Chapter FIVE

Lovemesia

 

[CHAPTER FIVE]

 

Dara yawned as she adjusted her eyes to look at the clock beside her.  8:32 AM to be exact. She groaned and stood up but the sheets were tangled on her legs as she left her bed. There was a loud thud as she hit the floor.

 “Good morning world.” She mumbled sarcastically, rubbing her bruised knees.

She was still sprawled on the floor when she heard quick footsteps from outside.

Click.

Dara looked up and saw Ji Yong panting.

“What happened?” He asked helping her up.

‘Is he worried? Did he hear the loud thud? Did he run just to see what happened to me? Aigoo! What if he’s doing something a while ago? I disturbed him.’

“Well…?” She didn’t notice he was staring at her the whole time she was spacing out. Before answering, she fixed her hair first, remembering that she just woke up and her morning face might not be likeable.

“I fell off the bed.” She answered.

“Oh, next time be careful.”

‘There comes his worried face again.’ She thought.

Ji Yong stood up, “You should take a shower now.” He eyed her first, smiled and went out.

‘Why is he smiling?’

Dara looked at herself and saw that she was only wearing a large shirt and her face turned crimson red.

‘OMO!! I’M NOT WEARING BRA!! I’M ALSO JUST IN MY UNDIES!!~~ OTTOKE??’

 

~DARA’S POV~

 

I went to another room in the second floor where the maid led me. It was a dining area in the second room with a good view outside. The glass doors were widely open letting a good amount of fresh air come in.

It would be nice to have breakfast at a venue like this but remembering what happened a while ago, I don’t think I could swallow properly. Next time I sleep, I’ll definitely lock my door.

“Why are you red?”

I turned around and saw Ji Yong-ssi entering the room with a newspaper on his hand. I cupped my face consciously. ‘Who wouldn’t be red if the great, powerful, popular Ji Yong-ssi saw me only with a large shirt and underwear on?’

“Dara, sit.” I saw him looking at me then to the chair in front of him.

I sat. Forget about my dilemma in swallowing. After I saw the foods, placed on the table, I felt like drooling. The spicy aroma of the foods is just so mouth watering. I started to dig in.

Yum~~

“Here, eat this.”

I watched Ji Yong-ssi placed something on my bowl of rice. I really wonder if he did some research. Every time we eat, the foods prepared to me are always my favorite.

“Thanks Ji Yong-ssi.”

His expression changed again when he heard me say his name. I’m just being polite with a guy who’s a stranger to me. What’s wrong with that?

“By the way, CL, Bom, SeungHyun and Bae will be here later.” He said.

My face lit up. “Really?”

He nodded.

Oh my gosh. I miss my friends!!

 

~~

“Ji Yong-ssi… are you sure about this?”

It was my fifth time asking him that. I am sitting on the couch and he is standing in front of me.

“It’s okay.” He assured me. He took the scissors and held my head steady.

“But—“

“I wouldn’t do this if I can’t.” He said cutting me off. “The doctor said we can already take your head bandage off.”

“But—“

I’m still unsure of this. What if it’s still bleeding? What if it’s not healed yet? And does Ji Yong-ssi really knows what he’s doing?

“Relax Dara. I’ll just take it off.”

“B ―“

He sighed and I shut my mouth. Is he getting pissed off? It’s just normal to be nervous right?

“Trust me on this one.”

The way he said it was so calming.  His voice was a bit of pleading…? I’m not sure. He’s asking me to trust him. I could do that right?

“Okay.” I nodded and watched him get some alcohol. “Be careful.”

“If you keep on stopping me from what I’m doing I might cut your ear off.”

I looked at him horrified. What if he doesn’t really know what he’s doing? See? He even said he might cut my ear off!

“Don’t think too much. Geez, I’ll just take your bandage off. You’re making it too long.”

I sighed, “Fine. Since I trust you Ji Yong-ssi, go ahead, cut my ears off.” I dramatically lifted my head. I thought he was going to buy my dramatic act but he didn’t.

“If you say so.” He said.

I closed my eyes. I won’t move. I won’t move so he can do it properly.

“Done.” He announced.

“Done?” I peeked and saw the used bandages he was holding. “That was it?”

“Oh by the way, here’s your ear.”

“What?!” My hands unconsciously made its way to my ear.

He’s joking.

“Chill Dara. I thought you trust me?”

I gave him a look. After pranking me about my ear…

“Yeah. I trust you. I really do.” I said.

“I hope you mean that. Because I trust you that you’ll remember everything.” He said quietly walking away.

One reason it’s awkward to be with Ji Yong-ssi: He’s weird.

 

~~

Ji Yong left Dara for a while to do some things in his room when an unwanted visitor came in. The maids were forbidden to let her in the house since their master told them to do so but—

“Oh,” Dara looked downstairs. “It’s the beautiful girl in the hospital.”

“I’m sorry Tiffany-ssi, we can’t really let you in.” One of the maids tried to push her out of the house. One security guard was even at her back pulling her out.

“Um, excuse me,” Dara shouted from upstairs getting the attention of the maids and Tiffany from downstairs, “I think it’s okay to let her in.”

“But Dara-ssi, Master Ji Yong—“ The maid tried to reason out but Tiffany already made her way to Dara.

“Dara! I’ve been worried sick. You’re not calling me. How are you?” Tiffany hugged her tight. And of course, Dara was taken aback.

‘Why is she so informal with me? Do I know her?’ Dara thought.

“I-I’m fine.” Dara managed to reply.

They talked for a while but most of the topics were confusing for Dara. She doesn’t even know what Tiffany is talking about. She can’t remember the things Tiffany’s saying. However, Dara became fond of her easily. She’s so nice and not to mention pretty too. ‘Ji Yong-ssi and Tiffany-ssi will make a good pair together.’

“Dara, Bom and the rest are already on their way—“ Ji Yong stopped when he saw Dara and Tiffany talking. They were both sharing some good laugh when he entered the scene.

“What are you doing here?” He glared at Tiffany as he pulls Dara to his side, away from the so-called best friend of Dara. What if she does something to Dara? Tiffany could easily push Dara off the stairs and she could always deny what happened.

“Ji Yong-ssi…” Dara said unsure of what she’ll say. It seems to her that Ji Yong and Tiffany are not in good vibes.

“Ji Yong, why so tense? It’s just me.” Tiffany said smiling at him.

“Yeah.” He said in a low voice. “It’s just you.”

Tiffany chuckled, “Dara, let’s talk more.” She said going near Dara.

“She’s not talking to you.” Ji Yong blocked her way.

“Ji Yong-ssi, it’s okay.” Dara mumbled taking a step forward. Yet again, Ji Yong blocked them from each other.

“No Dara. You can’t talk to her.” He said still glaring at Tiffany who just smiles back at him that annoys him the most.

“C’mon Dara.” Tiffany said in an urging voice.

“I said no. Are you deaf?”

“Of course not Ji. We’ll just have a friendly talk. That’s all.”

Dara watched them as they exchanged looks.

“Dara, let’s go. I’m your best friend. Let’s chat for a while. I miss you sooo much!”

‘B-Best friend? I don’t even know her.’

 

“HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE HERE?!” The roaring voice of Bom from downstairs filled the whole area. Behind her were CL, and the two boys who were looking surprised to see Tiffany inside Ji Yong’s house.

 

~DARA’S POV~

I don’t know what’s up with them but what I do know is that I miss my group of friends so much! This is the first time they’re visiting me here. I can’t wait to talk with all of them especially Bom.

“BOMMIE!!!” I shouted and ran downstairs. I was midway when I felt an arm snaking around me.

“Ya, I said be careful. No running especially in stairs okay?”

It was Ji Yong’s arm placed around me protectively.

“Oh okay. Thanks.”

I quickly ran to Bom and gave her a bear hug. CL was also behind me. But the short happy reunion was temporarily cut off when Tiffany-ssi stood beside me. That was when the aura became so spooky.

“You have the guts to show your face here?!” Bom yelled at her.

“Bom, don’t yell at her. She’s actually nice.” I said and Bom gave me a disbelief look.

“You just don’t know Dara. You just don’t know.” Bom said. CL pulled me beside her so I’m not blocking Bom’s way.

Tiffany showed a confused look, “What’s wrong with you Bom? Dara’s my best friend. Of course I would be here.”

“What’s wrong with me?! Shouldn’t I be asking you that huh snake?! Pretending to be so innocent huh? Is that you’re game? Can I play with you? Wanna bet who’ll win??”

“Snake?” Tiffany looked at Ji Yong, “You told them?”

Ji Yong was not able to answer since Bommie answered for him, “Of course he’ll tell us. We’re his true friends! He tells us everything. You disgusting ! You have the guts to land your lips on Dara’s husb—“ SeungHyun covered Bom’s flaring mouth with his hand.

I thought it was only their fight. I guess not since my name was also mentioned. Moreover, it looks like I’m the reason of the fight. Did something happen while I’m unconscious in the hospital? ‘Cause I’m so confused right now.’

“OW!” We all looked at SeungHyun who’s hand has been bitten.

“Don’t even call her best friend! And never talk to her and say things she can’t even remember! Are you stupid Tiffany? Dara has a freakin selective amnesia!”

Everyone was quiet. They all looked accusingly at Bom except Tiffany-ssi and I. Bom mumbled a quick sorry. What? Is that a secret that should be hidden away from me? I was about to ask if I heard the right words—selective amnesia . I was about to ask if I heard it right but Tiffany beat me to it.

“She has what? Selective amnesia? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because you’re not worth it. You might even take advantage of it. So get out before I scratch your face off.”

Tiffany left unmoved. Even I stood frozen.

“Get your off here. You think I’m joking about scratching your face? I did it to Ji Yong, who is very important to us and I won’t hesitate to do it to you. I’m also in the mood to scratch faces right now.”

That was when Tiffany-ssi went out. She’s a bit shock as I am.

 

After Tiffany-ssi left, I guess it’s the time they tell me the truth.

Tbc.