Ch11 His Love

His & Her Story

Hyungsik already sitting in his place for 2 hours but he enjoy every moment of its, also he know it’s just more than mere minutes that she will show up, took the seat beside him. Like used to, like always.

This place is a public place, but somehow since back then, since the first time Hyungsik came with her, they always used this specific place, and somehow all of those time it always empty, always ready for them to use until they must go and parted for that day.

It’s actually Hyungsik favorite place, it’s his sanctuary, his gateway. But Hyungsik take Jihyun, and never once Hyungsik told her about it. Because deep inside Hyungsik’s heart hope that Jihyun notice and appreciate it.

The sound of steps approaching, without turn his back to see the person that walking towards him, Hyungsik already know who is it. The smile appears unconsciously in Hyungsik face, he closed the book in front him. Still look down, somehow the table now a very interesting thing to look at. Waiting until the sound of steps stop, and replaced with sound of chair being pulled out a little beside him. And the person now already here, sitting beside Hyungsik.

It took around 30second for Hyungsik hold up his head and make a slight turn to his left, his smile still there, and now is more brighter when he see that the person sitting beside him also smile ear to ear while that a shades of redness, a proof of shyness that after all this year she still has it. Although she is no longer a 15 years old. Something never change about her, and Hyungsik hope there’s many more to come.

“Hi,”

“Hi,”

Hyungsik look at Jihyun, and make them smile then laugh. But the laugh not stands for long because the feeling of someone giving them a stern glares, after all they are in library.

The silent come to them, there’s many times like this in the past, no change about it also even now. But even in silence, Hyungsik kind of able to hear to everything that Jihyun said in her heart.

‘You look good.’

‘I can say the same with you.’

Though the silent is nice, but it’s not enough. But with the silent their hands get together, Hungsik left hand and Jihyun right hand. And now their finger is intertwined to one another. Hyungsik just enjoy the feeling, amazed about bold he becomes. Back then, even there’s a feeling and opportunity like that, he never let it out. 5 years surely make a different.

“So, I am here,” Jihyun’s voice barely heard, but for Hyungsik it’s just that clear.

“Yes, you are.” Hyungsik cover Jihyun’s hand with his right hand. “I saw you last night.”

“I saw you too,”

“Eh?”

“I think, it was in the lobby. You were waiting for the car.”

“Ah, Is that so?”

Jihyun just nodded.

“It’s been 5 years,”

“Yes,”

“How are you doing?”

“I am okay, you? Another hotel to build?”

“So, you follow the news?”

“Well, off course. Maybe one day I will become the model for one of its,”

Hyungsik let out a small chuckled.

“Are you okay?” asked Hyungsik.

Jihyun smile, she understands about the question. “I am, so don’t worry,”

“Good,”

They stayed there for another 2 hour; they talked for those 2 hours, talking about anything and nothing, enjoying each other company. Because they know, it won’t be easy for them to do thing like this.

Hyungsik drive Jihyun back to her apartment, not before buy take away from one of the restaurant along the way. Then they stop at the park not far from Jihyun’s apartment, enjoying the meals inside the car.

“Thank you for today,” Jihyun said as Hyungsik parked the car at the same place a couple hours ago.

“Thank you for coming,”

“I guess I’ll see you when I see you?” Jihyun releasing her seatbelt, facing Hyungsik so she can see his face maybe for the last time until she doesn’t know when.

“We’ll see each other, I’m sure about it,” Hyungsik took Jihyun’s hands put it in his chest.

Jihyun just smile a little, and nodded. “Please be careful, don’t drive too fast, okay?”

“Okay. I think you better go now,”

“Why?”

‘If you stay here longer then I can’t ever let you go’ that’s the words Hyungsik want to say, “I think it’s getting rain soon, can’t afford you to getting sick” Hyungsik said.

“Alright. See you?”

“See you,”

As Jihyun closed the car’s door, Hyungsik call her.

“What is it?” Jihyun walk, as she closed enough with the car, she notice the car’s window a little bit opened.

“I love you,” Hyungsik said, and then wave his hands. Jihyun stop her step, as that time Hyungsik drive slowly his car out the parking lot, out from Jihyun.

Its late in the evening, Hyungsik excused himself from the dinner table earlier than the usual, although it make his mother raised her eyebrows a little, but no one said anything. Beside his excuse about having some assignment that wait for him to be finished not a mere lie.

But here he is, still facing an empty page. Still facing the laptop in front of him but thinking of nothing than what happened this afternoon.

He said the big three words out of nowhere. It might be a shock for Jihyun, but mostly he surprises himself. Hyungsik know and sure about this feeling since the first time he saw Jihyun. But for saying it like that after 5 years, then leaving her like that. And off course not contacting her, not because he doesn’t know her number, he easily can found out, but if he does contacting her. Hyungsik won’t know what to say to Jihyun, because now is not the time.

Love, for Hyungsik is almost like his heritage, it’s a privilege, something that he can have or cant. As now, his heritage is his life, love will be disruption that he can’t have.

Even so Hyungsik will keep it safe and treasure it as a promise that one day Jihyun will have all of it.