Chapter 05

MIA

Ji Eun was somewhere unknown. Everything, except the blue curtains, was white and it smelled funny. In the room there was only one bed, and the room itself was small, with a little wooden nightstand near the bed and something like table at the end of the bed… Oh was she at a hospital? But how did she get here? Suddenly the door opened and stretcher entered along with a nurse and her parents tagging along. But why were her parents here? She looked at the stretcher and saw herself there, and then she gasped. What was happening? Why was she standing here and lying there at the same time? … So she really was in a coma? Or what?

“Jonghyun, won’t you come in dear?” her mom said looking at the door, when her body was placed on the bed in the room. So Jonghyun was here? She made a step towards the door when Jonghyun entered, face all solemn and dark. Nevertheless Ji Eun smiled. This was her Jonghyun, her beloved Jonghyun. He was here.

‘Jong’ she tried speaking, but nothing came from . What was happening?

“We’ll leave for awhile.” Her dad said and with that her parents left Jonghyun and the lying girl alone. Ji Eun moved to stand behind the now sitting boy who was facing her body.

“Why are you so cruel, huh?” came Jonghyun’s strangled voice. “You told me you will listen to me… Do you even know how I felt that day?...” the boy held Ji Eun’s hand in his and tightened his grip on her. “Ji Eun-ah… Will you hear me if I sing for you now?”

The girl standing reached her hand for the boy and just when she was about to touch his shoulders she heard his sweet voice. It was so faint that is was barely audible, but she still heard him.

You make me calm
With you I'm safe from harm
And right by your side
I'll stay thru the night
'til eternity

That's the way it will be

And I wonder what you're dreaming of
You're so peaceful when you sleep
Everything I want everything I need is lying here in front of me…

At the end Ji Eun could hear the boy’s voice cracking and she knew he was crying even without seeing him, so she started crying too. Crying that she can’t hug him and tell him that everything will be all right, that she’s here and that she heard him… That she…

 

“Ji Eun dear, get up.” Someone was talking to her and shaking her body. When the girl finally opened her eyes she saw Marry in front of her and that’s when she broke up. Sobs filled the silent room as her tears overflowed from her eyes as she held to Marry. “Dear, what’s the matter?” the woman panicked.

“I was so stupid…” the girl managed to choke in between her sobs. “I’m so stupid… I-I… I loved him so much!” She continued sobbing after that while Marry patted her back. And they stayed like that for at least an hour.

 


 

Ji Eun was spacing out the window the whole ride to the photoshooting place. That’s right – today she had a photoshoot, she remembered and straightened her position on the seat.

“Are you ok now?” came Marry’s voice from the front seat.

“I will manage.” The girl faintly smiled.

“You will do it; you have been doing great for the past few days. Oh, yea don’t forget, today is…“ The woman started before thinking about this morning. “It’s Jonghyun’s birthday. You know that right?”

“It’s already 8th…” Ji Eun mumbled and smiled. “I won’t forget.”

“Good, because we’re here, but before you go out.” The woman turned around to face the girl. “Are you sure you don’t want me to turn the car around and report you being ill?”

“It’s too late, already.” Ji Eun smiled and got out of the van, leaving Marry mumbling something in her seat about how she misses all the chances to have a day off.

When she got in the make-up room everyone was waiting for her. She bowed down, apologizing for the late arrival and went to get ready. The sooner she got ready the best.

 

 


 

Firstly Ji Eun got photos of only her, because Jonghyun already had done his. She had to admit that it was fun doing photoshoots. Doing various poses, smiling, pouting, being a clown in a way sometimes. She felt refreshed and distracted from the morning drama. Then she had to shoot with Jonghyun and the moment she saw him something in her switched. She looked somehow scared of the boy.

Jonghyun was smiling, hugging her, pouting with her when they had to look cute, and when he extended his hand to her smiling that’s when Ji Eun almost broke. She looked baffled at the boy’s hand and her eyes started to water, which shocked Jonghyun.

“Yah, are you ok?” he asked bending down a little.

“Eh?”

“Your eyes are watering.” He announced looking her in the eyes.

“Oh!” Ji Eun gasped and started to rub her eye. “Something is scratching my eye for some time now; I didn’t notice it started watering.” At this Jonghyun looked irritated.

“You know, now you will have to get you make-up done all over again.” He sighted and rubbed his temples. “You smeared your make-up” he finished pointing his finger at her eye and circling it. And just when he finished saying it some cordi-noonas came to fix Ji Eun.

Well... it wasn’t that bad. All they did was erase the make-up on her left eye and re-do it. Anyway it was only simple eyeliner so fixing it was fast.

The rest of the photoshoot went smooth and they were directed again to the make-up room to have their make-up removed. On the way there Ji Eun remembered something.

“Jonghyun-shi.” She called the boy in front of her and he turned around looking curious.

“What do you want now?”

“I wanted to wish you happy birthday. And to apologize for the delay.” He only nodded and went ahead. It looked like he couldn’t say anything mean to a birthday wish.

So after they got dressed in their own clothes and had their make-up removed Ji Eun and Jonghyun were called by the director and the CEO, who apparently came in the last minute.

“Oh, my two lovely idols.” The CEO cheered when he saw Ji Eun and Jonghyun dragging themselves to him. “I just saw the photos. You two look great. I knew I did a great choice choosing you.” He said patting Jonghyun’s and Ji Eun’s shoulder.

“I’m glad you liked it, daepyonim.”  Smiled Ji Eun and looked at Jonghyun wondering what the boy will do. Not so surprisingly he only said ‘thanks’ and smiled forcedly.

“So, one of our stars has birthday as I heard.” The CEO smiled and turned to Jonghyun. “How about we go and celebrate! I prepared everything. The rest of your band mates will come too, and some of your friends and later you guys will stay in the hotel we will celebrate.”

“You didn’t have to do all of that, daepyonim.” Said Jonghyun, looking not that happy at all. “Now I can’t even decline.” He smiled.

“That’s why I did it. Ji Eun-ah, you will come too, right?”

“Me?... I don’t know, I think I can’t.” the girl answered, knowing perfectly fine that Jonghyun didn’t want her there.

“If you’re free just come.” Came Jonghyun’s voice. Though he was looking somewhere else.

“Eh?”

“Didn’t you hear me? Come.” He said again looking straight into her eyes.

“I will go and ask your manager you stay here.” The CEO ordered and left the two idols alone.

“You obviously don’t want me there.” Ji Eun spoke when the CEO was out of range.

“Yes – I don’t, but it will be bad in front of the CEO if I say it or if you refuse. So come. Besides there will be so many people that I may not even see you.” With that he left Ji Eun with the want to kill the boy.

“I will never fall for that idiot.” She murmured and went to search for her manager, knowing perfectly well that her day tomorrow was free.

 

 

***

Firstly - The song in Ji Eun's dream is F.T Island's Always be mine

Secondly... Well I know the story is confusing. If there is something you don't get so far tell me I will try and explain because it will get even more confusing. And if it is about Jonghyun's behaviour... well the answer lays in the fic's tags, but it's kind of well hidden.

You can expect the next chapter somewhere in the beginning of the next month, because everything I have on my head will be gone then and I will have all the time to write (and my brother won't interrupt me anymore while writing 'coz of one thing), so if my muse doesn't run away expect an update.