Chapter 03

MIA

Two weeks passed as Ji Eun, or how her nickname was – IU, had to practice all of the songs she was supposed to sing on various shows. Surprisingly her body remembered every dance move and her voice was singing along to most of the songs. Only, during the first week Ji Eun had a lot of problems with the high tones, thinking she won’t succeed in making them and stopping herself from singing them, but after the week passed she overcome the fear of doing wrong and ruining the song.

She was practicing the song she was currently promoting, and the one she was going to end her promotions with, when she felt something not quite right. She had read all the diaries, except the last one, and she watched all the tapes, filled with her appearances on various shows. During the last month or so IU seemed a little depressed and absent minded. So after Ji Eun finished the song she turned to Marry.

“Was… I a little depressed during the last month?”

“So you felt it.” sighed the old woman and handed Ji Eun a glass of water.

“Deh… When watching the performances I just can’t avoid it. And while singing too… It’s like I’m not the one singing. And why are the songs so depressing? The previous one was quite cheerful.”

“IU wanted that. She said that it will best fit her. I don’t know what happened.”

“Mmm… Well the songs are beautiful nevertheless.” The ex-jumper smiled widely and jumped up to go and practice. She felt bad for letting IU’s fans wait for two weeks, only to see her final performances, but the company explained to everyone that IU was sick and she had to rest well, so her voice won’t be too exhausted. The fans agreed with this, but Ji Eun still felt bad.

Something else she couldn’t put her mind off of was how the hell she had such a voice? It was purely stunning. Just like Jonghyun’s… though she wished she heard it under other circumstances.

“Ji Eun-ah?” came her manager’s voice after about an hour of training.

“Deh?”

“This is all for the day. Don’t exhaust yourself up.” Ji Eun nodded smilingly and skipped to the old woman. She felt like someone really close to her. “By the way, starting tomorrow you will be filming series of CFs.”

“Really?” the girl gasped. “What kind of? Will I be filming with someone else?”

“You will be filming for Samsung Galaxy S2, and yes you will film with someone else.” Good thing everyone (except herself and Jonghyun’s boy group) were singers in her time too. Yea, that’s how she called it in the end “her time”.

“Who is it? Seulong-oppa?” she thought of him first, because apparently IU and he were really close.

“No, but I’m impressed. You sounded just like IU.”

“I thought so. They are close.” Smiled the girl. “So who is it?”

“Jonghyun.” With this Marry halted, seeing Ji Eun stop too.

“Jonghyun?” whispered the girl shocked.

“Will it be a problem?” asked Marry, patting Ji Eun on the back. “I know that in your memories he was your best friend… and from what you told me…”

“I know. He’s totally different person. But I will manage. Maybe I will get close to him here too?” Marry smiled with a sad smile. Both of them knew this was not going to happen, or if it happen that it will be really hard. After all Ji Eun didn’t watch only her appearances, she watched Jonghyun’s too. And from what she saw the boy had quite the hard personality. He was kind of grumpy, dark, and mysterious. She hadn’t seen him laugh even once. And he was smiling only on CFs or MVs. That was pure opposite to the Jonghyun she knew. He was a happy person, whose smile rarely faded from his face and who had quite the clown attitude. But she had to try… After all she needed him next to her, even if it wasn’t the cheerful version… She needed him.

“I was too stupid.” Murmured the girl dragging herself after Marry.

 


 

Ji Eun was sitting silently in one of the conference rooms of Samsung’s company with Marry next to her. They were the first ones to come and were waiting for Samsung’s CEO* and Jonghyun to come.

“I have to bow when both enter, right?” the girl asked nervously. She never had to do something like that, even on her first day of school.

“Yes. And don’t forget to introduce yourself.”

“Annyonghaseyo, IU imnida!” the girl said cheerfully standing up and bowing, which caused her manager to giggle. Just when Ji Eun started giggling too, Jonghyun entered and half glared at the girl, who stiffed for a second, but fast came to her mind. “Annyonghaseyo, IU imnida!” she repeated again smiling widely and bowing.

“Araso.” That was all that came from the boys lips before he sat on one of the chairs.

“Yah, Jonghyun-ah, greet her properly.” His manager scolded him, bowing to the two ladies.

“It’s not like she doesn’t know who I’m.” he shrugged and plugged his earphones in his ear putting his volume to max.

“I’m sorry in his behalf.” The manager apologized and bowed again before sitting down. Though, this was not pleasing to Ji Eun at all. She stood up and went to the boy stretching her arm in front of him. Jonghyun crooked his eyebrow and removed one of his earphones as to see what she wanted.

“My name is Lee Ji Eun, I’m looking forward to working with you.” She smiled and Jonghyun rolled his eyes. He was just about to put his earphones again when the girl continued. “If you ignore me again I’m going to drag this filming really long.” The girl could see Jonghyun’s jaw sharpening and his expression becoming clearly killing-intending, but she stood there waiting and not even flinching. At the end Jonghyun stood up and took her hand.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun. I look forward to ending this project soon.” he clearly smirked to show Ji Eun she didn’t win. Just at that moment some old mad, accompanied by one much younger, entered.

“Ah, I see you two are getting along!” she old man cheered and Ji Eun smiled at him.

“Annyonghaseyo, IU imnida.” The girl cheered and bowed.

“Annyonghaseyo, SHINee Bling Bling Jonghyun imnida.” Jonghyun bowed too, surprising Ji Eun, though he didn’t smile.

“Wah, I get to work with two charming and polite idols.” The old man patted them both on the shoulder. “Now shall we explain the concept?”

“Deh.” The girl nodded and headed to her place. Though a thought stuck in her mind: How was that arrogant and dark guy nicknamed Bling Bling?

“The CFs will be something like a series of dates. We want to show some cute couple concept. For example – the guy doing a video for his girlfriend or recording a song. Something like that. I think both of you will do a great couple so I asked for you.”

“Thank you very much for your choice.” Suddenly Ji Eun said and bowed, which made everyone laugh, except Jonghyun, who looked at her like an alien.

“I think I will visit the filming place quite a lot with such a cheerful person being there.”

“I will look forward to seeing you there, daepyonim.” The girl bowed again, earning a few more giggles and one more roll of eyes.

“Now should we discuss the contract?”

 


 

Getting in the van Ji Eun immediately laid on the back seat and groaned, earning Marry’s attention.

“What is it, sweetie?” the woman asked turning around to see what’s with the girl.

“That guy clearly hates me.” Ji Eun whined, sitting normally. “He never stopped glaring at me! And he is so cold. Gives me the chills. Are you sure IU and he never met?”

“Not as far as I know. Wasn’t there something in the diaries?”

“I still have the last one to finish.”

“Anyway I wish you luck. As far as I heard he isn’t someone you can work easy with.”

“I can bet on that one.” Pouted the girl and Marry only giggled.

“You really are like IU. Only your memories are different.”

“I wish the same referred to someone else too.” Sighed the girl and rested in her seat.

 

 

***

Yea, Jonghyun's a jerk, I know.

A hint: This is far from worse from the things I planned on him doing to IU, but that later on the story.

And one more thing: I have exams coming up, so I may not update soon. It's not sure 'coz I know myself and I bet I may sit down and write to avoid studing, but I may not update soon too.... So I'm very sorry if this occurs.

By the way thanks to everyone who commented. You can't imagine my smile when I see a comment =)

And again I'm sorry if I sounded hars in my previous note -bowing-