Chapter ELEVEN

Lovemesia

 

Chapter 11

 

Dara had never felt so light waking up in the morning.  She doesn’t even want to open her eyes but the hot, even breaths tickling her neck made her to. She looked around and her confused face turned into a smile upon remembering that she spent the night in Ji Yong’s room.

Her eyes landed on Sunnie who’s already awake and was playing  with Ji Yong’s phone. The baby didn’t notice her as Sunnie just had her attention on the phone she was holding. Dara chuckled when she saw the baby’s eyes widened in amusement like she discovered the most interesting and amusing thing in Ji Yong’s phone.

Dara was too immersed in watching Sunnie that she was oblivious to the man sleeping behind her whose arm was even draped around her waist.

Dara chuckled once more at Sunnie. She would never get tired of watching the child. Dara feels that watching the baby had once been one of her daily routine.

She felt something strong and heavy tightened around her waist. She looked down and realized it was a man’s arm. “Ji!” She giggled like it’s the most casual thing to say and react after finding out that she’s sleeping with a guy who’s even inhaling her soul out of her body. Upon realizing what she just said, Dara gasped and covered . ‘Did I just say his name…?! And why for heaven’s sake did I make that embarrassing sound?! What’s happening to me??’ She was too concentrated on her thoughts that she didn’t even budge to get away from Ji Yong.

 

….

 

 

Ji Yong heard a light chuckle and he knew immediately that it was from Dara. He was still in a daze from sleeping that he just did the usual thing he does to Dara ever morning. He tightened his arm around her.  He completely forgot that Dara has selective amnesia when he heard her say his name with her sweet voice and laughed heartily.

“Hmmm.” He mumbled oblivious to the girl who sat frozen beside him. “Good morning babe…” He said huskily and after that, placed his lips on her cheeks lightly before dropping his head back to his pillow.

Dara didn’t know how to react. ‘Did he just call me babe? No no no. Maybe he’s dreaming of someone else…but…but he even kissed me on the cheek!!’ Yet again, Dara was lost in her thoughts that she didn’t care that Ji Yong’s arm was wrapped securely on her waist. But why does it seem that I’m not surprised at all? I’m not expecting him to kiss me but… I don’t feel anything. I should be kicking him now but look, I don’t even care that I’m still around him. Okaaay.  But what if he’s  just mistaken me for someone else? Ouch. Now that thought has more effect on me than the kiss. I don’t even know why!!’

 

Dara looked at the watch on the bedside table and saw that it was already eight in the morning. She tapped Ji Yong’s arm lightly. No matter how she force herself to feel, she can’t even get mad at him for waking up with the position they’re in now. Thinking that maybe she’s just lacking courage to kick him out of the bed for kissing  her on the cheek, Dara tried to think of  ways to muster up some courage to do it.  She tried to get mad at him by thinking that maybe he sleeps with a lot of girls that’s why he’s doing it but try as she might she cannot do it. Something inside her says that the action done by the man sleeping behind her was intentionally for her.

Dara tapped his arm lightly again. She had a feeling that Ji Yong didn’t like harsh ways in waking him up that’s why she chose to be gentle. Also,there’s nothing to be violent about even though Dara’s aware that he’s currently hugging her tightly and that he even gave her a peck on the cheek awhile ago.

“Hmmmm…” Ji Yong stirred in his sleep and instead of waking up, he pressed his face on Dara’s hair, inhaling her strawberry scented shampoo.

“Uh…errr…Ji-Yong-ssi…”

“Not now Dara. Let’s just sleep for *yawns* awhile more.” He said and slept again.

Dara’s world has momentarily shaken for a moment. He…did he just mentioned my name…? Then… does that mean…aaaahhhh!!! He’s fully aware that I’m the one he said ‘babe’ to and even kissed? AHHHH!! THIS WILL BE AWKWARDD…. But deep inside, Dara feels giddy about the things happening to her.

Dara was having a hard time waking up Ji Yong. She doesn’t know how to properly wake him up since he keeps on making her go back to sleep also. He’s even saying weird things about her as if he knows everything about Dara.

“Babe, just sleep. You’re the one who *yawns* likes sleeping right? Hmmm…”

 

“Ottokhae??” Dara mumbled quietly.

Luckily, Ji Yong’s phone rang. Dara looked at Sunnie and the baby was smart enough to know that it’s a call for her father. Sunnie crawled to them and climbed up to Ji Yong. She placed the ringing phone on Ji Yong’s ear. Dara just had to chuckle at the cute baby staring at Ji Yong.  Finally, the latter opened his eyes and realized that it was his phone that woke him up. He was too sleepy to notice Dara and Sunnie staring at him. He rolled out of Dara and sat at the edge of the bed.

“Hyung?” He asked in a rasped voice.

Ji Yong’s face turned into a frown. “What? Text messages?...No. I was asleep. Actually, you just woke me up... How could I send you unreadable text messages?”

There was silence. “Uhuh.” Ji Yong looked at the other side of the bed where Dara was and on her lap was a grinning baby. His face calmed. “I think I know who sent you those 30 messages. Sunnie must’ve been playing with my phone while I was sleeping…uhuh…you want to talk to her?” Ji Yong then motioned for Sunnie to go to him. With excitement showing on her face, the baby climbed on top of his lap and laughed cutely while hearing TOP’s voice talking to her. Sunnie was enjoying listening to TOP too much that both parents just had to stifle their laughter. Once their eyes met, it seemed that time had stopped for the both of them yet again. Ji Yong had totally forgotten about Dara’s condition and treated her like the usual thing he does.

 

“D-ah…can you get the Polaroid on my closet?” Ji Yong asked her sweetly. He wanted to take picture of Sunnie’s first tooth appearance. Dara complied immediately to avoid being awkward with him. She stood up and walked away as fast as she could.

Ji Yong was smiling from ear to ear feeling ecstatic to wake up beside hera gain since after the accident ―Wait up! He thought. And it finally occurred to him that Dara still had amnesia and the things he had done and said to her earliermust have been awkward for her.  He even asked her to get the camera inside his closet.

Ji Yong stood up and readied himself to follow her. How could she even know where the camera is if she can’t even remember their room? He was about to stop her and say sorry that he asked her to get something that she doesn’t even know where she could find  when he saw that Dara was going on the right direction.

He watched her open the walk in closet. He was expecting her to rummage around to find what he was asking  her to get but to his surprise, Dara went straight to one of the drawers where they place their cameras like she knew exactly what she was doing. When Dara noticed that the drawer was locked, Ji Yong was about to in but then again, it shocked him seeing that she went to one of the boxes where the keys are and got the right key. She went back to the drawer and finally got the Polaroid camera. She smiled and stood up when she noticed Ji Yong standing beside the door watching her, she smiled at him and politely handed him the camera.

“Here you go.” Dara smiled.

His hands were shaky. “Have you been here before?” He asked.

Dara shook her head no and when she realized what he had meant, she gasped. “I swear I have not been here. Oh my gahd! How did I know where to get that?!” She pointed at the camera accusingly.  “I promise! I don’t know. I-I’m confused. How did I know exactly…” Dara covered with her palm. “My mind just told me where…”

Ji Yong stopped her from saying anything else. “It’s okay. I was just surprised.”

Oblivious to Dara a curve tugged at the end of his lips.

 She’s remembering.

 

….

 

[Dara’s POV]

After eating breakfast, Ji Yong-ssi decided to take Sunnie out to get some fresh air. It was still early in the morning and the sun would do well for the health of Sunnie.  I decided to tag along.

“On second thought, I think we’ll just go to the beach.” He said.

I was surprised of course. Nothing could be more awkward than a long ride with him after what happened early this morning. Just imagine my shock after he kissed me on the cheek and even mentioned my name completely aware that he’s beside me…a visitor in his house! It doesn’t even end there. I didn’t know how I knew where the Polaroid was but I found it. Even got the key of the locked drawer from a box which Ji Yong-ssi told me a while ago was a secret box. True enough, it was hidden under a pile of folded clothes.

 

I leaned the car seat a little so that Sunnie could lie down on top of me. The little princess was in deep slumber the entire drive to the beach.

Unlike those days that Ji Yong-ssi drove like a madman, this day was slow and careful. How could he transform from a carefree guy from a fatherly man? Wow. Hands down. He’s doing a great job.

 

It was a school day (Yes, we decided to ditch school) so there aren’t many cars on the road. Mostly at universities. We arrived at the beach early.

Unfortunately, Sunnie was still asleep.

We walked near the shore. It feels so good to be in here.

“Everytime Sunnie’s mother learns that someone is sick, she would always make sure that they go to the beach. She says air in the beach is good for the health.”

Totally like me.

“I did tell you she’s a freak right?” I heard him say. I gave him a face and he laughed at me. “Cute.” He said and took the baby away from me.

We walked more and the baby stirred awake. She wanted to go down and play with the sand but we, Ji Yong and I, knew that she would only dirtied herself. So the baby just stayed in her father’s arms. I laughed when Sunnie made cute annoyed sounds.

We both sat on the sand looking far at the ocean when we heard distant noises. It’s quite a racket they’re making but I knew quite well that it was Bom, CL, SeungHyun and Bae.

True enough, when we turned around, it was them with picnic baskets on their hands.

“OMO! OMO! OMO!” Bom came running to us. I got Sunnie from Ji Yong-ssi after standing up.

“Well, well, well, friends!” Bom turned her head to the side, “Guess who’s here!!!”

I saw Ji Yong-ssi rolled his eyes. “Bom, you’re too loud.”

“Oh well. What are you both doing here?” She told us. Oh and Sunnie also!”She beamed when she spotted the little princess on my arms.

Before we could answer, Sunnie reached her arms out for Bom  and she willingly took Sunnie from me.

“Sunnie is sick.” Ji Yong-ssi told Bom.

“Ah…that’s why you decided to take her here.”Bom said as she made faces to Sunnie making the baby laugh.

“Well, that’s what her mom would exactly do if she was here.”

Bom and Ji Yong-ssi shared a knowing look. I frowned.

“Oh, just like our Dara here. Oh how I remember when she we were sixteen and she found out I got colds and quickly, she asked her driver to take us here.”

“Bom…” I gave a warning look. You’re being too loud again.

“Have a date?” SeungHyun asked us when they approached us.

“What?” I asked. “No way.”

I looked at Ji Yong-ssi for back up but he just shrugged his shoulder playfully while smiling at SeungHyun.

CL and Bae smiled teasingly at me.

I have a feeling (just a feeling!) that they’re trying to make me feel something I should feel. And no doubt… (I hate to admit it) they’re doing a good job.

What am I feeling? Oh, I just get attracted more to Ji Yong-ssi which I suppose I can’t since he already has a baby and a wife.Sad story…

“What are you doing here anyway?” I asked the four of them.

“No school today…Emergency meeting.” Bae answered while chewing a banana.

“Guess what… we brought someone…from the U.S.”

Ji Yong and I both frowned.

“Hyung!!! Noona!!!”

“SeungRi?!” Ji Yong-ssi and I said in unison.

I looked at Ji Yong-ssi. He knew SeungRi too? Well I guess he’s really in our circle of friends.

Just when SeungRi was about to jump at me, Ji Yong-ssi blocked him from me.

Instead of hugging me, he hugged Ji Yong-ssi instead. Even had his legs around Ji Yong-ssi’s waist like a tarsier.Wait but he’s a panda…so a tarsier and a panda…hmmm. I know! A pansier? Nope? A tarnda perhaps? OMG seems like I’m lacking wit today. Alright never mind what I’m thinking…

I chuckled. Well, that’s cute.

“Aww… hyung wants a hug.” SeungRi said and hugged Ji Yong-ssi more. Sunnie laughed at the cute sight in front of her.

“Hey get a room!” CL shouted.

SeungRi dropped off Ji Yong-ssi and turned to CL. “Someone’s jealous!!!”

“Oh please.” CL rolled her eyes.

“Here I come!”

“Ya- don’t come near me. Ya!”

But SeungRi ran after her.

“SeungRi around…noisy environment.” Bae said still eating.

I smiled. Being around them makes me complete. Also Ji Yong-ssi of course. I had gotten used around him.  

 

 

 

[JI YONG’S POV]

 

It was a relief to know that SeungRi was already informed about Dara’s situation. I blocked him awhile ago fully aware that he’ll blurt something that might blow our cover.

Dara gave me an unbelievable look when I took out a picnic basket from my car.

I planned it. I wanted to tell her except the part where our noisy friends entered. We were suppose to have a family picnic. FAMILY picnic meaning me the father, her the mother, and Sunnie the little princess, just us three…THREE…but what else can I do. They’re already here.

“The maids prepared this not me.” I defended myself when she looked at me suspiciously.

“I didn’t say anything.” Dara said innocently.

“Just saying.”

SeungRi opened the basket that I brought and showed it to everyone. They freakin’ rejoiced to the food that I brought. It was their long time favorite.

“You brought it! You brought it!”

“What’s with the food?” Dara asked. Oh if only she has her memory now, she would also be rejoicing with them now.

“Italian… Mexican… Chinese… and a lot more.”

See? I really did prepare for this! Please friends! Not now when I’m making a move on Dara :<

We were in chaos while eating. It’s just like when we were in high school only now there’s a baby with us who’s probably enjoying every bit of attention every one’s giving her.

“Ice! I forgot the ice!” SeungHyun shouted.

“Wae??!” The rest screamed.

“We can’t live without ice!” Bom added in almost too dramatically.

“Ya! Stop shouting!” Dara shouted.

“NO ICE! NO ICE!” SeungRi kept on whining. CL hit his nape and he stopped instead turned his attention on CL. CL for once regretted hitting SeungRi.

Among us, Bae and I were the meekest. Yes meek. Who dares disagree?

I stood up and volunteered to buy ice at a nearby convenience store.

Dara followed me and said she wanted to take a walk around.

“I don’t know if I should apologize for them or you already knew how loud they are.”

“I know.” I said.

“Oh. I guess you’re really a secret member of our circle huh?”

“Nope. Not a secret member. You’re just not aware.” I said obviously teasing her.

At our backs, our friends shouted, “TAKE YOUR TIME!”

I mouthed ‘Okay’ to them and they winked at me. I turned around before Dara could even notice me mouthing words to them.

“What do you mean I’m not aware?” She asked again.

“I don’t know. Find out for yourself?”

“That’s unfair!” She whined. I stared at her and she quickly fixed herself.

“Dara, you don’t have to be awkward around me. I miss this side of you.”

Slipped something again. Stupid mouth!

Before she could even answer, I dragged her way out at the high way.

She looked at me confused.

“There was a truck.”

“You seemed to have a phobia to big cars.”

“Only trucks and it’s not a phobia okay?”

She nodded like she understood. “Okay, let’s make a deal.”

“Deal?” I’m liking this.

“I won’t be awkward as long as you also be yourself. No deep sighs, no frowns, no spacing out.”

“I couldn’t help it.”

“You have to if you want us to get along well.”

“Us to get along well?” I chuckled. Dara, we were more than that.

“Okay. That’s a deal.” I finally said.

It feels like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. Of course not entirely. I’m just happy that the wall between us was now gone. We’re friends! Imagine, friends. I don’t know if it’s just me and my sarcasm but who cares.

“Should we ditch them?” I asked.

“The ice…”

“Ice can wait.” Our friends will get it if we’re gone for too long. Take our time. Oh yes we will. Definitely.

 

“Eew, what’s that?”  I followed where she was pointing and saw the restaurant that offers aphrodisiac food. That’s the restaurant where we ate long ago just to make Sunnie. You all know the story already.

“You wanna eat there?”

“NO!” She said wide-eyed.

I looked at her smiling. “No?”

“No.” She said in a tiny voice.

“Kill joy.”

“Well at least we’re not awkward now.”

“Don’t try to change the subject. Let’s go.”

When we entered the restaurant, it was no surprise that there were lots of couples inside. The ahjussi found us a place with the best view of the ocean. He was the same ahjussi who welcomed us when we ate here.

Dara made a disgusted look at the people who were eating the weird food. It was priceless!

“So, Dara, shall we order?”

“Err. No thanks,” She patted her tummy “I’m full.”

“Oh no you’re not. My treat.”

“You’re teasing me!”

“No!” I said but I guess it showed that I’m lying because of my smile.

“Fine. You’re challenging me.”

I raised my shoulders. “Oh well.”

 

The exact same thing happened when she ate the soup long ago. She had a hard time chewing it. I had already finished my food and still, she was chewing with an unreadable expression.

“You know what?”

Dara looked at me.with her questioning eyes, I knew she wanted me to go on.

“When it’s hard to chew a meat, it’s because it is old.”

I saw her eyes widen and she choked.

“Ya!”

I went near her and handed her water. While she drinks, I made sure to rub her back.

“You!”

I moved back, “Me?”

I guess she would’ve said ‘You will be the death of me!’ like she usually say to me whenever I would play a prank on her but whatever she was about to say, she stopped. Her eyes widen in realization. “This… this…”

“What?” I asked her in worry.

“This has already happened before!” She declared with her eyes wide open, just like one of those eureka moments.

“Well, that’s not a surprise.”

“This isn’t déjà vu?” She asked, now with her eyebrows furrowed and a small pout forming on her lips.

“I don’t know. How would I know?” I acted to not know anything about it. But deep inside, I was teasing her to remember.

“Of course you should know!” Her tone almost accusing.

I stared at her flabbergasted. I was startled inside. She was sure that I know.

“What made you think so?”

I ask pulling out answers from her.

“I saw your face. You were eating with me.”

“Imagination?”

“No. It can’t be. It looked so real.” She explained.

“Well, whatever it is, just keep calm about it.” I said.

But in my mind, Well, whatever it is, I’ll just celebrate in my mind… Just keep remembering and I’ll do the teasing.

 

While walking back to the beach, Dara was still too immersed in her new found ‘imagination’.

“Dara, stop thinking about it.” I told her because ever since we left the restaurant she had this frown on her pretty face and her eyebrows were furrowed as if she was trying to remember.

“No. I can’t. You were there.”

“Maybe it’s from your past life.” I cracked a joke.

She gave me a stern look (which only proves she’s keeping up with our deal) “Past life? Modern clothes? Gelled up hair? Designers clothes? Very modern and handso—“ She stopped and pouted pretending to think about awhile ago.

“Very modern and handsome face.” I finished her sentence for her with a wink.

“Fine. You are.” She huffed not looking at me.

“Thank you beautiful D.”

She gave me a look again. “D? Were you the only one who calls me D?”

I gave an innocent look. “What are you? Special?”

Her face dropped I nearly laughed. Of course I am the only one who calls her D!

“But…”

“Everyone calls you D.” I lied.

“I don’t think so.” She said in a faltering tone. “This is making my head hurt!!!”

Once she said that her head is aching, I dropped the act. The last thing I want her to feel is stress. “Okay, I’m the only one who calls you that. So what?”

“Really?”

“Uh-huh. So again… So what? You call me Ji  too…” I told her nonchalantly.

“There’s a voice inside me, calling me D.” When she said it, she blushed like she remembered something embarrassing or worth giddy-ing for. Whatever it was, I don’t know. From what I can remember, I did a lot of things to her that made her blush a lot. I don’t know which. Do I need to elaborate? The deeds! The DEEDS! Or maybe endearments or name callings or cheesy lines.

“If it’s you” Dara fakingly glared at me, “I’m so gonna be disappointed.”

She walked away and joined our friends in cleaning our mess.

“What do you mean ‘if it’s you’?” I ran after her thinking about the meaning behind her words.

“Nothing.” She said not looking at me. I could hear her muttering, "Who is he exactly? I can't remember."

I'm quite certain she was pertaining to me. I guess it had already hit her that we had already encountered from the past. All we had to do is to make her discover what we are in the past.

I smirked at her actions. Oh baby what am I going to do with you…Fine suit yourself then.”

 

-----

As expected... another late update T.T lazy me. oh well oh well.I have a confession to make, I'm confused! HAHAHA! I'm already confused. grrrr. 

BTW, have any of you guys already watched the trailer of the movie "The Vow"?

It's like lovemesia but..yeah. I'm kinda stressed out about it. I swear I don't know anything about it but it really seems like lovemesia. but swear (for the second time) I didn't copy it. =)))) there. I said it. Now I'm burden free. ;D Sorry. Just to stressed out about it. But I'm not gonna watch the movie. I'm scared that I might have the same ideas in that movie. kkk. Anyway, this is so random.

Back to lovemesia, hope you like this update!! I'm so sorry if I'm confusing anyone. I'm confused as well. *selective amnesia...grrr.*

WHO'S BACK? BIG BANG! SO gonna wait for them ;p

and to those twitter people out there! follow meh! it's on the foreword :))

 

ADIOS AMIGOS/AMIGAS !!