Heart-shaped Boxes... What Day Is It Today?

From Ex-Friends to Boyfriends

 

If you didn't see Mynn's update earlier today, read it~~ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! ♥

 

Ricky sighed as he stepped out of his house to go to school. He looked out into the street and his eyes widened. Were... Were those the girls that were students at his school?

 

He watched them, curiously, as they happily walked down the street, boxes and cards in their hands.

 

"What the hell?" Ricky quietly said to himself as he watched them. "Why are they all bring boxes with them?"

 

He squinted and focused on the boxes. "Are those... Hearts...? What the heck...? Is it L.joe’s birthday or something?"

 

Ricky shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked to school. Soon he saw more and more girls with gifts and sweets. Was it a holiday today or were they all just crazy? He gave all the passing students a weird look, but they all ignored him. They were way too excited for something… Was there a school event…? Hearts… Why? Ricky stopped and stood there in confusion.

 

“Why…?” he muttered to himself, asking the same question over and over. “Did I miss something? What day is today? It’s only… February something… Is it the thirteenth today? Twelfth…?”

 

Ricky started to slowly walk again after snapping out of his thoughts. I need to get to school, Ricky thought. Maybe I’ll learn what today is there. He looked around and all the girls were gone. He shrugged his shoulders. “I guess they already went to school while I was spacing out.”

 

“Ricky-ah!”

 

Ricky turned around and his face brightened. “Hyung~”

 

“Let’s hurry up and get to school,” Chunji slightly tugged on Ricky’s arms.

 

“Wait. Chunji hyung, do you know what day it is today?” Ricky asked, curious. Chunji hyung probably knows, Ricky thought. “Because I saw all these girls… They were carrying boxes, flowers, and stuff.”

 

“What day is it today…? The fourteenth or something like that,” Chunji answered unsurely. “And boxes? Maybe it was for their projects or something? Let’s hurry up and start walking!”
 

Ricky nodded and started to follow Chunji who walked ahead. He looked towards the ground thinking about his hyung’s statement.

 

“But… They were holding heart boxes. Project…?” Ricky mumbled. “I don’t think so. I didn’t hear of any project… Today is… The fourteenth...?”

 

The two approached the school. Today it’s especially loud… Ricky thought. Then his eyes widened at the crowd of girls pushing him away from his hyung. The fourteenth… February the fourteenth… Oh god. It was Valentine’s Day.

 

“CHUNJI OPPA!!!” The girls squealed as they shoved their gifts into his face. “PLEASE ACCEPT MY CHOCOLATES—DO YOU WANT TO—I MADE SOME—WHAT DO—I LOVE—CHOCOLATES—“

 

Chunji put on a smile, mentally trying to count the amount of girls in the crowd, which was not as easy as you think. So today was Valentine’s Day… Chunji thought.

 

“Thank you girls, but—“

 

Suddenly there was a roar of voices. Chunji turned towards the gate, trying to looking over the sea of girls around him. Of course it’s him, Chunji thought. Why else would half of all the girls at this school burst out screaming? Why the hell is he insanely popular anyway? He’s ing rude.

 

Many students surrounded L.joe, making his eyes go wide. He stood there stunned, but cleared his throat and quickly snapped out of it. “Get out of my way.”

 

L.joe pushed passed the crowd and headed inside the building although a trail of fans still followed him closely. He growled him frustration.  I guess I’ll have to collect these for the competition… he thought bitterly. I totally forgot today was ing Valentine’s Day. God, I wish I skipped…

 

---

 

 

Chunji smiled at the girls in front of him, thanking them for the bought and homemade gifts the fans shoved at him as he struggled to hold all of them. Many fell out of his hands, falling to the ground. The girls immediately picked them up only to once again push them towards their idol.   

 

“Hyung, we need to get to class!” Ricky yelled over the crowd. I almost forgot he was there, Chunji thought. … He didn’t already go in?

 

“Ricky-ah, can you help me with these? … Girls, can you please pass the rest to him?” CHunji politely asked knowing he couldn’t possibly hold anymore.

 

“Yah, hyung!” Ricky yelled before being trampled on by the students wanting to get their gifts seen by their idol. “I can’t hold all these!”

 

“Let’s go to my locker and see if we can fit these in there,” Chunji said then politely asked the fans to stop.

 

“Yeah because these will totally fit,” Ricky said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. “And an elephant can fit in my sink.”

 

“Yah, we have to try,” Chunji yelled, struggling to keep gifts from falling. “We can’t carry these around!”

“Hurry then!” Ricky replied as he started to walk slowly. “I don’t want to be late for class.”

 

---

 

“Oh my god.”

 

In front of them was the pile of chocolates Chunji set down to open his locker. But beside it was a pile of letters. That were all shoved into Chunji’s locker.

“Why are you so ing popular?!” Ricky screeched in frustration as my let the things in his arms fall to the ground. “What are we going to do with this mess?!”

 

“… I don’t know. This year is even worse than the previous years…” Chunji stared wide-eyed at the pile.

 

“Really?” Ricky chuckled bitterly. “Then what are you going to do about them?” Ricky pointed to the group of fangirls with their gifts still in their hands. Chunji turned to them and smiled.

 

“Just leave your gifts in the pile and don’t be late for class… I promise I’ll open them all later,” he said as he watched the girls all listen.

 

Ricky stared at the growing pile. “Well…”

 

Chunji looked at him with pleading eyes.

 

“… You’re on your own.” Ricky started to walk away to his class. Chunji quickly grabbed him and pulled him back.

 

“You are going to help me with these,” Chunji stated. “Whether you like it or not, you aren’t escaping from me.”

 

“Why?!” Ricky whined loudly as he stomped his feet on the floor. “These aren’t even mine! I’m not the insanely popular one here, you clean it up!”

 

“Come on!” Chunji begged. “Aren’t you my best friend?”

 

“If that means helping you clean this up… No.”

 

“Yah, Ricky! Help me,” He demanded, desperate.

 

“Chunji hyung!” Ricky continued to whine. “I’m late for class now!”

 

“Well it’s too late to change that,” Chunji said. “So instead you are going to help me find somewhere to store these things.”

 

“Didn’t you shove them in your locker last time?” Ricky asked. “Well your locker and mine.”

 

“Do you really think it’ll all fit this year?” Chunji raised a brow as he gestured over to the treats and enveloped stacked up high.

 

 Ricky stared at the piles. “… No, but we could try?”

 

Chunji sighed. “Why are there so many girls in this school? Oh and by the way Ricky…”

 

“What hyung?” He looked up at him.

 

“You do know once I get these home you’re helping count these, right?”

 

“NO WAY HYUNG!” Ricky yelled. “Are you CRAZY? You count them!”

 

“HELP ME!” Chunji pleaded.

 

“NO,” Ricky yelled. “I at math!”

 

“You don’t need to be good at math to help me count!” Chunji replied.

 

“Yes you do. Counting is part of math, I’ll lose count!”

 

“You are helping me and that is final. If you dare lose count I will lock you in my room, without food, and you will count every single one again by yourself fifty times,” Chunji threatened.

 

“Hyung~” Ricky decided to just whine- arguing was getting him nowhere. “These are your gifts!”

 

“Yes they are mine,” Chunji said. “They’re my gifts that you will count.”

 

“Fine,” Ricky grumbled in annoyance, knowing he couldn’t win.

 

“Good!” Chunji brightened, knowing he won. Then he looked back at the piles. “We have to get these somewhere else before class ends if we don’t want to get in trouble.”

 

“… Where do you think L.joe keeps these things?” Ricky wondered aloud.

 

“Like I care,” Chunji rolled his eyes. “He probably hasn’t even accepted any yet.”

 

“Hyung… Why do you accept these even though you don’t like any of those girls?” Ricky asked suddenly.

 

“Well, it’s nice,” Chunji simply replied. “L.joe will probably accept the letters to tally up his confessions, but still. The people put a lot of effort into them.”

 

“Whatever you say hyung~” Ricky replied after hearing his explanation. “Let’s just hurry and get these things out of the hall, they’re tripping hazards.”

 

Chunji sighed, glancing over. “Should I just call my mom over? She’s at home anyway…”

 

“And piss her off?” Ricky said. “I’m not going to be here if you do. Do you even remember last year when she had to get out and carry these things to the car? I doubt she’ll help you again after she almost fell over all the boxes on the ground, I don’t think she wants any more bruises.”

 

“You’re right,” Chunji sighed. “Let’s shove some in my bag, some in our lockers, and carry them home…”

 

“Are you sure all of them will fit…?”

 

“I supposed we could eat all these chocolates to make the journey easier-“

 

“No way!” Ricky cried out as his eyes grew wide. “Have you seen how many heart-shaped boxes are here? I do not want to be throwing up chocolate all week!”

 

“Then we’ll have to try putting all these away somewhere and bring them to my house,” Chunji replied.

 

Ricky’s eyes widened. “WE’LL? I am NOT carrying these all the way to your house! Do you even know how far away our house is?!”

 

“Ricky-ah, please?” Chunji asked for help. “I’ll give you some chocolate.”

 

“Made by those crazy fangirls? No thanks,” Ricky crossed his arms.

 

“You said you’d help!”

 

“I didn’t mean I would carry these to your house!” Ricky argued.

 

“You are a liar; you need to help me carry these! …Please?”

 

“First of all,” Ricky started, changing the topic. “Let’s get some of these back into your locker…”

 

Chunji just sighed as he kneeled down, shoving the letters into his bag.

 

---

 

“CHUNJI OPPA!” the girls came back after the bell rang.

 

“Oh my god,” Ricky muttered as he stood beside Chunji.

 

“Hi,” Chunji put on a smile.

 

“DID YOU SEE—I MADE YOU THE—CAKE, DID—“

 

Ricky looked passed the fangirls and grinned. He walked away from the crowd. “Changjo!”

 

“Oh hey Ricky,” Changjo smiled. “Why are there a group of girls standing around that locker?”

 

“Chunji hyung,” Ricky simply answered him. Changjo nodded in understanding. Then Ricky suddenly had an idea. “Hey Changjo, after school could you help Chunji hyung and I being home his gifts?”

 

“Sure,” Changjo easily accepted as he smiled. 

 

 

Really? Ricky thought, surprised. He’s really nice…

 

 

“Thanks,” Ricky warmly smiled at him back. “Let’s hurry and get to our classes, I don’t want Chunji hyung to make me help him. I had to ditch class for him!”

 

Changjo chuckled. “Let’s go.”

 

---

 

“Ricky-ah~” Chunji called out as school ended.

 

“I know I know,” Ricky sighed as he walked with Chunji to his locker. “You know I got another helper for you.”

 


“Really…? Is it Niel?” Chunji guessed as he opened his lock. “Because if he’s helping, I don’t know how the heck you got him to.”

 

“No, not him,” Ricky replied. “Yeah, like Niel would ever help us with carrying all this.” Ricky gestured over to the now dropped red hearts. “I got someone much kinder.”

 

“Who…?”

 

 

“Ricky, I’m here to help,” Changjo kindly waved as he walked over. He stared at all the chocolates at his feet. “Wow… That’s a lot of presents…”

 

“Oh, hello Changjo,” Chunji greeted him, now getting the answer he wanted.

 

“Hello sunbae!” Changjo bowed. “I’m here to help you bring these to your home.”

 

“Thank you,” Chunji smiled. “Let’s start by trying to carry all of these.”

 

---

 

“Thank you so much once again,” Chunji said to Changjo as a pile lay in his front yard. “You can go home now. You two Ricky-ah~”

 

“Bye hyung!” Ricky waved.

 

“Bye sunbae,” Changjo politely replied.

 

“Don’t ever try to ask me for help next year, I am never doing this again,” Ricky called out to him as he slowly walked away.

 

Chunji chuckled. “You know you’ll have to.”


“I know…”

 

---

HELLO EVERYBODY~~! ^_________^

IS THIS LONG ENOUGH? IT'S OVER 2,000 WORDS!~ WOOOOO~ Lol xD This chapter may be a little different from my other ones (in format, etc.) cuz... Well, I typed it on my computer rather than on my iPhone! Yay...?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!~ ♥ Or single awareness day for me...

(For the U.S. at least, lol xD)

Yay... I am... Forever alone... TT~TT Woo for being single! Lol xD

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this update O u O

And... I LOVE U SUBBIES~~~~~~~~~~~ HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

*HUGS* Sorry if I made you uncomfortable again... I like to hug people O u O Do u like hugs? Lol xD

Thank you all and Happy Valentine's Day!~ I hope you had an awesome one! Even if you're single like me...! Lol xD Being single is awesome, humph. :P

I'm not sure if this update is good or long enough, but if it isn't... I'm sorry! TT~TT I'LL TRY HARDER NEXT TIME!

How to other authors do this?! It's so hard getting a long chapter... I think I write a lot, but then I scroll up... OTL

Is this author note too long? I'm sorry... TT~TT *CRIES*

ONCE AGAIN, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY~! (Did I spell that right...? O_o I'll have to check...)

BYEE~~~~ ♥ SEE YOU NEXT UPDATE~

-Yena815 ~ ^^