What Were You Talking About?

From Ex-Friends to Boyfriends

 

 
 
Ricky looked over at his hyung, who was looking into the distance. Ricky turned around and then back at Chunji. He continuously turned his head until he finally confirmed what he was looking at. 
 
"Niel hyung," Ricky whispered. Niel hummed and turned his head towards Ricky. "You don't think he's thinking about that, right?" 
 
Niel glanced over at Chunji, who was still lost in his thoughts. His facial expression gave it away. Niel sighed. "I think... He is." 
 
"Why?" Ricky looked at him, sad yet slightly angry. "He shouldn't be thinking about that bastard." 
 
"How would I know?" Niel mumbled as he studied Chunji. "Why can't he forget about it? Like he said, L.joe is just a back stabbing jerk." 
 
"I don't know, maybe he's-"
 
"Ricky- Hey, what are you two talking about?" Changjo interrupted them, curious. He set his chopsticks down and put all his attention on the two.
 
"Nothing!" Ricky and Niel both said, hastily. Changjo looked at them suspiciously as he narrowed his eyes. 
 
"I know you guys were talking about something!" Changjo said. "Why can't you tell me?"
 
"We weren't talking about anything!" Niel insisted. "Come on, we wouldn't lie to you."
 
"... But you're lying to me now."
 
"No we aren't! We weren't saying anything, You're delusional," Ricky quickly responded. "Trust me." 
 
Changjo was looking at the two, back and forth, skeptically when he fully processed what Ricky had said. "Yah! I'm not delusional!" 
 
"Don't you believe me?" Ricky blinked. He tried to convince him that they weren't keeping anything from him, as he also pouted. 
 
Changjo opened his mouth to speak, then shut it again. He finally sighed and replied, "Okay, I won't ask about it anymore and I'm not delusional, but all act as if I didn't hear you two." 
 
Ricky slightly smiled and went back to eating, not without worriedly glancing at Chunji now and then. 
 
---
 
What are Niel and Ricky hiding from me? Changjo thought as he finished his lunch. He glanced over at the two, packing their bags. He then glanced at Chunji who was still slowly eating, yet staring out into the distance.   
 
Changjo sat there, confused. Why would Ricky hide something from him when he was the one who invited him over? He sighed. Of course he wasn't actually their friend, he couldn't be trusted with their secret, they barely knew each other. 
 
Suddenly many students stood up, all knowing that lunch would end in a few seconds. 
 
"Chunji hyung," Niel said, trying to get his attention. 
 
"E-eh?" Chunji was caught off guard. "Oh, Niel. What's up?"
 
"Nothing," Niel replied as he grabbed his bag. "Just wanted to tell you that lunch is about to end."
 
"Oh, sorry," Chunji smiled. "I wasn't paying attention."
 
"I can tell... You didn't even finish your lunch."
 
Chunji looked down at his food. "Oh yeah, huh? It's okay, I'm full." 
 
"If you say so hyung..." 
 
That was a complete lie. Chunji's stomach didn't even feel half full. 
 
Well, my stomach is going to be bothering me all throughout class, Chunji thought bitterly. I shouldn't have been thinking about him
 
Lunched ended and the students all crowded around the doors, filling the hallway. Changjo slowly grabbed his bag and stood up, taking his time. 
 
"Changjo, you know where you're going, right?" Ricky asked as he stood by Changjo.
 
"Yeah," Changjo replied as he kindly smiled. "Thanks for asking."
 
"Good!" Ricky put on a bright smiled. "I guess I'll see you later then!"
 
"Bye," Changjo waved at Ricky who basically ran out to his class. Changjo shook his head and chuckled as he watched. Ricky was just too hyper sometimes, even if it was only about class. 
 
 Well, he was a bit hyper for as long as he knew him, which was only two days but... That wasn't the point. 
 
But what were Ricky and Niel saying...?
 
Changjo shook his head again, getting rid of any thoughts still lingering on the whisperings he wasn't told about, and quickly walked to the location of his class... Which he hoped he still remembered. 
 
---
 
"Niel!" 
 
Niel looked around, confused. Did he just hear someone call his name? When he didn't see anyone passed the swarm of people he shrugged his shoulders and took another step.
 
"Hey Niel!" The voice came again.  
 
Niel spun around as he heard his name being called again within the crowd of people. He smiled when he saw who he was expecting to be there. 
 
"Hello CAP sunbae," Niel politely said, slightly bowing. "What do you need?" 
 
"I thought I said to call me hyung," CAP corrected him. "And I just wanted to apologize for L.joe's behavior."
 
"It's fine, but... Why are you apologizing for him?" Niel pouted. "It's not your fault."
 
"Yeah, but still... He's my best friend and he was very... Rude," CAP replied. 
 
"Yeah...  Why- I mean, thanks for apologizing...?" Niel replied, controlling what he said. What he really wanted to say was, 'Why are you friends with that rude jerk?' But he decided against, seeing that they were best friends. 
 
The two stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say, for a few more seconds. 
 
CAP looked around and cleared his throat. 
 
"A-ha... Well, I guess I'll see you around?" CAP awkwardly said as he looked around at the students going to class. "You should get going to class."
 
"Yeah... You should too sun- hyung," Niel smiled as he started to walk and wave. "Well... Bye!"
 
"Bye," CAP replied as he stood there, watching Niel walk away. 
 
---
Hi~ I didn't post yesterday because... I emailed the chapter to Mynn for her opinion, but apparently she was at a sleep over, so here it is! It's a pointless chapter, that will probably contain many mistakes, considering the fact that I do all of this on my iPhone and yeah.... Hope it was ok, lol.