Chapter NINE

Lovemesia

a/n so i decided to make a double update :))) here's the second chapter of my double update. love you guys!!

=======

Chapter 9

 

Dara’s POV.

9:00 AM

“Good morning Miss.” The maids greeted me and I smiled back.

“Excuse me? Where’s Ji Yong-ssi?” I asked one of the gardeners named JinSoo.

“Sir Ji Yong left early. He said that his father needs his help in their company.”

“Oh, thank you.”

 

It’s only 9 am!! What should I do now? I went back to my room and saw Yoon-Ah fixing my bed.

“Good morning miss.” She greeted and bowed at me. I bowed back a little.  She placed something on my bed and left the room. I realized it was a uniform. I examined it. Not bad for a private school. I hope I wouldn’t look lame on it. Daegung University is a private university. It only means that any student could do anything they like since they pay for the school.  The only ones who wear uniform are those from building 7-II A which is my building.  Students there are those with special needs and they are required to wear uniform so that people could easily be identified.

It wouldn’t hurt if I try. And yay! New environment. I tried to cheer myself up. I heard that my new building shouldn’t be underestimated. People there, even though disabled, excel in a lot of areas that’s why I’m so nervous right now.

I looked beside the uniform and noticed my bag! My bag! I opened it and nothing changed. Still the same. I can’t believe I missed this thing that I used to hate carrying the most. My bag!!

 

I finished my breakfast quickly, took a bath and changed into my uniform. I stared at myself in the mirror. Who would have known that I was hit by a truck weeks ago?

I smiled at my reflection. No matter the reason why I got hit by that truck, I don’t care as long as I’m alive. I’ll love my life a little bit more. I grinned at myself. I look like a high school girl with this uniform.

I wonder if people would take me seriously if they see me like this. I’m sure they’ll make fun of me and treat me like a kid with my petite body that looks like a stick (as they say) and my short height. Sigh.

 

I had just finished texting my friends that I would be coming back when I heard HyeSun’s loud cries.  My heart jumped in worry and soon I found myself standing on the doorway to her room. The maids had just finished bathing her and they’re having a hard time putting clothes on her.

“Let me do it.” I volunteered and in no time, she was all dressed up. I handed her to Yoon-Ah and went out to get something when I heard HyeSun cry again.

“Aaw…you miss mommy D don’t you? You miss her?” I heard Yoon-Ah baby-talking HyeSun before I opened the door. She stopped when she saw me. I saw Yoon-Ah tried to hide her shocked expression.

“Uhm,” I stammered, “since I still have a lot of time, I think I’ll just take care of Ji Yong-ssi’s daughter.”

I don’t know if the smile they gave me was from happiness that they will have a break from a wailing child or because they were happy for HyeSun being with me. But nonetheless, I was more glad to be taking care of Sunnie.

I told the maids to continue with their chores but in a polite way since I am also just a guest here. But they quickly obliged to what I said.

HyeSun’s cry lessened as she rested in my arms. She then played with my phone. I would gently pull my phone away whenever she tries to put it in since it’s dirty and then she would make this puppy eyes and I have no choice but to give it back.

When it was time for her to eat, the maids took her away from me and I saw how Sunnie’s eyes become watery and I know enough that she would cry again. I don’t really expect her to stop crying whenever I would get her from the maids but still, I just want to carry her. I don’t care if she cries so loud and throw tantrums as long as I am the one near her.

So, I took the liberty to feed her. She was quiet when I was the one feeding her. She looks so adorable while eating!! Her toothless mouth is so cute!!!

I tried to make her rest for awhile after eating but she insisted on playing with me. Hopeless I was to babies especially this one, we went to her playroom. Though she still can’t talk, I know she was trying to impress me with her cute pink playroom. She raised a little doll and showed it to me.

“Wow!” I showed an amused face. “What great doll you have there!”

As if she understood what I said, she giggled and hugged her doll before giving it to me.

I pointed at myself, “Me?”

She nodded her little head and urged me to get it. I had to laugh at this. I saw her trying to stand up so I assisted her, scared that she might fall down but she only pried my hands off. She managed a few steps before falling on her . I thought for a moment that she was hurt and I began to get worried but instead the little one smiled and looked at me as if waiting for me to praise her.

“Wow!” I clapped my hands, “you can walk already!” I gathered her in my arms and began raining kisses on her cheeks.

As soon as I stopped, Sunnie proudly looked at me and I laughed. Ji Yong-ssi is definitely not like this. Maybe she got this from her mother. Aigoo. How cute could her mother be?

We played a for bit more but upon realizing that I would be late for school if I stayed more, I handed HyeSun to the maids’ care but her little arms quickly clung to my neck as she vigorously shook her head ‘no’.

“Baby~ I have to go to school.” I explained but as stubborn as she was she still held on my neck. I mouthed ‘help’ to the maids and they carefully removed HyeSun away from me. Hearing her cry pierced my heart but I really have to go to school now. Reluctantly I went downstairs and tried to avoid her gaze but through my peripheral vision, I can see her little arms wide open waiting for me to get her.

AH! OTTOKE?? I don’t wanna see her crying like that but I don’t want to be late for school either.

“Oh, Sunnie stop crying please. Look I have a toy…” Jana, one of the maids, tried to entertain Sunnie but she cried still. I can hear the other maids trying to appease her but they were unsuccessful.

I took a deep breath and stopped by the door. Leaving Sunnie crying like that is just not right and I know it. I feel like even though I’m not related to this baby I have a responsibility to her.

I returned to the crowd of maids who are entertaining Ji Yong-ssi’s baby and got Sunnie from Yoon-Ah’s arms.

“But Miss you have classes today. “ They reminded me.

I sighed as I caressed HyeSun’s back to stop her from crying.

Suddenly an idea popped into my mind. “I know. So please just prepare some of HyeSun’s things and also give me a baby carrier.”

They all looked at me with shocked expressions but soon afterwards they got me what I needed and Sunnie  was safely tucked in the baby carrier. Mr. Kim was already waiting for me outside the car and when he saw me with HyeSun in a baby carrier, his chinky eyes went wide.

“You’ll take our little princess to school?” He asked.

I nodded. “It seems that she stops crying whenever I’m around.”

“Very true.” I heard him murmur before smiling at me.

 

….

 

Sunnie was still sobbing when we rode the car. I gave her a bottle of milk which Jana prepared for her a while ago. She finished it in one go and proudly showed the empty bottle to me.

 

“Wow~~” I praised her.

 

We have already entered the university gate when I noticed that HyeSun was already asleep. Her face is a mix of her father’s face and maybe her mom’s face. Dang! Her mother’s face must be really beautiful. But the stubbornness, gosh, it definitely beyond doubt came from her father. This little one just would not stop crying until she knows I’m with her.  If that is not stubborn I don’t know what is. But oh well she’s still adorable just like her fa ―what the effing hell Dara? What are you thinking? Stop! Stop! Stop!

 

 

The place was packed with students since its already afternoon. It would be great to hang out with them like the usual but unfortunately, I was transferred at the farthest building. The population of my new building is really small. Since it’s the farthest building, only few pass by there. I’m still happy. I can concentrate on my studies. There weren’t many distractions and I swear my new building is very peaceful. Can you believe it each classroom has only ten students! That’s why it is called “Special Department” because the professors’ attention is only divided to ten students.

 

“Miss Dara, we’re here.” Mr. Kim announced.

I thanked him first before going inside. As I have predicted, the environment here is more peaceful that the rest of the university.

 

“DARA!”

I turned around and saw Bom, CL,Bae and SeungHyun heading my way. They slowed down when they saw me carrying HyeSun.

 

“Uh… why is HyeSun with you.?” CL asked as she looked at the sleeping baby inside the baby carrier.

I sighed as I began to explain to her. “She cries when it is not me carrying her.”

“I wonder why.” I heard SeungHyun say in a sing song voice and Bae nudged his side.

 

I wanted to ask where Ji Yong-ssi was but I was too shy to do that. Knowing them, they would tease me endlessly especially Bom. I remembered liking a guy back when we were in middle high and Bom teased me to death. I swear I was this close to strangling her then.

“OH SHIZ! What time is it?” I didn’t wait for any answer since obviously, I’m already late. I guess HyeSun wouldn’t mind if I leave her under my friends’ care for awhile. I hope she just sleeps until I get back.I just want to see her beautiful face when she wakes up.

 

Bom gladly took HyeSun away with the trio trailing behind her. I sprinted my way to my new classroom and silently thanked the heavens that class has not started yet. I sat at my new desk and gave a few minutes to appreciate my new classroom.

‘This.Is.Amazing.’ I thought. My old classroom was the normal type.  Whiteboard, AC, books shelves and desks. But this one? My old desk is nothing compared to my new one which even has my name plate on it. It was like being inside an executive office room.  I thought before that this building is the cheapest building but it was actually beyond spectacular! What more for the building 5-1 A building or “Executive building” as everyone calls it? I heard that that is the building where the outstanding students stay. I heard that that was Jiyong’s building.

 

I was still taking in my new surrounding when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked beside me and saw that it was a girl so beautiful like a goddess. OH MY GOSH. I want to cry just seeing her face! She waved at me and I couldn’t even lift a hand to wave back at her.

 

“Hi.” I managed to say.

She smiled again and did a lot of hand signals. That was when I realized that since I’m here in the Special building, the people around me are special as I am having selective amnesia.

“You’re mute?” I asked careful not to offend her.

She nodded happily and took my hand to shake it with hers.

“Nice to meet you also.” I said though I have no idea if she was greeting me.

I watched her as she scribbled down something on her cute notebook and showed it to me.

“I’m so glad I finally meet you! You’re so popular here in our building! OMG! You’re so beautiful up close!”

This goddess is actually praising me. I am so flattered! So my popularity hasn’t died down huh?

Suddenly, a very cute guy, who was sitting beside me interrupted our silent conversation.

“Eh, Gyuri, making friends with Dara-ssi huh?” He teased Gyuri. So that’s her name. She playfully slapped his arms.

“Hi. I’m SungMin. And this very ugly girl is Gyuri.” She made a face and he laughed it off.

I smiled and formally introduced myself not forgetting that they can call me by my name.

At first I thought that there is nothing wrong with SungMin but he is actually on a wheel chair.

 

The class had finally began and I formally introduced myself to everyone. Everyone meaning 8 students excluding me and our professor, so in total, the population of this class is 9 which I somehow found really cool.

I realized that my classmates are all close with each other. They were even teasing each other. They look so positive. And they are all so hospitable that they included me as they goof around. I haven’t had the chance to get to know them although since we were dismissed early which was sad but I can always do it tomorrow. I bid goodbye to them and to the girl with the same name as Ji Yong’s daughter.

“Bye Go HyeSun.” I waved at her.

She waved back at me. She is also mute just like Gyuri. Gosh! They are all so pretty!

 

 

I was still a few feet away when I already heard HyeSun crying. My circle of friends were all sitting around HyeSun at the park near our building. They gave me their ‘tired’ and ‘I give up face’ when I got HyeSun from SeungHyun’s arms.

“How’s baby HyeSun?” I asked and she cuddled sleepily in my neck.

“Ya~Ya~ look at this baby! Now she’s acting sleepy just because she’s in her mothe-“ Bom quickly covered when CL slapped her in the arm.

“What Bom meant is that HyeSun is liking you as a mother.”CL cleared.

“Jinja? Is it true? Is it true Sunnie?” I asked her chuckling. Somehow I felt glad about that.

“Did you just call her Sunnie?” Bae asked.

“I just feel calling her that.” I explained nonchalantly as I held little Sunnie closer to me.

“I hope it wouldn’t take long now since it looks like she’s slowly remembering stuff.” I thought I heard one of them said as I shift my attention to HyeSun. Where they talking about me? But then again perhaps I just misheard them. Yeah that’s probably right, I just misheard what they were talking about. However, at the back of my mind I still feel that I was the one they were talking about. I mean hello I’m the only one here who lost her memories right? But what is it that I said that made them think that way?

 

............

Ji Yong’s POV

 

As much as I want to go to school with Dara today, I couldn’t. Father called me early this morning about some investorsand little did I know that it was actually a surprise meeting with the Japanese investors. I wasn’t prepared and silently cursed at myself, however the urge of seeing Dara in school made me just want to get the meeting done. I couldn’t actually believe it at first but we closed the deal earlier than expected so I get to see Dara sooner than I thought. I went to school and realized that Dara’s class would start in the afternoon. I remembered her face last night or should I say a while ago since we already slept like 3 AM in the morning because of HyeSun.

That night Dara was really bothered that I was the one who took care of her school stuff. She was worried that she’s becoming a burden to me and that she was only adding to my problems which she wasn’t of course. She’s my wife even though she cannot remember  it yet and she would never ever be a burden to me. However even though I already assured her that what I was doing was okay and it’s no problem at all that I was helping her, she still apologized for the supposed to be “inconvenience” she was causing me. From what I remember, she was even the one who would constantly bug me to help her out about school whenever she would have problems.

 

 ~~flashback~~

 “Ji!!!”

Ji Yong looked up at the loud girl who just went inside his study room. He made an irritated face but actually, he was happy that she’s finally home. He’s always in serious mode when he’s alone and it was boring for him. He would smile whenever he would hear her loud voice from downstairs indicating that she’s already home. He’s alive again.

“What?” He asked putting down his paper works.

“I need your help.”

“I knew it.” I said and picked up the paper I was reading a while ago. I want to see her try to make me help her.

“Ji! Help me please!” She begged.

“If it’s about your failing grades, I won’t help.” I said sternly.

She was quiet. “B-but you know I’m pregnant! Of course I would really fail some subjects since it’s hard for me!”

“Exactly.”

Ji Yong wanted Dara to take a break from school for a while since she’s pregnant. He doesn’t want her to stress herself out with her school works and he just wanted her to rest but his wife’s just too stubborn and said that she could still handle it. They had an agreement that once she fails two subjects she has to follow what her husband wants and take a break from school.

“But Ji! Just this once and I promise to stop my studies at once!” She asked again now wearing her puppy dog eyes.

Ji Yong got curious of what made Dara so desperate in asking for his help.

“What’s the problem?” He asked keeping his stern voice.

Her face lit up and she began to explain in her very own dramatic way so she could persuade him. “I failed a subject and my professor said that I can’t come with them in Jeju Island. All the students who failed needs their parents or guardians to sign this paper indicating that they’re allowing us to go. Ji Yong! Please! I really want to go!!!” Dara begged.

He sat there for a minute contemplating on her dilemma. “No.” He finally decided.

She gasped with his decision and looked at him in horror. Jiyong tried his best not to let out a chuckle since she looked like a kid who has been told that Santa and unicorns do not exist.  However, Dara being Dara, her expression changed immediately. “Fine. I’ll ask my parents instead.” She said seemingly unfazed by him.

“You can’t. You’re married to me, so technically speaking, it is my signature that should be there not theirs since their signatures are not valid anymore.” He explained to her.

Realizing that he was right and she really doesn’t have any choice Dara turned to him again, “Then sign this! Please Ji?”

“No can do.”

“Please? Please?”

“No. And nothing’s going to change my mind.” He told her as he left and only stopping to give her a wink.

She growled in annoyance but chose to bother him more so he would sign her permission form. Yup she is now a woman with a mission and she wouldn’t take no for an answer! So with full determination she followed him in their bedroom and started bugging him again. “Ji! Just a sign! A sign! Help me with this one and I’ll promise to be the best wife you could ever have!” She whined.

Ji Yong turned at her, “Dara, you don’t have to be the ‘best’ wife” he quoted, “because you’re my only wife. You have no competition here.”

If she weren’t wishing for him to sign her form she would’ve already rejoiced and started giggling like crazy but then again she’s a woman with a mission and she need not be distracted!

Dara stomped her feet childishly, “Then why won’t you sign this?!” she said waving the crumpled paper in the air. She must not show him frustration or else he wouldn’t sign it! She told herself as she tried to keep her cool.

To pacify her, he grabbed her down on the bed and made her sit on his lap. He then started to explain his reasons on why he doesn’t want to help her out with her problem.

“Okay, I’m sorry to disappoint you.” He apologized first seeing that Dara really needed his help and him rejecting her made her really emotional (more emotional seeing that she was pregnant and her hormones are going berserk).

He took her hands in his. “First, you said you want to go to Jeju Island with your class. Do you realize how far that is?”

“I know.” She scowled not getting his point.

“You do also know that it would take you a few days away from me right?” He asked her his voice gentle.

She totally forgot about that one. She bit her lower lip when she realized that she can’t even handle being too far for him for a long time.

“Second,” he continued, “the reason why I want you to stop attending school for awhile is because I don’t want you to be too stressed out. I want you to relax and just think about the baby. Of course I wouldn’t agree to the idea of you doing a lot of activities in that island. Third, you’re four months pregnant. It’s very dangerous for you and our baby.”

And with that, Dara sighed. Ji Yong could really feel how sad his wife is.

Dara rested her head on his shoulder and played with his fingers. “I guess I just really have to follow you and I’ve also  decided to stop my studies for a while. I should really think about the health of our baby first. But our class’ trip  would really have been fun…” Her voice trailed on.

“Ya~ don’t be too disappointed about it. Jeju island would still stay there no matter what.”

“What do you mean?” She asked  looking at him.

He smiled playfully as he tried to cheer her up, “We’ll just go there instead after you give birth to our baby okay?”

Dara got teary eyed and jumped onto him. “You’re really the best!!!!” And kissed his lips repeatedly.

“You know we could do 'it' even though you’re pregnant. He said giving her a wink before he took her lips to his.

"Why you naughty boy." She chuckled before kissing him back.

 

~~end of flashback~~

 

Classes went out on a blur and before I knew it the bell had just rung indicating the end of the school day.  I started walking to Dara’s building when I saw her talking to the gang.

I couldn’t help but to smile upon seeing her but then what I saw next made me smile even more. She was carrying our little girl in her arms. Perhaps our little Sunnie gave her mom a hard time with her crying issues that’s why Dara decided to bring  HyeSun with her.

“Oh Ji Yong.” Bae greeted me.

“Hey,” I greeted back.

They gave me teasing looks before they decided to leave our family alone.

“Hey, I’m sorry if I brought Sunnie here. She just won’t stop crying if I’m not the one carrying her.” Dara started to explain.

‘You lucky kid. Getting your mother’s full attention.’ I thought staring at Sunnie who was smiling at me the whole time.

 

“It’s okay.Don’t worry about it. It’s actually nice that she gets to leave the house every once in a while.“ I told her and saw HyeSun reaching out for me. I took the giggling Sunnie from Dara’s arms and kissed her on the forehead. She started giggling more after that. I rolled my eyes and Dara chuckled.

“Looks like Sunnie is a fan girl of her daddy.” Dara and as if understanding what she just said  the baby giggled again hugging my neck.

The teasing and giggling ensued as we reached the car. Girls.

 

========

a/n what do you guys think?? I did a double update since I know I owe you lots for not updating for so long.

Thank you iellee unnie for helping me out with this one. People!! I invite you to read iellee unnie's fic, dreadful mistake!! 

I love this fic so much and I promise that I will never abandon this.

Subcribe peepz!! And comment please!!

follow me on twitter

follow me on tumblr