Wisdom from Grandmothers and Running from Fans

Librarian Love

~Sanghee’s POV~

I made it to the café before 1:30pm and decided to get a nice iced vanilla latte. It’s my favorite! Before I go inside I looked around to see if Hyukjae was walking to the café, but he was not. I looked at the café and saw that it had a warm feeling to it. I went in and walked up to the counter, the elderly grandmother was waiting for me at the counter.

“Hello, young one. How are you doing today?” The halmeoni (grandmother) asked with a soft airy voice.

“Hello halmeoni-nim. –bow– I am doing wonderful, how are you?” I greeted her.

“I am doing fine. What would you like, dear?” Halmeoni asked me.

“Could I have an iced vanilla latte?” I asked.

“Of course. Are you here alone or is someone coming with you?” the grandmother asked me while making my latte.

“I am actually here on a date of sorts. My date should be here soon.” I replied to her with a smile. She looked back at me and smiled, then handed me my drink.

“Here you go sweet heart.” Halmeoni told me with a warm grandmother smile.

“Thank you, Halmeoni-nim.” I replied back with a slight bow and then went to find a table to sit at.

I found a nice little table for two near a window and sat down. I wanted to drink my latte, but knew I would just down it in one go. So instead I played around on my phone while wating. By 13:45 (1:45) the door opened with a jingle and I looked up and saw a young man wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, a blue/white/red plaid button down shirt, and sunglasses. I thought he looked rather familiar, once he took off his sunglasses. I saw it was Hyukjae. He saw me and walked over to where I was sitting.

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

I’M LATE! UGH! I just had to walk here without a mask on my face. Crazy fan girls chasing after me. Thankfully I lost them by running into an alley way and then turning a different direction. That took me 15 minutes, and now I’m late for my coffee date with Sanghee. I hope she is still there! I made it to the café and walked in and to my surprise she was still there. Sitting next to the window on her phone drinking her iced drink. I smiled and started walking towards her.

“Hello Sanghee-sshi. I’m sorry I was late, but some fans saw me and started chasing after me.” I told her, while giving her the most sincere and apologetic smile I could muster and bowing a couple thousand times.

“Hello to you too. –Gave slight bow–It’s alright, Hyukjae-sshi. I got my drink and killed some time with playing phone games. Why don’t you get a drink as well and then come back here. Ok?!” she told me with a warm smile. So I did as she said and went to get a coffee.

“Ah, Hyukjae-ah. How are you today?” Jihwan-halmeoni asked.

“I’m doing fine, Jihwan-halmeoni. And how are you and Youngwook- harabeoji?” I asked her with a bow.

“We are doing just fine, Hyukjae-ah. Now what would you like? The usual I presume?” Jihwan-halmeoni questioned. I nodded to her and told her that is what I wanted.

“Now how are the other boys? You boys never come visit me anymore; it is so lonely here without you noisy boys.” Jihwan-halmeoni questioned me even more with a sad look.

“-Haha- We just released a new album halmeoni-sshi. I’ll tell Leeteuk-hyung that we should visit you and harabeoji-sshi.” I told her with a genuine smile, while she handed me my drink. I started walking away, but halmeoni asked me something else.

“Hyukjae-ah, are with that nice young lady over there?” she asked me while pointing to Sanghee.

“Yes I am, halmeoni-sshi.” I told her. She gave me a warm smile and a knowing twinkle in her eye.

"I will give you some wisdom that my mother gave me. My mother told me this while I was dating Youngwook-ah. ‘Look at who you are with. If you cannot see yourself with them in the future then it is not meant to be.’ Just keep that in mind young Hyukjae. Old halmeoni can already see that your relationship with that young lady will become a beautiful future. So don’t do anything that might break you two up.” Jihwan-halmeoni told me. I smiled at her advice and thought how Sanghee and I could grow old together like Jihwan-halmeoni and Youngwook-harabeoji.

“I will Jihwan-halmeoni. I will keep my relationship with her. Thank you for the wisdom.” I gave her one of my gummy smiles and went back to Sanghee.

~No One’s POV~

“Did the halmeoni also talk to you? And what did you get?” Sanghee asked Eunhyuk while he sat down.

“Yeah she did. She is kind of like Super Junior’s grandmother. All of us come here and help her and her husband out. It’s mostly because there is no one here, so we can act like ourselves. I got a caramel cappuccino.” Eunhyuk replied while taking a sip of his drink.

“HOT! HOT!” Eunhyuk yelped out while fanning his tongue. Sanghee laughed at his gestures.

“Careful it’s hot. –Giggle from Sanghee, glare from Eunhyuk– How about letting it sit for a while. Here have a sip of my drink to cool your mouth.” Sanghee told Eunhyuk while handing him her drink. Eunhyuk took a drink and handed it back.

“So…um…my members…no my friends…no my roommates…would like to meet you. But I, uh, told them that we haven’t even started officially dating yet.” Eunhyuk stumbled around his words to tell Sanghee.

“So the other Super Junior members wish to meet me, huh? But you are right; we haven’t even become official yet. This is only our second date.” Sanghee said with a sly smile.

“Yeah” Eunhyuk said sadly while sipping his drink. Sanghee just nodded and sipped her drink as well. The two just sat there looking at one another, enjoying each other’s company.

After a while Eunhyuk looked out the window and noticed a girl on the other side of the street staring at him. The girl then shook her friend and pointed at Eunhyuk, while saying something to her. Eunhyuk quickly grabbed his sunglasses and put them on.

“We have to go now.” Eunhyuk said to Sanghee rather quickly. He then grabbed her hand and started pulling her out of the coffee shop.

“Bye Jihwan-halmeoni! We have to go now!” Eunhyuk yelled out to Jihwan-halmeoni. She just nodded her head and told him ‘good luck.’

The two quickly walked out of the shop and started heading in the opposite direction of the fan girls. The fan girls noticed that he had left and was heading in the opposite direction of them. So they followed after him quickly. After a while the fan girls noticed that it was in fact Eunhyuk from Super Junior.

“EUNHYUK-OPPA!” one fan girl yelled out. Eunhyuk didn’t look back, but unfortunately Sanghee looked behind her. Eunhyuk quickly pulled Sanghee forward to move faster.

“We have to get out of here.” Eunhyuk told Sanghee quickly.

“Can’t you just give them an autograph, so they can leave you alone?” Sanghee questioned Eunhyuk.

“No, because these girls have chased me already today.” Eunhyuk replied while tugging her more. Sanghee just nodded and sped up.

The fan girls noticed that they were moving faster, and they too sped up. One of the fan girls took the chance to get her camera phone out and start taking pictures. She got one that was rather good, of Eunhyuk and Sanghee holding hands while looking back at them.

“Eunhyuk-oppa, wait for us!” “Eunhyuk-oppa! Saranghae!” “OPPA! Marry ME!” and so much more was yelled out by the fan girls.

The couple started running through the streets. Eunhyuk realized that Leeteuk was right and that they needed to get to the dorms fast.

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

Heechul-hyung was right, fan girls are scary! Now I have to take Sanghee to the dorms. Alright we can get to the dorm by going down this alley and then down another. Ok let’s do this!

I pulled Sanghee down the alleyway and hurried to another one, before the E.L.Fs realized which alley we went down. I pushed Sanghee into the dark shadows of the alley and pressed my body up against hers to hide her more.

“Hyukjae-sshi, what is-“ Sanghee started saying

“Shhhh. Keep quite.” I told her moving closer to her.

~Sanghee’s POV~

Eunhyuk pulled me down an alleyway and then down another one. Then out of nowhere he pushed me into the wall and pressed his body to mine. I blushed and was thankful for the shadows we were in. I started asking him what was going on. But he told me to be quiet! He then started pushing his body even closer to me.

I looked up at his face and realized how handsome he truly was. How his jaw line was sharp and defined, and his skin was so clear, but had a slight tan to it. I kept admiring his features and didn’t even realize that he was staring at me. I finally noticed him looking and blushed and looked away.

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

I kept watching out for the crazy E.L.Fs that were chasing us, they went the opposite direction that we went. I let out a sigh of relief, and started telling Sanghee that we were safe. When I didn’t hear a reply, I looked down at her and found she was staring at me. She finally noticed that I was staring back and looked to the ground blushing.

I brought my hand up to her chin and pulled her face to look into mine. We locked eyes and I moved my hand to push some hair out of her eyes. I gave her a warm smile and started moving in towards her lips. She noticed and moved as well. Once our lips touched it was like electricity went through my body. Her lips were so soft and inviting, that I just wanted to kiss her all the time.

I pulled away from her and gently touched her cheek; Sanghee leaned into me touching her cheek.

“We can go now. Are you ok?” I told her rather gently.

“Yeah, I’m ok.” She told me, while looking up to me. I smiled and we started heading out of the alley.

“I want to stop back at the dorms. Just in case any more fans are going to follow us. That and I don’t want you walking back home alone with some fans walking around that might have seen us. So when we get to the dorms, I will drive you home.” I told her, while holding her hand.

Sanghee just nodded, she then held my hand tighter and walked a bit closer to me. I smiled and we continued on our way to the dorms.

We finally made it back to the Super Junior dorms, we then went into the elevator and headed up to the 12th floor. We were outside the door to the dorm and I turned to Sanghee.

“Be prepared for any crazy stuff you might see. I’m going to apologize in advance if something happens. I don’t even know what will happen but I’m already apologizing.” I told her. She gave our hands a squeeze and a warm smile.

“I doubt anything bad will happen. But I accept your apology. Now open that door, Hyukjae-sshi!” Sanghee told me. I gave her a hesitant smile and opened the door.

“I’m back and I brought a friend.” I yelled out to the dorm. Next thing I hear is someone running to the door.

“IS THAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!?”