Chapter FOUR

Lovemesia

 

[CHAPTER FOUR]

 

DARA’S POV

~~

It’s been two days since I was checked out of the hospital and I’m currently staying at Ji Yong-ssi’s house. I don’t know for how long though.

I was outraged when Bom informed me that I would be staying in Ji Yong-ssi’s house. I don’t even know him though he’s always at the hospital. We talked a bit back there but it was just small talks. He’s nice though. Always asking me, what I want or if I need something. I don’t even know why he’s doing those things. When the doctor announced that I could finally go home, I was happy. No more awkward moments with Ji Yong-ssi.

However, much to my dismay, I have no place to stay in. I forgot my parents were abroad and Bom cannot take me in since their house is under renovation. SeungHyun can’t also because—just because. CL of course, couldn’t. She’s staying in the University’s dorm. Young Bae gladly welcomed me in his house but the others just gave him a look like ‘you-know-you-can’t’ look.

They had a mini discussion with Ji Yong-ssi outside my hospital bedroom that time. I’m jealous of him. Why is he always a part of my friends meeting? They seemed to be all close. Since when did they met Ji Yong-ssi? Didn’t even bother to introduce me to him before.

 I heard Ji Yong-ssi’s voice.

 I think they were arguing that time. I heard Bae’s voice saying, “Chill everyone. I was kidding a while ago. Of course she should stay in his house since..”

After that, his voice became blurred. Therefore, when they went back to my hospital room, Bom gladly announced that I would be staying in the Kwon’s household.

 I told her I can’t live in a house with a guy.I don’t know but Bom was too persuasive. She nagged me until I agreed.

I sighed in my mind that time. It’s too awkward for me to talk to him and now I will be staying in his house??

But anyways, I thanked him.

Up until now, I still don’t know if I’m welcome here. What if my friends just forced Ji Yong-ssi to make me stay here? What if he’s irritated by my presence? Ottoke?? It’s too awkward for me~~

Anyway, from my observation this past two days, he is a well-respected person. But c’mon. He’s just 23 and still studying in his last year in university. Wait? I’m also in my last year in university right? But I don’t get the same treatment? Oh right. Because he’s some kind of a super duper rich kid. Look at his house. It’s so big for him. Only him, his daughter and the house cleaners live here. It’s too spacious!

Moving on, he has a daughter! She’s so cute!! However, I didn’t  have a chance to play with her. She’s always sleeping :((

 

I have no one to talk to! Ji Yong-ssi always checks up on me but I don’t have the guts to open a topic to him.

“Do you have anything you need?”

“Do you want to eat something?”

“What do you want?”

He would ask those usual questions to me. He is so likeable but I can tell he’s also awkward. He takes care of me as if he did some serious crime and is paying up for it.  

 

I sat up from my bed and looked at the bedside table where the clock is. The neon green numbers formed 11:30 PM.

Agh! Why can’t I sleep?! I tossed myself to the other side of the bed.

“OW.”

I forgot I still have my head bandaged.  I do not even know why or how a truck hit me. After the time that I called Ji Yong-ssi ‘sir’ in the hospital, which by the way seemed like a big deal for everyone after seeing their shocked faces, and Ji Yong-ssi literally dragging the doctor out,and then Bom came running to me.

Everyone in the room surrounded my bed.

“You didn’t just call him sir!” Bom said gasping at my side.

“And eonnie, you celebrated your birthday last year in the Beach.” CL said a bit worried.

“Oh yeah yeah. I forgot it was last year. I was a bit dizzy a while ago. Sorry.”

I saw CL sigh in relief. Maybe she thought I lost my current memory and only remembers the happenings in the past. Hahahaha! That will never happen.

YoungBae came to my side, “Why did you run off that time! Look! You got hit by a truck!”

“Ya~ don’t scold me. I can’t even remember why and how I got hit.” I pouted, “Even my birthday celebration was blurred. I can’t remember much after what happened. Maybe because my mind isn’t still working properly.” I joked.

 

Until now, I can’t still remember the things that happened on the night of my birthday. I can’t even remember the venue or who organized my birthday.

I lifted my arm and saw my bruises. I was badly hurt. I wonder what really happened.

Sigh

Is Ji Yong-ss asleep already? I don’t want to leave an impression on him that I’m staying at his house and I don’t even talk to him.

I sighed and stood up. I found myself in front of his room.

‘Oh gosh. What if he gets mad? It’s nearly midnight. Ottoke?’

Knock

Knock

He opened the door, his face wore an annoyed expression, and when his gaze landed on me, his face calmed.

‘What to do now?’

He just stares at me waiting for me to say something.

“Uh…did I wake you up?” I stammered. Stupid. Of course, I woke him up!

“No. I was just about to sleep.” He smiled. I smiled back.

Silence

See? It’s awkward!! I’ll never knock on his bedroom again!

“Do you need something?” He asked.

“Uh…I…no. I just wanted to…uhm…”

I saw him smile as if he was amused that I’m stammering in front of him.

“Yes?” He beamed.

“I just wanted… to say goodnight Ji Yong-ssi.”

YES! I finally said it!

“Oh,” his face dropped a little.

I can’t help but to be curious. Did I say something wrong?

“W-why?”

“You called me ‘sir’ in the hospital. Now you called me Ji Yong-ssi.” He said in a low voice. Is he hurt?

I was about to say something but he talked first.

“It’s okay. If you’re comfortable calling me that.”

“Oh, okay. Goodnight then.”

“Okay. Sweet dreams.”

He leaned forward and his face was a few inches away from me when he stopped. He looked surprised as well and straightened his position. I felt my heart jump. Was he about to kiss me?

I felt my cheeks burn.

“Uh, okay. I’ll sleep now.” I said trying not to panic and returned quickly to my room.

“Oh my gosh.” I heard myself saying.

 Did that really happened? I mean, he was about to kiss me? Like goodnight kiss? His face a while ago looks normal. But why did he did that? It’s as if it’s the most normal thing to do. And his face when he realized what he’s doing was hurt. His eyes were lonely and at lost.

 

I’ll just sleep this away. I closed my eyes but the pounding on my chest didn’t stop. Gah! Why do I feel this way?! I’m not even sure of he’s really going to kiss me. GAH!!