The Gift

Lovemesia

 

 

[DARA'S POV]

 

 

 

“A test?? As in major test???” I asked with fear looking face.

My heart dropped when Gyuri nodded.

“Didn’t you study?” SungMin asked.

“Wouldn’t I be this surprised if I knew about the test?” I slumped on my chair and when I was about to bring out some of my books to at least “study a bit” Mr. Jang came in.

“So, shall we start?”

I looked at all of them and they all nodded like they really came prepared.

Why? Why me???

“You all better do well or else if any of you fails, he or she won’t be able to come to our university’s annual trip in Jeju Island.”

“J-jeju Island?” I heard myself mutter those words hopelessly. Luckily no one heard how pitiful I am at the moment.

When the paper was finally handed to me I was at least expecting the questions to be easy but it was not! All I could do was reread the questions all over again but to no avail, no answers in my head. I guess the beach trip was too relaxing in the mind that lessons too were taken away in my head.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

After lunch break, the test results were already out. Not really surprised that I failed. Goodbye Jeju… *waves hand*

 

“Can you tell me what’s up with the face?”

I looked up and saw hope! “Bae!!”

He stared at me, “Okay… so what happened?”

I told him about my epic fail test and he only laughed at me. “You do know that I could ask Mr. Jang to let you retake the test right?”

Wah…talk about powers in school.

“Jinja????” I almost jumped in my seat because of the hope he had shed upon me just now. Oh thank you dear Lord!

“Yep yep. And just to make sure you pass this time around” he stood up and knelt in front of me like I knight presenting himself to a princess, “let me do the honor of being your tutor.”

“Bae!!! Thank you so much!!!!” I gave him a hug when something or rather someone pulled me away from Bae.

“Hands off please.”

I saw the scary look of Ji Yong and I didn’t even have the guts to complain from taking me away from Bae.

“Oh Ji.” Those were the only words I could muster.

From his dark looks, I could tell that he lightened up a bit when I called him by his name with no formalities at all. And with that, I couldn’t help but smile. Shame on me!

“Oh hey man.” Bae greeted, “Should get going.” Bae packed his things and set off.

 

 

 

 

 …

 

 

 

 

 

[Ji Yong’s POV]

 

 

 

 

It’s only Bae. I reminded myself to make me keep calm but at the back of my head, a voice keeps on telling me that, yes it is Bae, the first love of Dara. Ugh. I couldn’t help it okay? At least I have the right to get jealous. I’m the freaking husband here. Like hello? Mr. Legal.

But still, thank the Lord I was able to restrain myself from doing anything harsh when I saw Dara hugging Bae. Sigh. Since she still can’t remember me, I couldn’t do anything but weep for now whenever she’s with boys especially with Bae. :<

 

“What’s up with the hug?” I asked. Do I need to remind everyone that I’m Mr. Legal? I can still ask right?

“What hug?”

This girl! “With Bae.”

“Oh that!” And then she only looked at me. I already asked her right?? It’s as if she wants me to continue. If only I don’t love her I would have already squeezed the life out of her.

“What’s behind the hug with Bae?” There. I sound like a freaking jealous boyfriend.

“Bae volunteered to be my tutor!!” She chirped cutely.

“What? Tutor???” I bursted while opening the car door for her. When I got in, I continued with my ramblings.

“I just couldn’t reject him. He’s already the light shed by God.”

I looked at her dumbfounded. “Are you really Dara??”

“Look Ji, he’s helping me out. He’s the only one willing to help me pass the test.”

“What about me?”

She stared at me whine and I quickly fixed myself.

“What do you mean what about you?”

“I can’t believe you don’t even consider asking for my help. We’re only rooms apart. It’s easier if I were your tutor.”

There was silence. I turned around the curb and had a quick glance at her. She was making this E.T. sign. She does that when she’s shy.

“I’m shy.” She confessed.

“I thought awkwardness was long gone?”

“I know. But you’re like the smartest student in school. How’s that?”

I looked at her. I wanted to tell her, ‘Look who’s shy. You even  bully me for being a smart kid.’

“And besides, you’re busy.”

She had her eyes still on her fingers.

“But it would have been better if you were really my tutor.”

I bit my inner cheeks to prevent myself from smiling. When we finally reached home, I parked the car and she waited me outside the door.

Before even the maid could open the door, “Later after dinner, let’s start with your Math.” I told her.

I turned my back on her and I almost fell face flat on the floor when she came hugging me from the back.

“Thank you so much!”

Oh baby girl. You would really be thanking me when you find out about my surprise for you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Knock Knock” I heard Dara from outside my room.

“Knock Knock too.”

“Hey! Open the door already.”

I smiled and got myself to open the door for her.

“Are you ready?”

She pouted uneasily. “Can we just start with English…or Science…not just Math please?”

“Okay.”

Her eyes lit up but before she could even utter a word I cut her off, “Math it is.”

I watched as dropped open. “Thanks” She sarcastically said.

“Sit.” I patted the chair next to me.

After making herself comfortable in her seat, I took out the math problems I made just for her. But since I love her too much, “If you’re able to answer even just one of the problems here, I’ll give you a gift.”

 

“A gift??”

I nodded. “But if none at all, bye bye gift.”

“Aisht. You’re testing me!”

“I am.”

She looked at me with determined face. “Let’s start.”

 

 

After attempting to teach her all the possible way I can, she still can’t get the lesson. I stared at her as she tried her hardest to scribble down equations in her paper with so many erasures on it. I sighed. She’s hopeless.

She’s smart I know. With the other subjects she excelled with, no doubt about it. But Math? Every day I tutor her Math after we got married since I am the one who’s already responsible with her studies. But she’s really HOPELESS. But it’s nothing to me really. I enjoy every moment with her minus the numbers that would always be the cause of our little arguments.

 

 

“Ji!! Why is it wrong again?!”

“Maybe you miscalculated…for the nth time.” I told her as I sat back relaxed on my chair with arms crossed over my chest.

“I will never get this!” Dara said pushing her things away.

“If you don’t have patience okay?”

“Aisht!” Dara stood up and got her things from the table.

“Where are you going?” I asked her authoritatively.

“Outside! I give up on this!”

“Fine!” I shouted back.  “But don’t you go crying on me tomorrow if you fail your test!”

“Don’t worry I won’t!”

 

The next day…

 

I plan to ignore her because of the argument we had the day before. How could she just give up like that? After all the nose bleeding lessons we’ve been through?

I was just about to finish shaving facial hairs when Dara came in hugging me from my behind.

“What?” I coldly told her as I finally wash my face.

Dara still had her head buried on my back and it’s irritating the hell out of me.

I turned around to give her a minute of scolding when her crying face welcomed me.

Look who’s crying now.

“You failed.” I stated.

“T-teach me again” she told me while sobbing.

I sighed, “I don’t like it when you ask me something while crying.”

I hate it because it breaks my heart seeing her cry.

I watched her wipe her tears away. She looked at me with teary eyes but still trying to manage a small smile, “Teach me please?”

“Fine fine.” I pulled her in a hug.

“I love you.” She murmured.

“And I love you too. Just don’t go walking out just because you lost patience okay?”

She nodded, “I’m sorry ‘bout that.”

 

I was expecting her to do the same thing with what happened before but it has been an hour of solving yet she didn’t even complain.

Finally I heard her sigh. “I guess I will never even solve one of the problems.”

She had her head hung low. I smiled. Cute.

It was not a surprise at all that she really did not get even one right answer.

“Are you sure you won’t try again?” I asked.                                                                                          

“It’s okay. You’ve been teaching me the whole night and it’s embarrassing already to not even answer these problems. You’re already exhausted I could tell. You should rest. Sorry for uh…wasting your time.”

I stared at her like she was crazy. From my memories of her it’s either she walks out when she doesn’t get the lesson or she force me to stay me awake all night just to teach her until she understands.

“But I thought you badly want to go to Jeju?”

“Someone told me that Jeju won’t go away.”

I tensed knowing that it was me when we had the same discussion about going to Jeju. She was pregnant that time so even if she failed, I didn’t allow her to, saying that there will still be next time.

“Who told you that?”

“I kinda forgot already.”

My shoulders dropped. I was hoping…

“Anyway, I should go back to my room. It’s already late. Thank you for your time.”

She bowed and closed the door. I know in her mind she was really aiming to get the gift I told her I would give. She looks so gloomy that I can’t stand it.

After waiting for hours just to be sure that she’s already sleeping, I sneaked inside her room and placed my gift on her bedside table.

“You spoiled brat.” I said while staring at her.

“I love you babe.” I whispered in her ear and kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

[Dara’s POV]

 

 

 

 

No classes today. The university gives time for everyone to pack for their one week vacation and the university itself is also preparing for the upcoming activities they would do in Jeju.

Okay I admit I super duper envy them. I just don’t want to force myself anymore to pass. If I didn’t then I didn’t. I don’t want myself to look bad if I fail the test again so I informed Bae that I won’t be taking the test.

I took my time in the shower and got any dress I had my hands on. It turned out to be a floral dress. Great. Just great for my mood today. But since I don’t want to look that gloomy in front of the people, I decided to add some light make up on. Done.

I went out in my room to have breakfast when Ji Yong came beside me with Sunnie in his arms. It turned out he was waiting for me to go out of my room so that we could all dine together.

“Nice look.” He commented as if he knew exactly what I do when I’m not in the mood.

Sunnie made an agreeing sound, “See, even our-“ whatever he was going to say, he stopped instead, “Sunnie agrees with me.”

“Thank you.” I smiled.

 

 

While eating…

 

 

“With the way your face looks right now, I guess you’re not that excited about my gift?” Ji Yong asked me while reading newspaper. I swallowed my food and showed him a confused look though I know he’s too consumed in reading news about business.

“What gift?” I asked him. From what I can remember, I failed to answer his Math exercises last night so there’s no way I would have that “gift”.

He folded the newspaper and placed it beside his plate. He looked at me with a stern face. “Did you look at your bedside table?”

“Ah…no.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Yong was at the terrace watching her daughter play with the maids at the garden.

‘Ah~ why is my daughter so cute?’ He thought and his heart swelled up with pride thinking that his daughter would grow up as a very beautiful lady one day. How proud could he get?

 

“AHHHH!!! KWON JI YONG!!” He heard his wife shout outside. There were rigid steps until it stopped.

“KNOCK KNOCK!” Dara shouted in a merry tone.

“Door’s open.” He said smiling widely as he knew that his gift made her happy just by her voice. When she came in however, he turned around to look down at the garden again just so he could hide his smile. He hears her coming closer and when he turned around to meet her face, he was caught off guard and he was sure she was too, when their lips met. At normal circumstances like this, he would’ve hugged her waist closer just so he could have shower her with his kisses but he knew well enough that he’s bound to restrain himself for awhile.

He pushed her gently and saw her face turned a dark shade of crimson.

“I-I’m s-s…” She stuttered shyly.

“It’s okay. Nothing happened.” He said though he could still feel her lips pressed on his. It still feels different than those stolen kisses every night he had with her. It would be hard to convince himself that nothing happened but at least he has to convince her.

“Nothing happened.” Dara repeated and as if nothing really happened she jumped to him giving him a hug.

When she let go, she raised the plane ticket in her hand. “Is this for real??”

After finishing their breakfast Dara quickly went to her room and found a plane ticket just beside her alarm clock. She was guessing that it was a plane ticket to Jeju but when she read it was actually a plane ticket to Japan!

“Well as you can see it’s in your hand right now so…”

“Aigoo!” She hugged him again. “Thank you! Thank you so much!! Even if I didn’t understand any of the lessons last night you still gave me this!!

“I already bought it so it’s obvious that I’ll really give it to you and besides I wouldn’t let you retake the test. I can’t stand to see you have a hard time answering.”

She knew he wasn’t being sarcastic. He was just being his usual “I like to spoil a lot.”

“But when did you plan this?”

Ji Yong hesitated if he should tell the truth. He’s been planning since before to have Dara by himself so that he could finally help her remember. At first he was planning to take her to JeJu Island since he promised her before that they would go there but when he knew about the university's trip, he decided to just take her in Japan instead at the same time the whole student body will go to Jeju so that the both of them wouldn’t have to risk leaving studies for a week. At least in Japan he’s sure there would be no interruptions.

“A week ago.” He lied.

“I’m hoping I’m not going alone right? I don’t know Japanese. I’m not familiar with the place. I can’t—“

“Don’t worry.” He assured her. “I’m coming with you. Sunnie too with the other maids.”

Dara sighed in relief. “I’m so excited for this.” She squeaked.

‘You don’t know how much I’ve been waiting for this trip just to get you alone.’ He thought.

 

 

 

......

a/n  i'm welcoming the pebbles that will be thrown at me any time (please not just big rocks kkk^^ ). i'm such a lazy kid for not updating. oh well.. i know you guys still love me *wink wink* 

And I have a new fic!!! of course it's still daragon ;> please check it out. subscribe okay?? Kwon Ji Yong the death god.