Blind Date Jitters

Librarian Love

~Eunhyuk’s POV~

I’m sitting in the living room trying to beat Kyuhyun, Donghae and Heechul at Mario Cart. But Heechul-hyung keeps throwing bananas in my way and laughing manically, so I’m stuck in last place. It doesn’t matter because it is the last lap and Kyuhyun has already won. Right before we can start a new game the front door opens and we hear Nari-noona’s voice waft through the room asking for me to come meet her in the kitchen. I stand up and head towards the kitchen.

“Hey Noona. What did you want to ask me?” I ask her as I head to the fridge to get some water.

“I asked my friend for you, and she wants to go on a blind date with you. All you have to do is meet her at her university’s library on Friday at 5. DO NOT BE LATE!” Nari-noona told me with a serious face. She handed me a paper with the universities address.

“What will she be wearing on Friday; so I know what she looks like? And what does she look like? I can’t go around asking every girl there if she is Park Sanghee.” I asked. Picturing what she would look like. I hope she has a body like KARA’s Park Gyuri or maybe she is pretty like SNSD’s Kim Hyoyeon. What if she isn’t up to my standards of beauty?!

“I’m not telling you what she will be wearing or what she looks like. All I’m telling you is that she is rather pretty. Besides she works at the library so she will be the last person out.” Nari-noona said to me with a wag of her finger. I gave a sigh as she got up to leave.

“Oh by the way, it’s going to rain on Friday. So I suggest you bring your black umbrella. And be sure to look for a blue and white polka-dot umbrella if it’s raining.” She suggested with a smirk. Then she waltzed out the door, leaving me pondering if I really want to go on this date with Park Sanghee.

I head over to the living room and see that the guys started without me. So, I just went to my room to pick my outfit for Friday. Even though it is only Monday, I have schedules until Friday afternoon. I decide to choose a black and white striped shirt with a black cardigan, and some jeans. That way if I need to use my umbrella it can match! I hope Park Sanghee wears something that makes her beautiful. I sit down on my bed and start thinking about my blind date.

***Time skip of three days!***

~Sanghee’s POV~

I realized that it is Thursday evening already; I should really stop studying and get out more. That and Nari-unnie should be here soon with some food. I’M SO HUNGRY! Next thing I know my doorbell is ringing and Nari-unnie lets herself in. I should have never given her my passcode. I rush over to help her and take the food containers. Yes, she brought my favorite! Once we sit down at the table and start eating does she ask me if I’m excited for my date.

“Eh…kind of. I mean I haven’t been on a date in a while. Especially never with an idol. So, yeah, I am a bit excited but more nervous than anything.” I tell her truthfully while taking a sip from my drink.

“Don’t worry about it. You will be fine. If anything happens and you need a quick escape just let me know. I will make some excuse for you to leave; even though you shouldn’t.” Nari assured me with a warm smile. I gave a smile back.

“I think you should tell me my cat has gotten pregnant and I need to be there for him. Right, Rocky!” I say with a smile while I look at my cat Rocky. Who saunters into the room and goes over to his food bowl.

“Oh yes. Because your male cat is now pregnant with kittens. Yeah, Eunhyuk would believe that.” She says with pure sarcasm, while giving me a pointed look. I just look up at her and shrug with a smile. We both giggle and finish eating our meal.

“Well since you are done. Let’s go raid your closet for some y outfits.” Nari exclaims with a cheer and runs to my room.

“You mean, ‘Let me go raid your closet for some y outfits.’” I grumble as I start to slowly walk to my room. When I get there I see Nari-unnie throwing clothes here and there, all around my room. I start picking up what she has thrown. Finally she has picked out some outfits for me.

The first outfit is of a little red halter dress.

“I’m not going for some sultry y women, unnie. I want to go for cute and fun.” I say with a shake of my head.

“Well then that throws out options two and three then. Doesn’t it?” She looks over at me with a sad smile. I just shake my head at her antics.

The fourth outfit is a blue strapless dress with a white cropped shrug.

The fifth outfit is a strapless dress as well, but with a print of pterodactyls.

“-Sigh- I guess I choose this one. But I get to wear it with black leggings and a black cardigan.” I say as I picked the fifth outfit, and sit down on my bed. Nari-unnie agreed and went to go put away the other choices.

“How are you going to do your makeup? You should go for something light, nothing to heavy, because your face can’t handle it. And you should wear your black flats” Unnie tells me as she walks back over to my bed to sit with me.

“Yeah well…Your face can’t handle it.” I mockingly say back to her.

“Sanghee, that doesn’t make sense.” As she looks over to me.

“Ah, don’t worry unnie. I’ll be a good dongsaeng and do as you say.” I say as I giggle and look over to her with a smile. She smiles back and we just lie there for a while enjoying each company. Soon enough Nari gets up. I sit up and stare at her with a questionable face.

“I have to get going. So, have fun on your date. OH! Before I forget, bring your blue and white polka-dot umbrella with you; since it will possibly be raining tomorrow. And Eunhyuk will have a black umbrella with him.” She waves to me and starts to head out of my room.

“Wait!” I yell out and scramble out of my bed, but get caught up in the sheets and fall to the floor with a BAM! I jump up and run to her before she leaves.

“wh..what will he be wearing?” I ask, slightly out of breath from falling.

“Oh, I don’t know. I didn’t ask. See ya!” Nari-unnie says and gives me a hug before she leaves. While I just stand there nodding my head.

“Well, at least I know what his face looks like. Right Rocky?” looking down I ask my cat. He just looks back at me and runs off. I smile at his retreating form. I decide to go to bed and while I lie there waiting for sleep. I hope this blind date turns out for the better