You Can Use My Umbrella

Librarian Love

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

Today is the day. Now I have to go to dance practice for our new song “No Other.” We are still working on getting the moves correct. Plus the director has yet to figure out where we are filming the MV. I’m going to be really tired for my date, but I might not be tired if she is really pretty.

-As everybody in Super Junior is dancing Eunhyuk messes up a part in the dance-

Ahh, I just messed up. Here comes the yelling.

“Hyuk-ah, what is wrong with you?” Leetuek-hyung asks with concern.

“YAH! Why aren’t you doing this right! HUH! You are the dancing machine; you should know how to do this in your sleep!” Heechul-hyung yells at me.

“I just have something on my mind, I’ll forget about it. Sorry everybody.” I say while looking down and finding my feet rather interesting.

“Ahh, it’s alright Hyukkie-ah. We are all getting tired. So why don’t we all take a 5 minute break and relax for a bit.” Leetuek-hyung suggests. I go over to my water bottle and towel. I start thinking about how my blind date will go and realize I should stop so I don’t mess up again and get yelled at by the great Kim Heechul.

~Sanghee’s POV~

Here we go Sanghee! Time to get all dolled up and ready for your date with THE Eunhyuk. I just hope he doesn’t find me repulsive. I put on my outfit for the day and some light makeup. As I’m halfway to class, heavy rain starts pouring from the sky. I give out a startled scream and open my umbrella rather quickly. Hopefully my makeup isn’t destroyed; I’ll just check it when I get to the university. I checked my makeup, once I arrived, and it was still perfect. I head off to my classes for the day hoping that I can forget about the date for today. I need to concentrate on my classes, but I really doubt that will happen.

~No One’s POV~

Sanghee is sitting behind the front desk at the library, studying for upcoming exams and waiting for 5 o’clock to come. Students come in and out of the library, however not many come because of the pouring rain outside. Around 4:45, a young man walks into the library with a beanie, sunglasses, and a mask on his face. Sanghee just looks at him with a questionable look, then shrugs and looks away. The young man, is actually Eunhyuk who made it to the library with time to spare, goes and sits down at a table and pulls out his earbuds to listen to music. At 4:50, Sanghee stands up and walks around to all the people inside, notifying them that the library will be closing in 10 minutes. She gets to Eunhyuk to tell him about the closing warning.

“Excuse me. We are going to be closing in 10 minutes.” Sanghee says with a smile and puts up both of her hands to show 10 minutes.

“Oh!” Eunhyuk, who pulled out an earbud to hear her, stands up to leave.

“You don’t have to leave just yet. I know it’s raining outside, so you can wait until it is closer to 5. I just have to go around and tell everyone that we are closing soon.” Sanghee says rather quickly and slightly flustered. She doesn’t want that young man to get wet.

“That‘s good then. I’m waiting on someone and they told me to meet them here.” Eunhyuk replied with a smile. Since he was wearing the mask Sanghee couldn’t really tell if he smiled or not.

“I hope they get here soon, so you don’t have to wait in the rain too long.” She replied with a warm smile. Sanghee then continued on her way to tell the other patrons about the upcoming closing time.

It’s finally closing and Eunhyuk walks over to where Sanghee is and says thank you for letting him stay dry. She smiles in return and says your welcome. Sanghee rushes around to close the library and get outside to meet Eunhyuk. After she closes and locks the front door. She opens her blue and white polka-dot umbrella, and notices a person with a black umbrella standing close to the library. She walks over to the man hoping that it is Eunhyuk.

“Um…excuse me. But...uh...are you a friend of Nari-sshi?” Sanghee says nervously. Eunhyuk turns around and Sanghee notices that it is the same young man that came into the library.

“Yes, I am. Are you also a friend of Nari-sshi? Are you Park Sanghee?” Eunhyuk replies. Sanghee gives him a surprised look, but realizes that Nari-unnie probably told Eunhyuk her name.

“Yes, I am. I’m Park Sanghee. It’s a pleasure to meet you….Eunhyuk-sshi” Sanghee says, yet she ends her sentence with a whisper. She doesn’t want other people to find out that there is a celebrity on campus.

“-chuckle- It’s a pleasure to meet you too Sanghee-sshi. I’m Lee Hyukjae, also known as Eunhyuk. But if you don’t want people to figure out I’m here; just call me Hyukjae-sshi. OK?” Eunhyuk replies with a smile.

“Ah…alright.” Sanghee says with a slight blush to her face.

“Well...I’m parked in the visitors’ parking lot. So should we head over?” Eunhyuk asks with giving a gesture with his hand.

“Sure! Let’s go.” Sanghee says with a warm smile.

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

WOW! She is really pretty, especially when she blushes and acts all shy. She is a little short though, she looks around 165 cm (5’ 5’’). I also like what she is wearing. Are those pterodactyls on her dress? I look over at her and take a closer look at her dress, IT IS! I think I should complement her on her dress and we could have a conversation about dinosaurs. I think I’ll ask her once we get into the car.

~Sanghee’s POV~

He doesn’t seem like much. That could just be because he doesn’t want people to recognize his voice. He is nicely dressed though; I like how he paired his stripped shirt with the black cardigan. He’s rather tall, well he looks tall but he is probably average height. I’m just super short only being 157 cm (5’ 2”) whereas he seems around 183 cm (6 foot). -gust of wind hits Sanghee and Eunhyuk- Oh no my umbrella!

“Omo!” I yelp out in surprise when my umbrella goes inside out. Eunhyuk also stops and looks over at me to see what surprised me. He must have seen me struggling to hold onto my umbrella.

“Here let me help! You can use my umbrella.” He exclaimed, while handing me his umbrella to keep me dry. I smile and hold out his umbrella over both of us, so we both can stay dry. He glances at me and smiles. Once he is finished fixing my umbrella, he hands it back to me.

“Thank you, Hyukjae-sshi.” I say with a small smile and a slight blush.

“You’re welcome.” He replies looking down at me and taking his umbrella. We continue on our way to his car.

~No One’s POV~

Once the blind date couple reaches Eunhyuk’s car, he reaches out and opens the passenger door for Sanghee. Sanghee looks up at him and smiles and says a meek thank you and starts to close her umbrella. Eunhyuk notices and holds his umbrella over her so that Sanghee doesn’t get too wet. Once, Sanghee was inside does Eunhyuk rush over to his side of his car. Eunhyuk reaches around his face and takes off both the sunglasses and his mask. Eunhyuk starts up his car and heads out of the parking lot. While he is driving Sanghee starts to feel a bit cold and secretly takes her arms and wraps them around herself, shivering slightly. Eunhyuk notices and quickly turns on the heat to warm her up.

“Are you warm?” Eunhyuk asks while stealing glances at Sanghee.

“Ah, yes. Thank you.” Sanghee replies with a smile.

“So…umm…where are we going on our blind date?” Sanghee asks Eunhyuk while looking at him.

“Well…I was thinking of taking you to this nice restaurant. I heard it just opened a few weeks ago.” Eunhyuk says with a slightly nervous voice.

“It sounds wonderful.” Sanghee says with a hesitant smile. After that it was quiet except for the soft murmur of the radio.