The Garden of Rain

Fairy Godmother the Badass?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s face was getting closer and closer to her face. She couldn’t break free from his intense gaze and when she felt his breath against her lips she closed her eyes tight, anticipating. She could feel the gap closing in when she suddenly felt a drop of water on her head. She opened her eyes in confusion meeting a pair of brown eyes that was equally confused. She felt another drop of liquid, this time on her face. She slowly opened her hand, palm up feeling another drop of liquid from the sky. She turned back to Woohyun who was now standing up extending his hand toward her.

“We need to go.” He said. She grabbed his hand and slowly got up. Soon more drops started to fall from the sky. They started to walk quickly toward a gardener’s shed. As soon as they were couple steps away from the building, it started to pour. They quickly ran towards shelter. By the time they reached the building they were soaked. Luckily the shed was open and they quickly walked inside.

“Sit here.” He said pointing to an empty chair near a large shelf at the back of the shed. She sat down with her arms wrapped around her, shivering. He was suddenly in front of her with a small heater. He turned it on and walked away again. Ha Neul sat, looking around the shed. It was very cozy and well organized. The shed had an earthy smell that wasn’t unpleasant and could see varieties of flower seeds stacked up on a shelf on the other side of the shed. For some odd reason there was a giant standing mirror near the door.

“Here.”

She looked up to see a towel before her.  She timidly took it “Thanks.”

She started to dry her hair and her body. She noticed that he was still standing in front of her and looked up questioningly.

He looked uncomfortable and a bit embarrassed.

“You’re going to catch a cold in those wet clothes. I found some overalls so take your wet clothes off and put these on.” He said holding out the overalls staring towards the wall with a slight blush.

Ha Neul looked at him with wide eyes. “But, umm, I—“                                                                                                

“It’s ok, the shelf next to you is pretty big and if you stand on one side and me on the other, we can’t see each other at all. I checked and it’s better than you catching a cold.” He said still staring towards the door.

She took the cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter