Ch14 Her Dream

His & Her Story

‘What is your dream, Jihyun-sshi?’

This question time to time will be received by Jihyun when she got interviewed. Never get old, or perhaps those people just want to know or just don’t get any other question. Or perhaps it because she never give a direct answer, so, they keep on prying. Most of the time Jihyun give small smile as if return the question to them, then leave it hanging without known by the interviewer.

Surely she can lie about it, but Jihyun never felt need to, as long as she can avoid, it will be enough.

What dream got to do with life, she just need to work hard and eventually everything will come to her and become hers. Just like what she does now. Hardworking not by dreaming. She lives for the present. Past will becoming her strength to welcome the future.

There's no need dream, because for Jihyun, dream won’t give anything good for her. Beside the last time that dream not come true, even it’s just a small dream. Just leave her with sadness. So dream is something that Jihyun doesn’t need.

“Okay, you need to tell me,”

“Tell you what oppa?” Jihyun look at Key puzzled.

“Oh, don’t even lie to me, Nam Jihyun. I know you very well,”

“I am not lying.” Jihyun laugh seeing Key put his finger in front hew face and shake a little bit too fast.

“That you’re dating now,” Key’s eyes almost popped in Jihyun’s mind. And after hearing Key’s statement, her eyes will do the same.

“What?! Dating? Who? Me?”

“Off course it’s you, who do you think? Hyuna? Gosh!  As if I am blind, that kid already fall in love like crazy with your cute manager,”

“Eh?! Hyuna and Manager Jang? Eiiii,” Jihyun poked Key arm playfully.

“You too oblivious!” Key give Jihyun his smirk that mean ‘you really dumb!’ “Anyway, come on, tell me!”

“Tell you what, oppa? I really don’t understand,” Jihyun put her sweet smile even though she knew Key won’t fell into, but she can try. In her mind, it all goes crazy, how Key oppa know about her meeting with Hyungsik. Jihyun so sure no one saw them yesterday, she even didn’t say a word to Hyuna about she’s meeting with Hyungsik.

“Lee Jonghyun,”

“Lee Jonghyun?”

“Are we playing idiot game today?” the tone from Key’s voice show annoyance.

“What’s with him?”

“You are dating him right?”

“What? No!” Inside Jihyun felt so relieved, it’s about Lee Jonghyun not Park Hyungsik. So, everything still in its place.

“Really? I don’t think my source got it wrong,”

“What is it you talking, oppa?”

“Two nights ago, I think. My friend saw you with him. Come on Jihyun-nie, your face is well known now,” Key pull up her chin up.

“Oppa, it was that night.” Jihyun let out a breath. “I told you right, that I will accompany Manager Jang’s friend. It’s Lee Jonghyun,”

“Really? You tell me that?” Key looked at Jihyun, still not believing.

“Eiii, oppa. Don’t tell me, you already forgot. Are you ….”

“Don’t dare you say that word!” Key cut her words. Jihyun laugh heartedly for that. “So, its work then. Tsk! I think I need to renew my network of information,”

Jihyun laugh brighter than ever but stopped when heart Key’s said, “But, something change with you.”

“Change? What change?”

“Well, I don’t know what. Even this circle of your eyes is hideous. Do you think today shoot is taking a panda?” Key pointed at her eyes. Off course Jihyun didn’t say anything like she didn’t sleep at all last night.

“Do your magic work then, oppa,” Jihyun said sweetly.

“One of these days, this magic won’t work, you know that.” Key said while giving the foundation to her face. “Sleep, Jihyun-nie. Sleep.”

“Got it, oppa,” Jihyun squeezed Key’s arm softly.

Jihyun just relaxed her body, her thought back to yesterday, back to certain someone. Hyungsik always got that effect for Jihyun, even she no longer a teenager.

Jihyun got 10 minutes to relax before taking her next shoots, the make-up already re-touched and she already with her second clothes. Right now she just sat at her chair, watching the people around her preparing for the new set when she feels her phone vibrate.

Usually Jihyun just ignored, because she need to concentrate, but something different with this. Jihyun got a feeling that she need to see the message. She tempted, but she remains still, let the phone tuck safely in her pocket coat.

“Jihyun, we are ready,” The photographer called.

“Okay,” said Jihyun, she gets up from her seat and the phone just forgotten.

Jihyun pressed the number and opened the door. She walked in the dark, put her bag in the sofa and walked to the kitchen. She needed a drink, so thirsty. Somehow today weather was very hot, even the sun already goes down, the hot still lingered. The water one of the salvation, but shower will be the final solution.

Jihyun walked to her room, but before that she gets her phone from her bag. She need to change the setting, as usual she always put vibrate when she was on photo-shoot, silent on meeting. Now, she already at home, so back to normal. Jihyun is not the type that always brings her phone with her when she at home, so leaving the phone with vibrates or silent won’t be a good idea. Just said Jihyun already learn her lesson.

2 unread messaged. She opened, it was Hyuna, told her that she passed her exam. The text full with emoticon of relief and happy. Jihyun laugh reading it, Hyuna when she is not at work, the age surely show she just a young girl that able to put cute acts.

Jihyun reply with another full of smiley emoticon and wrote ‘Hyuna is Jjang’, and press the send button. Then to the next text.

It’s only a simple message, like the note, but it feels like everything just stop. Jihyun just stared the text, and the view from yesterday with the note is like de javu. Slowly Jihyun took a breath, and make sure she adds the number to her contact. As touch the save button, she just smiled.

Jihyun decided shower first will be the best thing she need to do next, after that with a fresh feeling she will able to think what to answer that message. Even it’s just a simple message. But for Jihyun anything related to Hyungsik never been simple, because it will tie with her heart.

Reading it again, slowly this time, to each word that showed on her phone screen. It’s not a first time for Jihyun receiving text from men that got nothing to do with her works. Some with polite words, others directly asked for having relationship with her. Most of the men are potential candidates for husband as Hyuna said and Key oppa pointed. But never once she need to reply or giving any chance to them.

So, what’s the different with this text?

This text make Jihyun think about something. Something that she never thought it will become something that she will have in her life.

‘Oh, Hyungsik-ah, only you, Just you.” Jihyun whispered softly. She walked to her window, facing the city that now covering with lights. ‘Dream, should I? Could I…?’

 

From : Park Hyungsik

To : Nam Jihyun

You are my dream now.