Ch13 His Dream

His & Her Story

When Hyungsik still in kindergarten, his teacher once asked him what his dream, what he want to become when he grown up and big. Hyungsik said he will be the successor of his family business. At that time his teacher, Ms. Song awed and said he was so cute. Hyungsik just smile politely.

Then Hyungsik went to elementary, he got an assignment about his dream. Again he wrote about being the person that will make his family business continue and growth with the helped of his brother off course. This time he was not only write it but also read it in front of the class. His teacher, Mr. Cho clapped his hands and said he so mature for his age. Hyungsik smiled politely as he bowed and back to his seat.

Junior high, Hyungsik only taste it for a year, with his brain the school made him skip grades twice after he scored perfect for each tests. So, there’s no talk about dream with the teacher this time. But Hyungsik’s dream never change, it’s always about his family and the family business.

Actually since when Hyungsik thought and decide about it, Hyungsik himself didn’t know, but as he see his father working for the family, not only his family but also others, the employee, the partners, he felt this is the best job ever. So it becomes his dream to do exactly what his grandfather and father did.

His parents never force him, but off course they show him the path. The privileges come along with the responsibilities. How he can have and use it because he can, but still he needed to give something for making as his.

Hyungsik understand and accept it, even live for it. But in life you need to expect the unexpected, like feeling. Hyungsik never know back then when the first time he said about his dream, feeling will be something that affects it. Maybe it won’t change it, because Hyungsik won’t let it happen, even he will throw it away. That what Hyungsik think, before he met with Nam Jihyun back then.

Even back then Hyungsik know, he must choose. And that time he chooses not to let his childhood dream change, although he won’t know about the effect. He chooses to let it go. But now, after 5 years, saw Jihyun with an arm length make all the vision about his planned future become blurred. It’s so blurred until he makes decision that he know that he need to prepare another plan.

“Excuse me,” soft knock and voice make Hyungsik turn around his chair from facing the window that shows the city view of high building.

“Ah, Yewon. What is it?”

Kim Yewon, one of his staff on marketing team, gave Hyungsik a file. “I want to give it to Siwan, but he’s not in his office,”

Hyungsik nodded and accepted the file, inside he feel weird that Siwan is late and didn’t tell him. “Okay,”

“This the update analysis report for our investment on Park Resort. I know you want it asap,”

“Yeah, need it for this afternoon meeting. Be ready okay, just in case Siwan not come in,”

Yewon nodded, give a little bow and exit from the room.

Hyungsik open the given file, he tried to read it, but the concentration seems off. Finally he just let it open, most of the analysis he already figured, so this afternoon meeting won’t be a problem. Beside he can just read while the meeting goes if he missed anything. Hyungsik back to the position before Yewon came.

Facing the city, wondering what Jihyun do right now. If he can guess, perhaps another photo shoot or commercial takes. She is everywhere right now. She, now already become somebody, not just anybody less nobody. Hyungsik smiled for it. All this time he prevent himself for become an ignorant person about Jihyun, but that night saw her in that red dress, followed their afternoon date, if he may called that. In one night Hyungsik becoming a stalker of Nam Jihyun.

Last night after dropped Jihyun at her apartment, the first thing he does was opened the laptop and making friend with search engine. So many update he need to know, her study that still not finished. Hyungsik laugh for that. Her career as a model, Hyungsik feel so proud with no reason.

Now beside her address, Hyungsik know her everything, even her social number. Applaud for Siwan. Even Hyungsik didn’t ask beside the address, but when he opened the email. Siwan already sent it. Along with attachment that showed scan of Jihyun’s graduation certificate. Hyungsik laugh really hard when knew Siwan also send it, maybe in Siwan’s mind Hyungsik want Jihyun for the candidate as their model or something, because Siwan took notice that Jung Yonghwa’s new restaurant became a hit when he used Seo Juhyun as his model.

Hyungsik picked up his phone, scrolling down to the name ‘Nam Jihyun’, looked at it. If he call her or perhaps text her, he know he can’t stop now. He can’t just run away like the last time. Because the city too small for hiding from each other.

Hyungsik saw the number, thinking even he want to call or send her a text, what should he said, what should he write. This thing is alien for him. So for the full five minutes he just stared until the phone suddenly ringing.

The name in screen is ‘Im Siwan’.

“Siwan?”

“Hyungsik-ah, I am sorry I am not in the office now,”

“What happen?”

“Yoona…” the voice Siwan stop at it.

“Okay, I understand. Just take care of her. She’s your priority, don’t think about anything else. I can handle it. Yewon will assist me,”

“Thank you. Again. I am sorry.”

“It’s okay, and don’t say sorry. It’s about family,”

“Anyway, thank you again. I just this week off okay?”

“It’s okay, take your time. Send my regards to Yoona,”

“Okay, bye.”

So, it’s Yoona. Hyungsik just let out a breath. Family is important, that one of the point in life that his parents make sure for him and Yoochun know and understand. So, his father toleration and understanding will be so high, if it’s about family. Im Yoona, the sweet Yoona, is twin’s sister of Siwan. Both of them have a great gene, both so beautiful. Hyungsik admit it. Yoona is a beautiful, but still don’t affect him. Only one person does that.

Again Hyungsik’s mind back to Jihyun and back staring her number.

‘Here goes nothing,’ as Hyungsik typed the words. It’s almost 2PM, in a couple minutes he got meeting. A meeting that makes his childhood dream more closely to come true. And with his finger press the send button, that dream will meet a change, a change he accept to happen, because Hyungsik refused to run away again. This time he will find a way for his childhood dream and Jihyun will become one package.

Hyungsik decided to make Nam Jihyun as his dream.