Chapter 08

MIA

Ji Eun roamed around one old abandoned warehouse filled with various things – from stuffed toys to guitars and violins, even clothes and furniture. As she was roaming around thoughts of Jonghyun entered her mind. But they remained there only for a few seconds. Later she saw herself crying. The girl sighed and turned around only to see one of the walls in the warehouse to be gone and replaced by a field on which a man was walking. When he came closer the girl smiled and skipped to him.

“Junhyung-oppa!” she shouted and hung on the man’s neck.

“How is Ji Eunnie doing?”

“You know I prefer being called IU.” The girl pouted and stepped back.

“Don’t give me that. Why did you lie to me?” IU giggled and turned around getting furtherer in the warehouse.

“By the way what is this place? It looks like nothing to your taste.”

“The place between Hell and Heaven. Well, though for everyone is different. But don’t avoid the question.”

“I got tired of it.” She stopped at a board filled with photos. “Wah! So many pictures. Are all those me on other worlds?” she turned around pointing to one particular. It was of her and Jonghyun sitting in a park all dressed in gothic clothes.

“That one’s from 20 years ago. Was it London? I don’t remember. When your lives were given to me they were already 20 and 23.” Said Junhyung getting closer to the girl to see the picture. “Tired of what?”

“Living… I can’t change Jonghyun.” Said IU focusing on a different picture, one that looked closer in time. “But she can. Am I selfish?”

“Yes you are. Because of you the other Jonghyun died too.”

“But he wasn’t happy anyway.”

“What do you mean?” asked the Joker crossing his arms on his chest.

“He’s soft and caring, but he was afraid. When I was lying there in the hospital bed I felt it. That constant fear of losing her. That’s why he was hiding his feelings from her and that’s why she thought he liked another girl. Even if she was back and they reconciled love was never going to be in their lives.” The girl turned around and smiled. “Right, Jonghyun-shi?”

“Right.” Said the boy smiling nicely. Then he turned to Junhyung. “Nice to meet you. IU told me everything before you came.”

“That’s why I hate this space. I have no control here.” Grunted the taller boy. “So now what will I do with you two?” he asked finally.

“I’m heading to wherever I have to go.” Said IU smiling. “I have no intention of going back to Earth so soon.”

“Ok. Then…” Junhyung snapped his fingers and a giant rusty metal door appeared. “Here you go, little Miss.” he said opening the door for her and trying to sound like a gentlemen who lets his lady go in first in a restaurant.

“I will miss you Junhyung-oppa.” Said IU before disappearing behind the door.

“So how about you?”

“Can I just stay beside Ji Eun for just one day?”

“Yea, but no interfering. And you will be stuck for the other you. No other way. Later the same door awaits you.”

“By no interfering you mean?” asked the boy putting his hands in his pockets and walking after Junhyung, who headed to the same field he came from.

“No transferring emotions.”

“Other things?”

“Like?” Junhyung stopped and turned around to look at the boy.

“Common knowledge?”  Jonghyun’s eyebrows were lifted and he looked like a lost puppy or a child afraid of getting scolded.

“Sounds OK to me. Try transferring this look to that jerk. Some cuteness won’t hurt him.” Smirked Junhyung at the end and started walking again in front of a now chuckling Jonghyun.

Just one day was enough for him. He just wanted to see her before he go beyond that door. And transferring some things into that guy’s head so he can protect his little princess.

After all that’s what she was always to him. His princess and he was the servant who would always stay next to her trying not to ruin everything… Well except the last time but he never thought something like this could happen.

“I hope Ji Eun is going be happy.” the boy mumbled underneath his breath.

“I will try and protect her. As much as I can.” Answered Junhyung not once turning back.

 

***

Sorry for the boring chapter I just needed to think what to do with the story and I think I know. And if someone wonders "WTF happened now?" those here were Jjong and IU that died and yes IU actually knew that they were gonan be switched so that's why she knew about Junhyung.

Besides this explains why badass-Jonghyun knew the song the sweet-Jonghyun sang and all.

But he won't have nothing to do with the next chapter.

I hate dragging stories so I will try and start heading to the end and not do a sloppy-not-satisfying ending. Wish me luck with that.