Chapter EIGHT

Lovemesia

I’M STILL ALIVE BUT I’M BARELY BREATHING~~~

I’M STILL ALIVE!!

First of all, I would really really really like to apologize for keeping you guys wait for too long. *folder bow* I would like to thank all my subbies who didn’t unsubscribe even though I always take ages to update. I’m so sorry!!! But I promise I will never leave this fic. And to those who take their time to comment and post on my wall reminding me to update, thank you!! I feel special that you still remember me ;>

Drop your comments below and it’s okay to rant to me about me being TOO lazy to update XDD I just had a hard time writing new updates :< also I got too addicted in reading other fics :>> hihi :DD I love you chingus!!!

Anyway, here's an update :))) it's...i don't know. XDD ...boring? And this update is the continuation of the last update :))

 

============================

 

 

Chapter Eight

 

Ji Yong’s lip curved into a smile…such precious memories. How hard it was to make HyeSun. She’s the most special person to him besides Dara.

Ji Yong was about to go out the room when his daughter started crying. He heaved a deep sigh. ‘Dara I really need you right now.’ He thought as he went back to pat HyeSun’s thigh gently to make her go back to sleep.

 

...........

Ji Yong’s POV

2:00 AM

It’s already two in the morning and yet I’m still here stuck inside HyeSun’s room patting her thigh gently so that she would sleep. She would cry whenever I stop. I suddenly hated Dara for now. She always pats our daughter’s thigh before sleeping and this baby right here got used to it! Now I’m suffering but of course the maids had offered their help but I declined. I’m a father okay? This is the only time I get to spend time with my daughter. In the morning until evening I would always be at the school and at the company. I started working at our company last year. My dad said I needed the training since one day I would take over him. This is tiring.

I watched as HyeSun fidgets in her sleep and then slowly to my horror, opened her eyes and again and started crying.Oh boy this is going to be a loooong night.

I checked everything that could make her feel uncomfortable  but there was none. She wouldn’t accept the bottle of milk the nanny prepared for her. Her diaper is also clean and it’s definitely not hot since her room has AC in it.

At times like this, HyeSun really do cry a lot. I was fine with it because Dara’s with me taking care of our baby. ‘Ah…Dara…our baby also misses you badly. Please remember.’

“Sunnie-ah, what’s the problem?” I asked as I gently carried her in my arms and started to rock her. Her short chubby arms wrapped around my neck.

I hummed a song for her but she still wouldn’t stop crying.  

“Aaw…what’s wrong with baby Sunnie?”

I turned around and saw the mother of the little girl in my arms. Dara. Thank heavens! Help me with our daughter. I’m getting worried here.

 

……

Dara’s POV

 

Why can’t I sleep?? I feel like there’s something I really really really I mean really NEED to do before I sleep. This tugging feeling in my heart isn’t helping me at all. I can’t ignore what I’m feeling. It’s like my mind is refusing to rest. Like I have some other responsibilities to take care of. As if my body is forcing me to stand up and do what it feels like I usually do. I suddenly want to see Ji Yong-ssi’s baby, HyeSun. That baby really attracts me. I want to see her badly.

And so, I went on with my slippers and went out.

As I was heading to her room, which is only beside Ji Yong-ssi’s room, I heard her loud cries and I didn’t know why but I suddenly felt really worried, so worried that my brows connected while opening the door. My lips curled at the sight in front of me despite the worried feeling that I have inside.

He looks like he really is having a hard time.

“Aaw…what’s wrong with baby Sunnie?” I finally said. I didn’t even know where I got the nickname ‘Sunnie’. It just came out of my mouth.

Ji Yong turned around and saw me and his face lightened up when he saw me as if I’m a hero.

I diverted my gaze to Sunnnie who was crying as well as trembling. I felt a tug in my heart and unconsciously reached for her from the arms of Ji Yong-ssi.

“Oooh~~what’s wrong?” I asked running my palm gently on her back.

Her small arms curled around my neck and rested her mandu cheeks on my shoulder while she cried.

I continued to hush her while swaying her a little bit.

“Did you check her diapers?” I asked Ji Yong-ssi who was eyeing us the whole time like the sight of me, carrying her daughter is something very wonderful.

“Yes.” He simply replied.

“Hungry? Is she hungry?”I asked again as I thought of what might me this little one’s problem. My eyes dart around the whole room checking if I missed something that she might be needing.

“No.”

“Well, it’s definitely not hot.” I said, “but what did make baby Sunnie cry?” I baby talked her. Her cries softened. I smiled and realized how motherly I look. I was quite surprise myself of how I handled the situation. As far as I know, I know nothing about babies and actually am scared to carry one.

“Hmmm… maybe a bad dream.”I muttered to myself and suddenly it clicked to me what I needed to do at times like this. I started swaying her and to my surprise she stopped crying. I know it sounds weird but I feel like I use to do this before like I’m used to doing this already.

“Did HyeSun woke you up from your sleep?” Ji Yong-ssi asked me as he carefully got his sleeping daughter in my arms.

I shook my head and stopped Ji Yong-ssi from getting Sunnie from me.

“You need to rest Dara.” I heard him say.

“Well, I say you need a rest too.” I replied and chuckled a little. I think he got conscious of how he looked ‘cause he started to fix his messy hair that was shouting ‘Rest!’

“You go sleep.” I said patting HyeSun’s back. I’m really enjoying what I’m doing right now.

But as stubborn as he was he just stood there. I motioned for him to go but he didn’t budge.

“I’m staying here.” He said sitting down on one of the couches.

I frowned. Does he think I’m going to do something bad to his daughter?

“Don’t look at me like that.” I heard him say. “I just want to stay beside our ba—err, Sunnie.” He said smiling a little.

Oh, okay. But ‘our’?

“Sit.” Ji Yong-ssi pointed at the couch beside him.

I sat down careful not to move too much because it might wake the sleeping baby on my arms.

“You know what?” He asked in his normal voice. I suddenly got afraid that the baby’s sleep might suddenly get distracted so I hushed him but he just continued to talk.

“That baby,” he pointed at his daughter, “she sleeps just like her mother.”

He smiled looking at his daughter but I can feel that there is longing in his voice. And then suddenly, he looked at me with that playful eyes that looks so familiar. I followed his hands and was shocked to see him picked up the alarm clock.

“Oh no.” I mouthed shooting warning looks at him. ‘Don’t you dare make any sound.’

I didn’t had the time to cover the baby’s ear when he made the alarm clock alarm so loud. But I only saw HyeSun smile in her sleep. She didn’t budge at all.Unbelievable! And people say I sleep like a log this baby is a champion sleeper.

“Sleeps like a log.” Ji Yong-ssi chuckled.

“Weird.” I muttered and the feeling of déjà vu came running in my mind.

 

~~flashback~~

 

RRRRRRIIIINGGGG~~~~

What was that? Dara thought but didn’t even bother opening her eyes from sleep.

RRRRRRIIINGGGG!!!!!

What the―?!

“This girl—“

She heard Ji Yong muttered. His angry, impatient voice sent chills down her spine.

“Wake up please.” He said begging.

And though Dara was on her way coming back to her dream land, she opted to open her eyes.

She adjusted her eyes to the blinding sunlight passing through the widely opened windows.

“My eyes~” She shut her eyes back again. And as soon as her eyes closed, the feeling of sleeping came back at her.

“Wake up. Please wake up.”Jiyong begged almost in tears.

Dara remembered about Ji Yong so as hard as it is, she forced herself to stand up. Her eyes found her husband childishly banging his head on the table while saying, “Wake up.”

As she was facing Ji Yong’s back, Dara’s eyes widened. ‘What time is it?!’

It was the day of Ji Yong’s award ceremony and he couldn’t go if Dara wasn’t there. It would be a shame if he would go alone and his wife was living a life of a pig in the house sleeping all day while his husband would be receiving a lot of awards through his achievements he made for the company of his dad.

“Ji Yong.”She called him.

He looked back at her but his face was stoned. “Wow. Finally you chose to wake up.”

“So sorry.” She apologized biting her lower lip. “But we still have 30 minutes left.”

He heaved a deep sigh, “Okay let’s go.”

“Wait. What? I’m not dressed yet!”

“You are.”

“I am?”  Dara looked at herself and realized that she was wearing a beautiful red dress.

‘I was too asleep that he was able to change my clothes? Aigoo. I’m sure he’s so mad right now.’

“You really sleep like a log Dara.”

 

~~end of flashback~~

 

Dara tucked HyeSun in her crib and made sure that she was comfortable before she turned to Ji Yong whom she found staring at her from where he was sitting.

“Good night.” She said. But before exiting the room, Ji Yong stopped her.

“Tomorrow, you’ll be back to University.”

“I will??” Her eyes bulging. She missed the school surroundings so bad.

“Yes but your new building will be at building 7-II A.” He informed her.

Dara frowned. “But that’s the farthest building. That’s where the students with special needs attend.”

He knew that one. The whole university had been informed that Dara has selective amnesia and the whole student body was more than willing to help her remember her lost memories faster. Just to be extra careful though, Ji Yong moved Dara to the farthest building just to be sure that she’s far away from people who might slip something about her past which is bad since they all want Dara to remember everything in her own.

“I’m really sorry but your professors decided to place you there since you need to catch up on the lessons you’ve missed. They said that you may have a hard time doing it if you join the regular class and since each class there has only ten students they will be able to focus on each of you.” He explained.

Seeing his point she nodded in agreement. “I see.”

“Anyway, here’s your schedule.” He took out a piece of paper neatly folded inside his pockets and handed it to her.

She studied her schedule and learned that her classes will start in the afternoon. She has all the time in the morning to do her own stuff.

“Thank you.” She smiled, “But were you the one who really fixed everything?”

“Well, yeah.” He nodded massaging his nape since he was a bit tired already.

“Oh my gosh! You didn’t have to. Sorry to bother you.” Dara did a folder bow. She really is shy about what happened. She knew that he was a very busy man and for him to still fix her situation in school it’s too much already. ‘So embarrassing.’

Oblivious to her, when she did the folder bow, Ji Yong couldn’t stop from grinning. He didn’t expect that this day would happen. Dara never bowed to him like that before. Her pride after all is sky high.

“D, it’s okay.” He mumbled chuckling.

‘D?’ She thought no one ever calls her that. She knew her name was long but to shorten it to one letter really? Suddenly a thought flashed in her mind of someone calling her that. It felt familiar somehow.  The voices were from the same man but every time he calls her ‘D’, it’s from different scenes.

 

 

“D. I’ll call you D. Sandara is too long.”

The man chuckled with her reply. “Pfft. So lazy for a man who can memorize a book in one day.

Then the scene changed because the sound of the surroundings was different.

“D, come here!”

Then it skipped to another.

“What flavor do you want D?”

Then to another.

“D, please wake up.”

And at last.

“I love you D”

--------------------------------------------

“Dara…Dara hey, are you okay?”

Dara managed to get out of her trance when she felt someone shaking her whole body hard. She nodded and saw the worried look on Jiyong’s face.

“I’m okay. Good night.” She said with her head bowed down and then hurried off to her room.

She was already in her bed but she cannot sleep. She couldn’t help but to think of that last scene which flashed on her mind earlier.

“I love you D” she repeated the words of the man. She doesn’t know why, but she grinned like crazy. ‘I love you D’, she thought again.

‘Me? I have a lover?’

Now I’m getting curious of my lost memories.She thought about it for a bit more and then finally sleep decided to take over. However just as she was about to close her eyes a thought flashed through her mind once again.

“That voice…the man’s voice and Jiyong-ssi’s voice…they somehow sound alike…but…sleep…Dara wants sleep…yes sleep…I want sleep.” Dara mumbled before she closed her eyes.

 

 =========

a/n so what do you guys think? comment comment comment :)))