Chapter 01

MIA

The stadium. The audience. The adrenaline. All of these were not new to soon-to-be 19-year-old Lee Ji Eun. She was on her loyal horse – L.J., and was waiting someone to tell her to go to the start and she knew she won’t wait too long. She was next, and just a minute before she has to go out a boy came closer to her, smiling nicely.

“Jonghyun!” Ji Eun beamed seeing the glowing teen.

“Are you nervous?” he asked her, raising his eyebrows a little, acting curious.

“No.” the girl answered straight.

“Oh, come on! Those fences are big. I’m worried.” He clinched her leg, silently begging her to get down and quit the competition.

“Don’t be scared, kiddo. The last time they were the same.” She answered confidently and kicked the boy a little, as to let her go.

“Yea, and the pre-last one was 1,30m tall?” he questioned, crossing his arms on his chest.

“Ok, there’s one that is one level up. If I want to go someday to Olympics I have to jump over high fences.”

“Lee Ji Eun, you’re next.” Some staff guy said to her, and grabbed the rein of her horse. Ji Eun only nodded and he dragged her to the entrance of the stadium.

“Be careful!” Jonghyun shouted behind her. “I’ll wait here, just so you know.” The girl turned around and smiled at the boy. He was always like this, ever since she started the show jumping, and she was glad. She always had someone, beside her parents, to wait for her. But what else did she expect – that guy was her best friend.

The whole run was a blur to her. She never remembered them; only the feeling of being free and flying was engraved in her. As always Jonghyun was there to wait for her, while she gets back. Thought this time the boy next to her, the guy who was one person before her, stopped her before she can run to her best friend.

They talked a little, exchanged a few smiles and chuckles while walking, and then parted. When Ji Eun got to Jonghyun he was looking kind of parentally like.

“Who was that?” he asked crossing his arms and lifting his chin a bit.

“The guy I will beat.” Ji Eun smiled and walked ahead, Jonghyun following and blabbering how awesome she was. Well she did forgot to tell the boy one little thing.

 


 

It was Friday, then Sunday, then her Birthday. She was rummaging her closet when someone knocked on her bedroom door.

“Come in!” she yelled, without even stepping aside to see who it was.

“You called, princess.” came Jonghyun’s sing-like voice, and the girl smiled.

“Yea… You know how tomorrow I have a competition.” Ji Eun started.

“Yea.”

“And how I’m gonna totally win it.”

“Like always.” finished Jonghyun for her.

“And then it’s my birthday!” the girl beamed and Jonghyun chuckled.

“How can I forget?” the boy answered with such a bliss, that was left unnoticed by the soon-to-be birthday girl.

“And I’m having a date with that guy from the previous competition…” announced Ji Eun and arranged the wanted from her clothes in the right order in front of her. “Do you think he will like me in this?” the girl asked and finally looked at Jonghyun. His expression was sad, angry, grieved.

“Are you serious?” he asked, with hurt, that too was left unnoticed, and Ji Eun nodded innocently. “I can’t believe you!” the dark-brown haired boy shouted, scaring the girl. “What am I to you?! Some random guy who chooses your clothes for your dates and who you can toss aside?! Forget it! I can’t believe you! Don’t ever call me!” with this the boy left the room, the house, and left Ji Eun standing baffled at what he said. She tried thinking back why he was mad, and then a note on of one of her hanger’s caught her attention.

“Wear this to Jonghyun’s first (personal) concert! <3”

How could she forget?! After reading this the girl immediately dashed out of the house and right in front of Jonghyun’s, but he refused to see her. He never called her back, even after she left him thousands of messages saying she was sorry, not even when the sun arose, and not even before she headed to the stadium.

This was something big to him. He had been going to singing classes for a year and a half now, but he never sang in front of her, and she never succeeded in making him. And then when he finally made-up his mind, about letting her hear, he said that he wants Ji Eun to be his first audience, and that he will sing for her on her birthday. It was natural for him to be this mad.

And this had to happen so Ji Eun could actually see how much she needed that guy.

She was, like the last week, just about to step on the stadium. But here was no Jonghyun and no one to distract her, from her worries, and no one to say: “I’ll be here waiting” to her. She was alone and she never felt so scared.

Going on the track, nothing went as a blur – not even one jump, not even one shout from the audience, not even her fall. And this she remembers well, the pre-last fence. She felt how her horse hit his front legs on the top bar; she saw how he was unable to land on his hoofs; she remembers the pain she felt when she fell and when the horse landed on half of her. But one thing she didn’t saw, nor heard was how Jonghyun was running and yelling to her.

 

 

***

Ok, so the first chapter was written and I thought I should submit it.

From here the story will be developed so it's like a foreword. ^^ 

And remember - the story is just beginning ^^