy and waited for him to calm down.

Maybe this was really going to turn out right, just as Junhyung said.